Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2013, 14:23   #46
Full Member+

Re: I want to know ....

Alvin like you I post rarely. I totally understand your point of view, and I have deliberately refrained from giving my opinion of Leam's tenure on this forum.

The point I am trying to make is that regardless if your opinion towards the current situation, if Leam is sacked then we will be left managerless and out of pocket. The board can't just say let's sack Leam and to he'll with the consequences.

I am not blindly sleepwalking into relegation but I have yet to see a well reasoned and workable alternative be proposed.
stanley convert likes this.
Old 22-02-2013, 14:57   #47
God Member

There is no guarantee any change of manager would avoid relegation. If a new manager came in and still went down Leam would get the blame.

To compare Leam to Coley is totally unfair. Remember the budget Coley had, borrowed money. Leam has had to operate within much tighter budget controls, you can only bring players in according to the budget available. I'm suprised sometimes they can even afford proffesional players.
Old 22-02-2013, 15:25   #48
Senior Member+

Sorry Yerself you know I meant Robins !,Lancsdave seems to be the sensible one here,it's about money,simple !,
I would to know the difference of what Leam is paid to what John and jimmy were on,I suspect there is a massive difference.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 15:58   #49
God Member

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion - it's what football's all about - but I cannot believe that anyone would post on here that they hope we will lose tomorrow! Where the hell is the logic in that opinion?
norwich stanley likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 16:01   #50

So because a manager earns less that entitles them to be inadequate?

For example Southport have one of the smallest budgets in the Conference and are also part time, yet Liam Watson manages to make them compete adequately enough.

I'm sure Peter Marsden and co would rather take the hit of Leam's compensation then miss out on the riches of the Football League, TV money, Carling Cup and automatic FA Cup proper qualification.

Money or no money one win in sixteen is poor going. Aldershot have cast their dice by replacing their manager and it would seem we've cast ours on Leam. Let's hope this board are good gamblers.....

It's not so much the run that's the problem....It's the manner of the performances. I don't care what level we play at as long as I can be proud that the men in red representing my home town have put a shift in.

When you see an obese James Beattie trotting about supported by players who cannot be bothered to put a tackle in it's demoralising.

Let's get physical....let's roll our sleeves up and make teams remember why the Crown used to be such a culture shock. It took 44 years to get back to the promised land and this crop are letting it go far too easily.
fc:stanley and DAV007 like this.
Old 22-02-2013, 16:04   #51
Senior Member+

Let's face it. Stanley have been living beyond their means for years. Coley was bank-rolled for much of his tenure and it all caught up with the club just a few years ago.

We now have to live within our means and with very little support from the town, we have to find a level where we can continue to exist. We've had 7 years[ish] where the growth of support has been virtually non-existent and income levels suffered accordingly. I don't think any of us can be surprised at our current predicament.

To blame one man seems very naive and silly.
Old 22-02-2013, 16:09   #52

Time for this.....

Hopefully not this.......

Old 22-02-2013, 16:38   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
FC:Stanley if Leam went today what happens next. If you are offering the solution it needs to be complete. The board would need to a) pay off leam b) find a replacement (quickly) c) fund a replacement.

A) how?
B) who?
C) how?

One again, if Leam was honest with himself; he would look at the results, accept he is the wrong man for the job and resign.
He needs to lose his pride and do the right thing for the club before he loses our football league status.

Once again, its better to lose a penny than a pound, sacking Leam is our best chance of avoiding relegation.
A small pay off (if neccessary) vs another year in the football league.
I know which one makes economic sense.

Coleman and Bell are out of work, you can offer them what we can afford, they can take it or leave it, its not as if they are in a position of strength being unemployed.
Plus im sure they would love the chance of keeping their beloved Stanley in the league, and I for one have full confidence they would do it.

The board also need to take some blame for appointing Leam, their man has failed, and they have sat on their hands blindly allowing the club to creep into relegation.
Poor leadership.
Well done to the Aldershot for at least twisting and trying to mix it up, Accringtons board are happy to stick despite having a hand they know is bust.

Yes, we all want 3 points tommorrow, but with Leam at the helm, it looks as unlikely as ever.

Its been one big failure, and people instead on this forum have blamed Cook, Coleman, referee's, opposition teams, players, fans for asking questions, etc instead of the men making the decisions.

Or is ignoring the facts the 'stanley way' as someone put it?

Leam and the board, please look in the mirror.
1 win in 16.
Its diabolical.

Last edited by DAV007; 22-02-2013 at 16:40.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 16:41   #54
Senior Member+

Ilyas, fancy buying us a striker?
DAV007 likes this.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 16:43   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Ilyas, fancy buying us a striker?
Iylas, fancy buying us a manager?
Old 22-02-2013, 17:28   #56

are you joe hinnigan in desguise dav007
DAV007 likes this.
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 17:35   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddevil2006 View Post
are you joe hinnigan in desguise dav007
what do you think?
Old 22-02-2013, 17:45   #58
Senior Member+

Davo,I genuinely believe you want the best for the team,and the changing of the manager debate will rage on.
What I do disagree with you on is the determine and desire to do well by the players for Leam and the back room staff.
The sessions they put on are as good if not better than previous regimes,the tactics are fully endorsed by the players and the mood is good.
The players simply haven't delivered this season.
They know they are in a battle now,and are well up for it.
Once they cross the white line,Leams hands are tied to a certain extent,even coley in his last season spent most of the time with his arms folded!!
I will put my head on the block and say that this season the squad isn't as competitive as last year,but there are signs over the last few weeks they are gelling together.
That's why I have asked numerous times what Leam could have done differently ?,as I am just as frustrated as the next fan.
There are a lot of points to play for ,so for me it's on Stanley on !!
Redash and DAV007 like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2013, 17:58   #59
Full Member+

Dav007 if it were a simple equation of penny vs pound and a new manager definitely equated to staying up then I'd be inclined to agree. But it's not that clear cut. We could lose the penny AND the pound. This club may not be able to afford to gamble in the way you suggest.
Old 22-02-2013, 18:32   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeast View Post
Dav007 if it were a simple equation of penny vs pound and a new manager definitely equated to staying up then I'd be inclined to agree. But it's not that clear cut. We could lose the penny AND the pound. This club may not be able to afford to gamble in the way you suggest.
don't think its a case of not being able to afford, plain and simple they can't
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..