Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2011, 23:16   #106
God Member

Re: Hereford Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
but I will mention Craney whos effort/technique and vision was excellent and did a lot of graft which is not normally his game.

I thought whilst watching that Ian might have got a hard time for tonights performance (had the result not been as emphatic). Not because he had been poor, but just because he hadn't been as effective as he has been recently. Whilst thinking it though, whilst thinking it though I also thought what a shame that would be because he put in a proper shift tonight and had to work very hard for little reward. But had it not been for the unseen work the whole team wouldn't have reaped anywhere near the same reward as they did. Good work Balcony wobbly fella (private joke between a few hundred of us)
Old 30-03-2011, 23:27   #107
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

if quite a few others had been MoM tonight including Craney n Sean Mc, would be no complaints from me, thought a good shift put in by all.
Old 31-03-2011, 05:17   #108
God Member

Not a lot I can really add other than a few points

Proccy starting to make them tick, noticed him more and more last few games making the runs rolling his sleeves up getting really stuck in and starting to come into his own in the engine room

Well done Skip

El Tel a welcome return and goals as well!

Brilliant TEAM performance

Noise nervous from the Claton End till the second went in then the noise lifted by many decibels super support.

Anybody who was a neutral or from another club who came to watch can't have failed to be impressesd with what they saw.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2011, 06:12   #109

Fantastic team performance tonight. And I agree Craney was superb and was MOM in my opinion. 3 points in the bag and roll on saturday.
new red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2011, 06:25   #110
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
It's a case of the noise that succeeded the fourth goal was 'belief'. 'we're going up with Jimmy and John' was sincere. We, the crowd, need to keep that belief flowing. Hopefully news from the club will filter through in the next 24/48 hours that the ownership has been resolved -that along with the perfomances from the XI, will boost us to another six points from the next two home games.

Ilyas Khan's Barmy Army was a sign of the optisimism around at the moment too. It may have been sung before but it's the first time I've heard it from the main stand
Old 31-03-2011, 06:39   #111
God Member

That's the best I've seen us all season. Excellent commitment, determination, skill, concentration and heart from all our players, even the subs. Perfect team performance from start to finish. Proc was man of the match for me after an exemplary captain's game. Credit to Hereford, they kept trying to come at us even at 3-0 but our defending was so organised it was unreal. This is the best team Accrington Stanley have ever had, at least in my time, and I hope they get what they deserve come the end of the season. I believe.

Posted via Mobile Device
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2011, 07:49   #112
Senior Member+

Well another fantastic performance.

Every player deserves credit after that.

Special mention for sean hessey who i thought was magnificent.

As for mcconvilles goal, not seen a better strike than that at the crown for a long time.

Great to see terry and jimmy on the scoresheet again, as well as giving 3 subs a run out. A luxury there!

Win on Saturday and i really will be getting carried away.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2011, 08:01   #113
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yep ta mate, i made it, glad i forced meself, this lot remind me of Walt Galbraiths lads. by the way popular consensus seems to be Stay Away Wynonie, as stanley score a pan-full when he can't make it. pmsl.
Don't sodding believe it! Of all the matches to miss! Urgent job turned up at work and I didn't get out until too late. I really must start getting my priorities right. As for staying away, absolutely no chance, Cashy. I'll be there on Saturday!

They say seeing is believing...I didn't see it, but I STILL believe!
Old 31-03-2011, 08:29   #114
God Member

BRILLIANT, JUST BRILLIANT...... I'm a believer.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2011, 09:50   #115
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
BRILLIANT, JUST BRILLIANT...... I'm a believer.
Pity your messenger couldn't keep up with the scoreline in the first half

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2011, 10:36   #116
Dan
Senior Member+

Just to round up all the stuff on the fishy site from last night...

Match report ASFC News Story > 3971

Coley's reaction ASFC News Story > 3972

The post match thoughts of Sean McConville

And a reminder - vote for Alex Cisak if you haven't already - ASFC News Story > 3954

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2011, 11:24   #117
Full Member+

Nothing more to add on that brilliant performance, especially the 1st half.

However, last night's win does mean that we cannot be relegated - neither Barnet nor Stockport can catch us if they win all their remaining games.

Anyway, that's enough talk of our #1 objective this season!
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2011, 14:18   #118

Must have watched Sean,s goal on sky about 8 times today and still cannot believe how sweet he caught that volley. IMHO not one Stanley player should have been MOTM last night they were all MOTM, I have seen some stunning performances from the lads this season but last night capped it all, no matter what ever else happens this season last night was my defining moment.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 13:07   #119
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

In case anyone missed the goal rush on skysports like methen here you go four cracking goals with one very special one!!magic BBC Sport - Football - Highlights: Accrington 4-0 Hereford
Old 01-04-2011, 14:34   #120
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
In case anyone missed the goal rush on skysports like methen here you go four cracking goals with one very special one!!magic BBC Sport - Football - Highlights: Accrington 4-0 Hereford
Cheers Mab for the link

First time seeing them again and goals two and three were worthy of winning any game

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..