Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2011, 21:44   #91

Re: Hereford Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
gerard def singing off different hymn sheets there didn't get your connection and certainly no offence meant!
cheers
nige
No offence taken, mate.

Am going to PM you, cos I think I may know who you are!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2011, 21:47   #92
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
No offence taken, mate.

Am going to PM you, cos I think I may know who you are!
worrying!
Old 30-03-2011, 21:47   #93
Senior Member+

Am I the only one disappointed by tonights game, after all we only won 4-0 and I guessed 5-0 for the prediction league, bummer. Seriously though, what a game, thoroughly enjoyable to watch and once the team found their rhythm in the first half, they were unplayable. 3 cracking goals followed by a cheeky goal in the second, but then the team went to sleep and sat back and allowed the Bulls to attack more, granted though, they were not dangerous at all (apart from the one save Alex Cisak had to make).
More of the same on Saturday please and Tuesday next week as well and I reckon win both of those and we will be sitting pretty in the play offs. However, on a cautious note, could JC be manager of the month for March?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2011, 21:49   #94
God Member

Cracking game tonight, we were all over them first half, but took our foot off the gas after the 4th went in. Hereford did make a fist of it in the 2nd half but imho they didn't really trouble us apart from one decent effort that Cisac superbly pushed round the post.

I'm starting to believe!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2011, 21:52   #95
Senior Member+

anyone know dates for play off games..............call me presumptious but got a holiday to book
Old 30-03-2011, 21:58   #96
God Member

Quote:
anyone know dates for play off games..............call me presumptious but got a holiday to book
1st Leg semi final 15th or 16th May

2nd Leg 19th or 20th May

Final May 28th
Old 30-03-2011, 22:01   #97
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
So, Cashy, you managed to get there? Saw on different thread that you weren't so well & might not make it... hope you feel better.
I only managed first half, so, seems like you made up for my absence in second!
Yep ta mate, i made it, glad i forced meself, this lot remind me of Walt Galbraiths lads. by the way popular consensus seems to be Stay Away Wynonie, as stanley score a pan-full when he can't make it. pmsl.

Last edited by cashman; 30-03-2011 at 22:05.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2011, 22:02   #98
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
1st Leg semi final 15th or 16th May

2nd Leg 19th or 20th May

Final May 28th
cheers dave
Old 30-03-2011, 22:04   #99
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yep ta mate, i made it, glad i forced meself, this lot remind me of Walt Galbraiths lads.
and cashy did you not win guess the gate you lucky ol chuffer....hope you're feeling better as well
Old 30-03-2011, 22:14   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yep ta mate, i made it, glad i forced meself, this lot remind me of Walt Galbraiths lads.
Sorry, I'm only 65, arrived in Accy in1964, so am not as attuned to your era!
I remember as a 16 yr old, when still at home in Manchester & being so upset that Accy lost out. ( I was a City supporter then)
Little did I know, that a short time later, I would come & work here, meet my future wife, & still be here centuries later!
With two wonderful daughters & four superb grandkids to show for it!

On, Stanley, on!!
Old 30-03-2011, 22:26   #101
Senior Member+

Brilliant result and pergformance tonight from Stanley. Simply superb in first half...like watching Brazil!! I said to friends after the second goal, "You won't see a better team goal all season!" and then the third goal went in ....WOW .. it was an absolute cracker!! The team are so fit too it is hard to imagine the training they must do with Jimmy and John. There can't be a fitter team in British football. They run and run. Thought all the players were terrific tonight including the subs who got a run out. They too are looking sharp and confident and that they can fit into the master plan on the pitch. Alex Cisak has really played well since coming in and it is great to see clean sheets again. Luke joyce is pivotal to our build up play and he seems to have learnt how to tackle and challenge in the air! I love the plan to pass and pass and pass our way up the field with patience built in to the system too. Come on Stanley ... going great!!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2011, 22:26   #102
Senior Member+

sorry cashy got it wrong but glad you're better and all the best kitch will meet up in the bar....prob bradford the way it's looking
Old 30-03-2011, 22:34   #103

Quote:
sorry cashy got it wrong but glad you're better and all the best kitch will meet up in the bar....prob bradford the way it's looking
looking forward to it!
Old 30-03-2011, 22:41   #104
God Member

first half.

dominated the Welsh Wazzers. For 38 minutes I dont think they had the ball in our half for more than 25 seconds - and certainly never threatened the goalkeeper. One nil up will it be enough? First Welsherford attack and there was a huge uproar for a goal, was it a goal? had it crossed the line? had it hit the bar? dunno, twas the other end of the pitch and 58 Welshies weren't able to relay why the uproar. 90 seconds later and they just miss the far post with a 35 yard daisycutter. Nearly half time, grab a beer and prepare for the gates opening for ciggie time. Yeah right, as soon as Macca aint looking we'll bang another one in innit? Yeah, and then just for good measure we'll make the game safe and bang another while you ain't looking!

2nd half.

Not much to report really. Saw the goal but couldn't work out what had happened til I watched it back on Sky. Hereford didn't muster anything of any worth other than the half chance that Cisak turned around the post. Rien.

But the biggest thing tonight for me was the crowd noise. It's not a case of there was or wasn't any. It's not a case of how loud it was or wasn't. It's a case of the noise that succeeded the fourth goal was 'belief'. 'we're going up with Jimmy and John' was sincere. We, the crowd, need to keep that belief flowing. Hopefully news from the club will filter through in the next 24/48 hours that the ownership has been resolved -that along with the perfomances from the XI, will boost us to another six points from the next two home games.

Bring your dad, your brother, your wife, your husband, your mate. This next five home games is going to be history in the making.

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 30-03-2011 at 22:43.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2011, 22:54   #105
Senior Member+

first class performance and Hereford are not a bad team.They looked strong but not many teams could live with Accis movement tonight,they just got pulled everywhere.
What goes un-noticed sometimes is how hard they work to get the ball back ( must have studied barcas tactics).
Too many top performances tonight,but I will mention Craney whos effort/technique and vision was excellent and did a lot of graft which is not normally his game.
If messi had scored a similar goal to seans,it would be played for the next 10 years,unbelievable skill and vision
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..