Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-01-2008, 20:58   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Hoskins Sacked!!

the interview with mannix he says he sees himself as a leader so put him in defence

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-01-2008, 21:02   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
will saturdays game be on! with all this bad weather at the moment
just been down the covers are off so hopefully this wind will dry the pitch out......
Old 31-01-2008, 21:07   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Every year it's the same, some bloke turns up dressed in red & white. I'm waiting for the year he turns up with the right colours on
Happy now?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Burnley Santa.jpg (5.1 KB, 4 views)
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2008, 21:12   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Happy now?
yaaaaaaaaaayyy Merry Christmas
Old 31-01-2008, 22:51   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coley View Post
one more post then gone for a while

Ash was not sacked he was offered a position as head of the academy but felt it wouldn't suit him. Unfortunately the club cannot carry a full time reserve manager as there isnt a reserve team to coach, with it being made up of first team and youth. I clarified the position of gk coach at the forum stating that the new one had far more playing experience at a decent level.

Christmas must be terrible for some on here only happy when moaning and prepared to invent things to get others to be negative.

keep the faith
cheers for that John...hmmm you been drinking again??

It was from your description of the new GK coach that quite a few of us guessed

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 13:46   #36

Quote:
one more post then gone for a while

Ash was not sacked he was offered a position as head of the academy but felt it wouldn't suit him. Unfortunately the club cannot carry a full time reserve manager as there isnt a reserve team to coach, with it being made up of first team and youth. I clarified the position of gk coach at the forum stating that the new one had far more playing experience at a decent level.

Christmas must be terrible for some on here only happy when moaning and prepared to invent things to get others to be negative.

keep the faith
Start picking the best players stop playing your mates bring a striker on when we are getting beat stop falling out with players and people will be more optomistic.
And its ok adding to someones responsibilities and already long working hours but if you have the cheek not to offer them any extra for their troubles then you have effectively sacked him stop sacking loyal members of staff who are far more qualified than yourself so as to employ your Scouse mates.
And as jamo played at a higher level?

Last edited by lindsay ormerod; 01-02-2008 at 15:31. Reason: family forum.
Darwenred1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 14:02   #37

Jamo learnt under Neville Southall at Everton, one of the very best, who thought that much of him he played in Jamies testamonial game, as well as Jamo making the bench for Everton. I would think from this he might have obtained a fairly high standard of goalkeeping knowledge. He may also have taken coaching badges in the mean while etc. All I know is that hell be a great presence for the team and Bavs and Kenny will enjoy working with him rather then nobody.

He has also played in the league for Darlo and Bury

PS: Its all well and good on a forum, but why dont you say these things to Coley in person. Hes always in the Sports Bar after the game.

Last edited by Alvin the chipmunk; 01-02-2008 at 14:08.
Alvin the chipmunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 14:12   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Jamo learnt under Neville Southall at Everton, one of the very best, who thought that much of him he played in Jamies testamonial game, as well as Jamo making the bench for Everton. I would think from this he might have obtained a fairly high standard of goalkeeping knowledge.

PS: Its all well and good on a forum, but why dont you say these things to Coley in person. Hes always in the Sports Bar after the game.
Do you really think he would listen?
Our recent goalkeeping coach was doing excellent!! Hoskins was also doing extremely well and Uefa A qualified.
If you criticise him you don't play for the club again.Surely when he reads the comments on here he must realise that not everyone thinks the sun shines out of his ar*e. All of the fans who dare to criticise is actions on this forum are classed as moaners, Well if being upset at paying to see your team struggle to win at home week in week out is a sin then I am a true MOANER.
I do appreciate the fantastic job he as done its just he thinks of himself to be untouchable no matter how badly we play .
Darwenred1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 14:17   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwenred1968 View Post
Our recent goalkeeping coach was doing excellent!! Hoskins was also doing extremely well and Uefa A qualified.
If you criticise him you don't play for the club again.Surely when he reads the comments on here he must realise that not everyone thinks the sun shines out of his ar*e. All of the fans who dare to criticise is actions on this forum are classed as moaners, Well if being upset at paying to see your team struggle to win at home week in week out is a sin then I am a true MOANER.
I do appreciate the fantastic job he as done its just he thinks of himself to be untouchable no matter how badly we play .
Ooo so wrong, yes he will listen and he does, if you had come to the fans forum and then had a chat afterwards, he was very open. Don't forget he doesn't have to agree with us either!

He also stated he has no issues with people criticising, when its constructive and also admitted to making some big mistakes this season with signings etc...

And he did clarify that he doesn't get rid of people when they fall out, otherwise Jimmy would've gone years ago but of course we can only take his word for it

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 16:39   #40
Junior Member+

darwen come down to the dressing room area about 2 40 pm tomorrow and I will have a chat with you.You can give me your point of view and I will give you mine.
coley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 16:40   #41
God Member

Quote:
darwen come down to the dressing room area about 2 40 pm tomorrow and I will have a chat with you.You can give me your point of view and I will give you mine.
hmm can't say fairer than that now can you Darwen1968???

Old 01-02-2008, 16:44   #42
God Member

Quote:
Well said JC, however I doubt that you will see Him/Her somehow,as they didn't manage to make the forum after stating that they would and that they would not baulk at asking you awkward questions..........So make sure you've got your big coat on as you'll get bloody cold waiting!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 16:44   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
hmm can't say fairer than that now can you Darwen1968???
Doesn't the team sheet have to be in by 2.30pm though? . Ooops sorry this isn't Ebbsfleet is it ?
Old 01-02-2008, 18:14   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwenred1968 View Post
You're an idiot, 'nuff said!

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 18:23   #45

Coley if it is you ??!! Although I think its great that you have replied on the forum and I can understand your frustration with people on it, I think its probably best not to reply to certain posts or people. The jobs hard enough without having to read some of the stuff on here sometimes, people will always have differing views and things will get personal because of it. I think what you do when you answer questions from fans in person is admirable and perhaps we could have something like it on the forum where you can answer questions we might have occasionally.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..