Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2009, 19:38   #166
God Member

Smile Re: Ilyas speaks .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I thought that Ilyas had said that although he didn't particularly want to own the club, he would step in if The Do'ns bid failed?

IMHO the best bet would be for The Do'n to carry on and then for Ilyas to buy up everything else and become 2nd majority shareholder. At that point they should both sit down and thrash out a five year plan as to what they both want from the club and how best to acheive that. Once that is finalised then it's time for an open and honest (start as you mean to go on?) public forum as to how best to move forward. Involve the various Supporters Groups and we can all work together towards specific goals.
Good post Macca , common sense prevailing...

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-04-2009, 19:40   #167
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
It's my understanding that as long as we offer the players new contracts, we are owed compensation if they decide to join another club.
Surely that can't be right because what if the players do not agree with it i would of thought they would have to sign before we get compensation
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 19:45   #168
God Member

Re: Ilyas speaks .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
Surely that can't be right because what if the players do not agree with it i would of thought they would have to sign before we get compensation
What would the players disagree with?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 20:03   #169
God Member

Smile Re: Ilyas speaks .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
What would the players disagree with?
Terms and conditions, i.e. wages for one. Plus Rob Heys has said there will be a new pay structure in place next season, less wage but bigger bonuses, but how big if we do not know how much money???? But I do think it strange that we only have to offer a contract, but stranger things do happen

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 20:38   #170
God Member

It doesn't matter if the players reject the contract.
As long as we offer the players new contracts, the club is due compensation if the players decide to join another club.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 20:44   #171
Senior Member+

Theres already agents etc sniffing round a player! (Hes told me himself and their agents front high clubs!).
We need to get are best players singed up, immediately! Its as simple as that!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 09:52   #172
Resting In Peace

If the Club doesn't hurry up and lodge their accounts and Annual Return there will not be a Company to sell. The Accounts were due to be lodged at Companies House on 31st March and are now marked 'overdue' and the Annual Return was due to be lodged on 14th December 2008 and is now marked 'overdue'. The Company is now marked as 'Proposal to strike off'
WebCHeck - Select and Access Company Information
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 11:14   #173

I have received a fair number of private emails in addition to the questions and queries being pondered in this forum. Since some of the private questions are not only similar to each other (as well as being similar to questions posed on teh forum), but also from people in this forum, I thought it would save time (as well continuing the practice of transparency) if I replied in this manner.

1. I do not know who Mr Whalley was referring to when he said there was another buyer of his shares. On the basis of everything that I am aware of, I do not think there is another buyer. I have no factual evidence to explain why Mr Whalley made those claims.

2. I do not know the status of Mr O'Neil's offer to buy Mr Whalley's shares.

3. I remain prepared and willing (and able) to invest £200,000 into the club. I stress, here, that I am not interested in buying anyone's shares, but in putting money into the club where it is needed.

4. Yesterday evening (by which I mean Monday April 20th) I sent a follow up letter to the club and all the directors. I reminded them that I had not yet recieved any reply to my earlier correspondence. I also repeated my offer to invest cash into the club. In addition, I have asked the club to clarify its financial position with respect to its major creditors. Specifically I have asked, as a shareholder, for information on exactly how much money is also needed by the club to pay for essential capital expenditure (for example the seating).

5. I am very much aware of the delay in the filing of the accounts. This is a serious matter, and symptomatic of the various issues that the board of directors seem to be facing. I have no real sense of the reasons for the delay, nor of the remedial action that has to be taken in order to ensure that the club does not face any problems.

6. I wish I had the expertise to "own and run" the club. But I dont. I am painfully aware that in clubs such as ASFC, the Chairman needs to be very much a hands on executive. However, whilst I have no ability or ambition to run the club, I do understand and accept that if the situation demands, then I may need to take up a more significant equity position but work with someone else who could be the equivalent of Mr. Whalley (assuming he is no longer involved). The problem with this line of thought is that it becomes entirely speculative, with too many "ifs" and "buts" to have any sensible bearing. I therefore hope you will all understand if I cant say more. Its not that I dont want to say more, its just that the questions become so hypothetical that they can easily be misunderstood - which is not in anyone's interests.

I close with two points. Firstly that Mr Whalley is still the Chairman and majority shareholder. All decisions at the club have been his, and remain his until we hear otherwise. Related to this point, I wish Mr O Neil the best of luck in buying Mr Whalley's shares, and have no interest or opinion on that transaction.

Secondly, my interests are focused on the club, and exclusively so. I share the disquiet that many of you feel about the events of the past few months.

As always, any opinions expressed here are only mine, and mine alone. If I am wrong, or have offended someone, please accept my apology. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you wish to clarify any point or take issue with anything I say.

Ilyas
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2009, 11:24   #174
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Well put Ilyas and thank you for your imput,welcome as always
Old 21-04-2009, 11:28   #175
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Well put Ilyas and thank you for your imput,welcome as always
agreed n i regard that simple fact the club has not responded to ilyas as n insult to a shareholder also to the ordinary fan. as i said before, talking costs nowt.
Old 28-04-2009, 12:00   #176
Senior Member+

Stanley still keen on Khan

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 12:27   #177
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
Makes for an interesting read MCR, but I find myself questioning,rightly or wrongly, the 'truth' behind this. I would rather hear it from the Man Himself as we all know that transparency is not a strong point at ASFC atm!

I still dont understand why Eric WONT meet with the Guy, surely there has to be some common ground which can bring them together for the good of the club?

Untill this unseemly mess is sorted then how can the club sort out contracts for the players etc...........I cant see how they can, which leaves us in a position whereby those out of contract can just move on.........slightly worrying dont you think?

Of course I could be completely wrong and things are'nt as bad as they seem...............Oh how I hope so!!

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 12:34   #178

Yes I agree U.K. Rob Heys does say in todays L.E.T. that he has spoken to Iiyas several times in the past three weeks. I hope that Ilyas backs up or refutes the story, as there is a lack of transparency in the club.
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2009, 12:40   #179
Super Moderator

Agreed, I'd really like to hear Ilyas's take on this...Really hope he does get involved, though!
Old 28-04-2009, 12:53   #180

Hello there chaps. My attention was drawn to the comments made in the past hour or so, and having read the posts (thank you again for all the comments), I think its easier to respond so that you can all see the same message at the same time.

So, first of all, here is a run down of communication:

Its now been a week since I sent my second letter. I have not had a reply from the club to either my first or my second letter.

You should be aware that Mr O Neil sent me an email on April 3rd, but that did not cover any ground that is relevant to my offer to invest in the club. He asked and implied that the contents of his message remain private, so I will respect that request, but I can assure you that the email did not shed any light on things that actually matter - ie the financing of the club's day to day activities or its position with creditors. I replied to Mr O'Neil, who said he would "get back to me", but that has not yet happened.

Separate to that I have spoken to Rob (he is correct in this regard), on two occasions on the phone, but these conversations have all been about my confirming that I have written to the club, and asking for a formal reply. Rob has, on two separate occasions, confirmed that "they" will "get back to me", but as we all know, Rob is not a decision maker, and can only follow orders. So it is true that Rob has spoken to me, but I must be very honest and say that it (the conversation) was entirely administrative in the first occasion, and somewhat repetitive on the second occasion.

If the Club refuses to reply, then I do have the option of asking for a shareholder's meeting. This alternative, which is quite formal and legalistic, is a last resort. At this point I have assumed that Mr Whalley will, at some point, complete the sale of his shares to Mr O'Neil, and that might be the trigger for a more meaningful development.

I am very conscious that in sending this reply I am answering the questions rather mechanically, and probably not addressing the real issue of "what is going on ?"

If I knew, for sure, and could confirm or corroborate facts, then I would post a longer detailed reply that might address that question. At this point I have quite a few opinions, some of them probably close to the truth, but if I were to post them or comment on them, I would be doing you all a dis-service by being speculative.

If I have missed anything in this post, then please say so, either on the forum, or by contacting me directly.

Ilyas
(currently in London)
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..