Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2013, 22:32   #31
Senior Member+

Re: I want to know ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Does anybody know who this gadgy is
I know him and his opines are as valid as any other Stanley fans, many probably agree with him

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-02-2013, 08:27   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
I know him and his opines are as valid as any other Stanley fans, many probably agree with him
not many come on here though
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 09:16   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
I know him and his opines are as valid as any other Stanley fans
Not when they are based on spurious claims such as knowing the opinions of all the players. Nor are his negative and overstated opines particularly helpful at a time when maximum support is needed for ALL at Accrington Stanley.

Quote:
many probably agree with him
That may be true - I happen to think that it isn't. I suspect that many more will acknowledge the difficulties faced by the present manager, and furthermore acknowledge that the decline began under the previous manager.
AccyMad, Redash, yonmon and 1 others like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 09:46   #34
Senior Member+

Hi guys,
Once again I said I was not referring to all the players.

Once again, this is not anti Leam.

Once again, blind loyalty and support wont change anything if the manager is not upto the job

Once again, I fully support the team and club, but 1 win in 16 is shocking and fans have a right to ask questions

Once again, I hope Leam proves me wrong but his track record says otherwise

Lets hope for 3 points on Saturday, we now run the risk of being cast adrift if we dont start picking up points
AsFc62 likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 09:50   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Hi guys,

Once again, blind loyalty and support wont change anything if the manager is not upto the job

Once again, I fully support the team and club, but 1 win in 16 is shocking and fans have a right to ask questions

Lets hope for 3 points on Saturday, we now run the risk of being cast adrift if we dont start picking up points
What your really saying is you hope Stanley get beat to prove your point
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 10:03   #36
Senior Member+

No, because the point has already been proven.
1 win in 16 games.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 10:49   #37
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Hi guys,

Once again - How will Stanley fund this revolution?
Old 22-02-2013, 11:07   #38
God Member

For those of us of a certain age, this and other threads are starting to sound very familiar
The Argument Sketch
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 11:17   #39
Senior Member+

Once again,how would you change it and finance the changes?.

Once again,are you blaming Leam and not the players ?
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 11:22   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
... if DAV007 and others calling for the dismissal of the manager will be there on Saturday giving 100% support to the players - and manager, and staff. Or will they be there - but outside the ground with their 'Richardson Out' placards? Come on - tell us please.
Like me ,I'm sure that you will have felt a little surprised RR that very few of our fellow-contributors to our Forum have actually thrown up their hands in horror at the realization that The Reds now occupy the next-to-last position in the entire Football League !.
Does this not suggest that apart from Dav and one or two others
, then the majority of the pundits who regale us with their opinions are more that satisfied with the Status Quo as far as Team Management is concerned ??.
If this is so, can we hope that those fans who don't venture onto the Forum share in this acceptance of LEAM , his tactics, methods and Team Selection, and that tomorrow afternoon WILL see the same level of support we have come to expect over the years ?.
Given the worst scenario, I am also sure that LEAM himself will know how his future is panned out, and will decide accordingly, and not at the whim of any of us !!

Keep the faith !!...
stanley convert likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 11:49   #41
Senior Member+

People who think this came from Paul Cook are seriously delerious!! Leam has now had plenty of time to grind out results with the team we have and has even added his own players!! My post is Anti LEAM as he's just not good enough and his tactics and management is taking the club down , simple as. The quicker he is gone from his position and replaced with an actual manager the better!

In a way I hope we loose on Saturday then the penny might drop for most of you and hopefully it will for the board ! In another way we really need the points or it's goodbye football league.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 12:08   #42
Full Member+

FC:Stanley if Leam went today what happens next. If you are offering the solution it needs to be complete. The board would need to a) pay off leam b) find a replacement (quickly) c) fund a replacement.

A) how?
B) who?
C) how?
Old 22-02-2013, 12:15   #43

It's sad that fans let personal vendettas cloud their judgement. Despite Coley being statistically the most successful manager this club will probably ever see, many disliked him and there were numerous threads on here calling for his head.

However because Leam is liked, because he is "a good lad" many deem him impervious to criticism. If Coley had lead us on a run like this most of you would be apoplectic with rage.

I said the following in the Exeter thread but I think it needs reiterating here:

"I think it's important to remember that we are not just suddenly turning on the team in a fickle display. True Stanley fans don't expect much in a league in which practically every opposition club dwarfs our budget, attendance etc.

However this isn't a five or six game losing streak. We understand the aforementioned problems our club faces and as such tolerate these more than other fans.

This is ONE win since the 20th November. That's ONE win in nearly three months.

Factor in that the manager has absolutely no attacking intent and it isn't rocket science where we are heading.

Also I don't buy this "they aren't Leams players" nonsense. Did he have no dialogue with Cook as his assistant then? Of the team last night Leam signed the following:

Rachubka ("gentleman's agreements" don't keep you in the league. Should have gone for Belford)

Hunt
Hughes
Wilson
Beattie

Aldred was on the bench.

Factor in that under Leam we have absolutely no attacking intent and I'm afraid we are Braintree bound and looking forward to FA Cup qualifiers next season barring a miracle.

I hope I am wrong and have to eat humble pie come the end of the season (is there horse meat in that too?). But at this moment in time.I feel like a deckchair attendant on the Titanic."

I don't post on here very often. Its taken me seven years to reach the 1000 post mark. I prefer to observe and only make a point when I feel I have something worth saying. Henceforth, this current situation worry me and I feel compelled to air my views regardless of how hard certain posters try and shout down anybody with an opinion.

I always thought we would be squeezed out of the league eventually and that our football league adventure would be one for the grand kids. But to see us sink without any semblance of grit, spirit and determination is demoralising to say the least.
Willie Miller likes this.
Old 22-02-2013, 12:33   #44
Senior Member+

Everyone is entitled to there opinion,but what frustrates me more than anything is its always the managers fault.
Over 40% of managers have been changed from the start of the season,are they all bad??.
In my opinion,a tradesman is only as good as his tools and a lot of managers struggle when they cant get the players they would like.
Simon Grayson has taken over at Huddersfield and lost there last two games conceeding ten goals,does that make him a bad manager or have the players struggled to take on board the way he sets his team up.
How can Cooky not shoulder some of the blame?,how many players did he come in for in January?,it answers itself.
Leam ran with these lads but soon realised we were way short on experience and has tried to respond to this.
Changing the manager, who will what his own players(coley at rochdale),will come at a cost,and the penny doesnt seem to have dropped for a lot of fans,WE DONT HAVE ANY !!
There are regular first teamers on less than most conference players,its a fact.
I for one dont want us to go down the road of living beyond our means,so survival and having the odd good season will do for me.
KTF
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 13:00   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19
Simon Grayson has taken over at Huddersfield
Simon Grayson's the Preston North End manager.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..