Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2008, 18:26   #46
God Member

Re: Hoskins Sacked!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
Coley if it is you ??!! Although I think its great that you have replied on the forum and I can understand your frustration with people on it, I think its probably best not to reply to certain posts or people. The jobs hard enough without having to read some of the stuff on here sometimes, people will always have differing views and things will get personal because of it. I think what you do when you answer questions from fans in person is admirable and perhaps we could have something like it on the forum where you can answer questions we might have occasionally.
Can say it def is coley as he confirmed it at the fans forum last week!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-02-2008, 18:38   #47

Well if it is I'm impressed, although I don't think I would be able to demonstrate the same restraint after reading some posts on here .
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 18:44   #48
God Member

he actually said he was quite impressed that we had such an active fans forum and even accepted that there should be moans and groans when things aren't going well, but what he hated to read was factually incorrect or scaremongering posts!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
Old 01-02-2008, 19:43   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
if teh clique is expanding then there will be less sulkers on the periphary!!

from what I understand of goalkeeping coaches it's not just about actually teaching them things but about working with them on specifics such as the type of movement that keepers make as opposed to outfield players - such as lots of hip movements and swivels etc.
that 's lap dancing !
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 19:47   #50
God Member

then Jamo will enjoy his new job
Old 01-02-2008, 20:42   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by coley View Post

Ash was not sacked he was offered a position as head of the academy but felt it wouldn't suit him.
Well, as someone who first came to the Crown (sorry, FES - first it was IES and with all the scousers here I guess it may be DSS next year) around the same time as Ash signed, he remains one of my all time favourites and I was sad when I read the headline to the forum.

However, after reading Coley's quote, I couldn't be happier. Why? The club had decided that the best use for our best-qualified coach was to head the academy set-up, rather than work with players on the edges of the first team some of which, presumably, have no long-term future at the club. That tells me that we are finally shaking off our non-league mentality of getting semi-developed players in cheap and are instead intent on developing our own. If we can be half as successful at this as some other clubs who also suffer from their catchment area (Crewe for example), the financial and playing future of the club will be bright.

So, thanks for the memories, Ash and good luck for the future (club management, perhaps?)

In the meantime, well done Coley and all for taking the bold step for the academy and lets hope you can get someone equally qualified to take the scheme forward.

Tempted to give Coley karma for having the balls to post but (1) Don't know how and (2) might be sucking up a bit, I guess...

S-d it. Karma for coley

Last edited by BedsRed; 01-02-2008 at 20:44. Reason: finally worked out how to do it
BedsRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 21:06   #52
Senior Member+

Nice to see the fanboys kept happy.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:09   #53
Super Moderator

DarwenRed1968 has gone very quiet, hasn't he? I wonder if he'll turn up to meet Coley?
Old 02-02-2008, 10:47   #54
Full Member+

I'd be very surprised if he did!
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 10:51   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
DarwenRed1968 has gone very quiet, hasn't he? I wonder if he'll turn up to meet Coley?
yeah he's been online this morning but yet didn't reply to this thread!!! Hmmm wonder if he will use the excuse that he couldn't get to the match cos of the snow, so he couldn't meet up with coley

Old 02-02-2008, 11:47   #56
Senior Member+

Why would anyone be afraid of speaking with Coleman? Fair enough DarwenRed1968 got his facts wrong, but I doubt any adult would be put off going to the match because they were 'afraid' of our manager.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:02   #57
Senior Member+

Counting on Darwen giving us a "blow by blow" account of the exchange of "points of view" with Coley!!!

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 17:51   #58
God Member

so?.... how did it go Darwen?????
Old 02-02-2008, 22:36   #59
Senior Member+

RUMOUR has it that this is darwens arse after jc booted him out of the ground

BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 22:56   #60
Senior Member+

Did JC offer to get his admission fee refunded? I once remember him offering that to a heckler.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..