Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2013, 18:54   #61

Re: I want to know ....

I really can,t understand the arguement that Leam should be sacked and JC & JB be offered the role (1) they would still have the same squad to work with (2) they would still have the same financial constraints !!!!!!!!!!! plus Stanley,s/Leam,s problem to me is the lack of a striker to put the ball in the net.
At the end of the day we are all entitled to our own opinion and we could argue the toss all night long maybe saving our breath and getting behind the lads on Saturday would be a better use of energy, I know that some of the lads read this forum so what sort of message is it sending them ??????????
When it boils down to it with the SOS taxman issues and IK and PM stepping in at the 11th hour, JC and JB walking away and the less said about the snake the better Im just happy I have a team to support whatever league that may be in and if that means going to Hyde on a Tuesday night so be it.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-02-2013, 19:24   #62
Senior Member+

I could not agree more, supporting the team and manager on Saturday at 3pm should be the focus.
Come 5pm, and depending on the score and performance, the debate will continue over Leam's job suitability until we are safe from the non league.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 19:34   #63

Absolutely nothing wrong with good friendly banter as long as we ALL pull together towards the same (and pardon the pun) GOAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 20:06   #64
Full Member+

Amen to the last 2 posts
Old 22-02-2013, 20:13   #65

Been reading this thread, & others in a similar vein over last few days (weeks?)
Do any right minded fans really think a change of boss will affect our position at seasons end? No way!

Whether we like it or not, we have our current crop of players, whether they be defensive, midfield, or (lack of)attackers &they will all do their very best to ensure that Stanley stay in the league.... Not one of them wants a relegation on their CV.... Far better they fought for their team & avoided same.

''Keep the faith!''
Outback Ozzy and Greeny like this.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 21:40   #66
Senior Member+

In a more serious vein than some of the more flippant posts appearing in this thread !!

No leaf was left unturned or expense spared as the Reds secretly prepare for their game against Cheltenham Town ! ...'We thoroughly enjoyed the new Ball handling techniques ' said one exhausted but obviously stimulated striker.....

DaveinGermany likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 08:14   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
No leaf was left unturned or expense spared as the Reds secretly prepare for their game against Cheltenham Town !
Why is Leam wearing a skirt?
Redraine likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 09:02   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Looks like Luke Joyce to me !
Old 23-02-2013, 09:17   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Mike !..On the assumption that one of my more eccentric answers could very well land me in some sort of litigation....I am not going down that road !!...
But as my 'Song for the Stanley' is currently 'Always look on the bright side of life', that's what I intend to do !!....
What's more,
if it bears fruit I don't really mind what little number LEAM slips into to spice up those long hours of training tedium !!

Old 23-02-2013, 11:43   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
In a more serious vein than some of the more flippant posts appearing in this thread !!

No leaf was left unturned or expense spared as the Reds secretly prepare for their game against Cheltenham Town ! ...'We thoroughly enjoyed the new Ball handling techniques ' said one exhausted but obviously stimulated striker.....

Now I understand why our throw ins are so hopeless. Someone should tell the players to stand in front of the thrower.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2013, 14:00   #71
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Now I understand why our throw ins are so hopeless. Someone should tell the players to stand in front of the thrower.
RR !!....This cunning ploy is actually LEAM's Plan B where throw-ins are concerned...whilst not elevating the resultant throw from being entirely hopeless...it does cause opponents some disconcertment inasmuch as they 'can't see the whites of their eyes' and have to guess in which direction the ball is likely to travel !.
Thought with your impressive grasp of slightly underhand Soccer Tactics you might have spotted this....just goes to show I suppose.....

(ps...Medication's changed....and Alfred.E. has returned !)

Old 25-02-2013, 13:09   #72
God Member

From today's Telegraph

Stanley chairman: We have faith in boss Richardson (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Old 25-02-2013, 14:55   #73
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Great comments underneath, too! "Who are those guys?"
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2013, 17:09   #74
Senior Member+

I once asked a very successful manager,what was his secret,he replied,the ability to keep your nerve and composure when everyone around you are losing there heads!!!!,reading some of the previous posts,Leam deserves a knighthood,well done young man and all the fans who kept the faith
Redash and Greeny like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..