Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2009, 17:45   #151
K-P

Re: Ilyas speaks .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
[however you dont half set the cat amongst the pidgeons at times on here (which you clearly enjoy btw!), but surely even an old cinic like yourself (sic) would like to know whats going on?
messageboard wouldnt be any fun at all for me if i didnt... every post I make is designed to get a reaction

I dont care too much about the behind the scenes stuff as all the possibilities dont amount to millions in the bank for players... personally i would prefer Ilyas to own the club.. he has been around a long time (not calling him old.. you know what i mean) and has proved IMHO what he says about his money and the club.. his interest is the club.. not making money.. just making the club what it should be.. but i cant effect that so...

To be perfectly honest i have the same worry about the club as I have had for the last few months... why no seats in the clayton end yet? 8 working days left then we are out of the league if not finished

Also if you where thinking of investing in the club wouldnt you wait until the seats are in and we have the all clear for next season before you commited?

BTW Pete you amde the question a nice bright colour.. but didnt answer it
Old 20-04-2009, 17:54   #152
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
So what exactly does everyuone want to happen that can keep everyone happy?[/quote]

Just over a fortnight ago, Eric was quoted in the local press saying that another un named bidder had come forward with an offer, I for one would welcome finding out who that may be(however I somehow doubt we will!), or at the very least an update on progress,if any,made.

As I stated in my post, it would be good to go into the closed season knowing where the club stands,re ownership, and a rough idea of what the future holds.

These two points would make me happy!
Quote:
BTW Pete you amde the question a nice bright colour.. but didnt answer it
Just incase you missed it first time!!!

As for the rest of your post, you and I are definatley singing from the same hymn book, I too would love for Ilyas to step in, however thats not going to happen for the reasons stated by the Man himself, and all credit to Him for being so open about it.............but we can dream cant we!!?

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk

Last edited by ukcowboy; 20-04-2009 at 17:58.
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 17:58   #153
God Member

Smile Re: Ilyas speaks .....

Quote:

As for the rest of your post, you and I are definatley singing from the same hymn book, I too would love for Ilyas to step in, however thats not going to happen for the reasons stated by the Man himself, and all credit to Him for being so open about it.............but we can dream cant we!!?
I thought that the second person was Ilyas ???? If it isn't then?????

K-P, over to you..

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 18:07   #154
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
I thought that the second person was Ilyas ???? If it isn't then?????

K-P, over to you..
But Ilyas says he doesnt want to buy the club.. so it cant be him..
Old 20-04-2009, 18:07   #155
God Member

Quote:
Currently - Eric own the club
If plan A goes ahead - David owns the club

If a reissue of shares is made as per Ilyas idea (and he buys 200k without buying ownership or the majority).. He says he doesnt want to own the club and happy for david to run it... But that means Eric still owns the club and he no longer wishes that to be the case.

1) Eric wants to sell so doesnt want to own the club

2) Ilyas has stated quite clearly that he doesn't want to own or run the club

3) David seems to be the only one who wants to own it (Although I would ahve it if they are giving it away)

So what exactly does everyuone want to happen that can keep everyone happy?

Is the statement "I do not want to own the club" not just to not put people's noses out of place i.e. The D ON ? Could it not mean - at the end of the day I (I K) want what is best for the club, that said if it means D ON incharge and me behind the scenes. Surlely he would not mind owning the club if that was the best thing for Stanley... Just a thought.........

Old 20-04-2009, 18:08   #156
K-P

Quote:
I meant what could ahppen to keep the three main parties happy.. Eric, David and Ilyas... Not you!

PS ..Not that your happiness doesnt mean a lot to me of course.... oh hum
Old 20-04-2009, 18:09   #157
K-P

Quote:
Is the statement "I do not want to own the club" not just to not put people's noses out of place i.e. The D ON ? Could it not mean - at the end of the day I (I K) want what is best for the club, that said if it means D ON incharge and me behind the scenes. Surlely he would not mind owning the club if that was the best thing for Stanley... Just a thought.........

Ask him ........he doesnt bite
Old 20-04-2009, 18:13   #158
God Member

Wink Re: Ilyas speaks .....

Quote:
But Ilyas says he doesnt want to buy the club.. so it cant be him..
The statement as I remember it from E W on the tv was :- Just had a text from somebody saying "Do not do anything until you have spoken to me" does not mean they wanted to buy! But, maybe just wanted to invest in the club in some way.....

Apologies in advance if i've got it wrong, but thought that what he said.....

Old 20-04-2009, 18:15   #159
K-P

Quote:
The statement as I remember it from E W on the tv was
You might want to mention that when asking the questions.. you presume I watched that.. I didnt.. I am guessing others didnt and others did..
Old 20-04-2009, 18:15   #160
God Member

Quote:
Ask him ........he doesnt bite
Why did I not think of that?????

Old 20-04-2009, 18:18   #161
Senior Member+

Two things am worried about

1. Longer this take-over takes to complete - More time other clubs have a chance to come in and offer contracts to the likes of Edwards/Kenny/Jimmy/Procter/Turner. I for one would be unhappy if this happened as we would get no cash for them and we have got a good team to build on this year.

2. How it seems the club are ignoring someone who wants to invest money into the club and has openly said he will put £200k in! Surely £200k is better than nothing, They could atleast reply to his letters even by email, only takes a few seconds.

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 18:22   #162
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
Two things am worried about

1. Longer this take-over takes to complete - More time other clubs have a chance to come in and offer contracts to the likes of Edwards/Kenny/Jimmy/Procter/Turner. I for one would be unhappy if this happened as we would get no cash for them and we have got a good team to build on this year.

2. How it seems the club are ignoring someone who wants to invest money into the club and has openly said he will put £200k in! Surely £200k is better than nothing, They could atleast reply to his letters even by email, only takes a few seconds.
i'm with you on this, but not worried, DISGUSTED.
Old 20-04-2009, 19:17   #163
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
It's my understanding that as long as we offer the players new contracts, we are owed compensation if they decide to join another club.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 19:19   #164
God Member

I thought that Ilyas had said that although he didn't particularly want to own the club, he would step in if The Do'ns bid failed?

IMHO the best bet would be for The Do'n to carry on and then for Ilyas to buy up everything else and become 2nd majority shareholder. At that point they should both sit down and thrash out a five year plan as to what they both want from the club and how best to acheive that. Once that is finalised then it's time for an open and honest (start as you mean to go on?) public forum as to how best to move forward. Involve the various Supporters Groups and we can all work together towards specific goals.
Old 20-04-2009, 19:24   #165
God Member

Khan would be prepared to purchase Whalley’s shares if a satisfactory deal fails to occur, saying: “If David has not got the money, or has lost the bottle – then I will step up.”

Lancashire Telegraph interview, link on page 1 of this thread.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..