Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2009, 01:29   #226
Senior Member+

Re: Ilyas speaks .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Is anyone else seriously worried about the seemingly fragile existence of our club?
This thread is two months old now, and nothing from the club, how many people have passed caring in that time?

Like the club, words fail me.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-05-2009, 07:47   #227
God Member

Smile Re: Ilyas speaks .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Firstly, Congrats Ilyas on the 'fun run'............tho I do question the 'fun' part!

Secondly,I still cant believe that the Club is STILL not responding to your letters, it is nothing short of scadalous (SP).

Thirdly, shaker I am thinking along the same lines as you bud

Lastly,we all know that the club DO read this message board, so to Messer's Whalley,O'Neil, and the rest of the board isnt it time you all took your heads out of the sand and TALK to the Man who is offering to help? Also, if the much reported takeover is dead then have the bollocks to say so, if its not then for gods sake get it bloody sorted ASAP!.....................yeah ok I know Im dreaming!

At this moment........

Lets wait and see - for a reply or update

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2009, 07:52   #228
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Is anyone else seriously worried about the seemingly fragile existence of our club?
in a word shaker YES.
Old 28-05-2009, 08:25   #229
Resting in Peace

It's time for the local media, or at least the Accy Ob, to be a lot more proactive in airing the fan's worries on this shambles, not just repeating the club's worthless platitudes on the subject. I heard Rob on radio Lancashire yesterday welcoming the Claret's promotion and insisting it would be good for Stanley. Not a word from him or the interviewer about the state of limbo which exists or the fact that no new contracts have been signed. Why the conspiracy of silence on all fronts?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2009, 14:46   #230
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Yes and the longer this takeover saga goes on I'm begining to think it was all a sham and O'Neill was never in a position to become the new chairman, maybe it was one of Erics ideas to generate interest from someone else we know into making an offer, it would be in Erics interests to do that.

Sue me

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2009, 16:06   #231
Member.

Wage cuts….the manager not being able to buy in the men he wants…selling off player assets….alleged debts, **** me 1962 all over again.

Accrington Stanley can not be allowed to sink into the ****e again Eric, if you want out go….don’t **** about any more. People need to know what’s happening, people need to know if the pride and soul of the football in Accrington is destine to die all over again or raise the standard and move forward.

Talk to us now, either of you.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2009, 16:37   #232
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
It's time for the local media, or at least the Accy Ob, to be a lot more proactive in airing the fan's worries on this shambles, not just repeating the club's worthless platitudes on the subject.
I just cannot believe how useless the local media are. You are quite correct - all that they do is repeat useless platitudes from the club. Do they not have investigative journalists? Are they afraid? Or are they afflicted by the same inertia that grips the club?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2009, 17:20   #233
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I just cannot believe how useless the local media are. You are quite correct - all that they do is repeat useless platitudes from the club. Do they not have investigative journalists? Are they afraid? Or are they afflicted by the same inertia that grips the club?
All you have to do is ask you might be surprised but if I were you I'd try the Telegraph first, remember the recent end of season "double booking"?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 28-05-2009, 21:26   #234
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
All you have to do is ask you might be surprised but if I were you I'd try the Telegraph first, remember the recent end of season "double booking"?
Sorry - you've lost me with that reply!
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2009, 21:52   #235
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Sorry - you've lost me with that reply!
I think Baggy means that the Telegraph would probably follow up a request to look into the real goings on at the club as they did re the supporters club double booking I believe.

Baggy will no doubt put me right if not.................please

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 11:57   #236
Senior Member+

Latest from club at end of this article Accrington Stanley keen on striker Carlton (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Old 29-05-2009, 12:14   #237
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post

Thanks Oggy............... now should we all hold our collective breaths?...................Err no!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2009, 12:44   #238
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
I think Baggy means that the Telegraph would probably follow up a request to look into the real goings on at the club as they did re the supporters club double booking I believe.
That's it, cheers

Old 29-05-2009, 12:47   #239
Super Moderator

"It should be a couple of weeks!"
Old 29-05-2009, 13:39   #240
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
"It should be a couple of weeks!"
Yes,that's what I thought!

Now it's looking like June 10th!

High Court threat to Accrington Stanley over £300k debt (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..