Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-01-2007, 13:04   #1

I'm sorry but............

Not sure if it's worth posting, because I'm sure that I'll get grief, however I need to express my thoughts!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
<o></o>
What has been achieved will shortly be confined to history and no doubt will be the subject of a Granada documentary, sometime in the near future. IMHO we are currently on the crest of the second demise of the Stanley!<o></o>
<o></o>
Through ignorance, arrogance and down right incompetence the Chairman and manager are returning this club to non-league obscurity.<o></o>
<o></o>
Don't blame the fans who stand in the rain, don't blame the sponsors, who pay ridiculous sums of money for poor facilities, don't blame the directors, who are nothing more the mere token representatives of club, don't blame the council and don't blame the press.<o></o>
<o></o>
We have failed to seize commercial advantage of heritage by fully exploiting the name of Accrington Stanley. This in turn with poor marketing and facilities leaves the population of Accrington at home, with nothing more the curiosity as to the Stanley results on Saturday teatime. <o></o>
<o></o>
Our talented players have been sold and not replaced, nor will they be if Asda offers better T&C’s.<o></o>
<o></o>
One piece of advice to the powers at be!……Accept mistakes have been made, allow other people to assist and advice, make changes immediately to resolve our current status, otherwise All the efforts of so MANY people will count for nothing, other than history!!<o></o>
<o></o>
Mr. Whalley and Mr. Coleman have taken the applause and the accolades, well it's now time to stand-up and be accountable, take the criticism and do something about it!!<o></o>
<o></o>
God bless the name of Accrington Stanley!<o></o>
Amen<o></o>
Old 14-01-2007, 13:31   #2
God Member

Re: I'm sorry but............

your probably right but at least we might get a roof out of it not holding my breath
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 13:47   #3
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Redskin IMHO you have just produced the post of the year so far, cheers for having the balls to do so while certain other supporters bury their heads until it's to late.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 21:30   #4
Senior Member+

Amen to that Bagpuss - keep on preaching Redskin

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 22:11   #5
Senior Member+

Wrong

Without JC we'd be still playing FRICKLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2007, 23:12   #6
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Wrong

Without JC we'd be still playing FRICKLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take off the blinkers and read the post again it does have good points that should be taken on board.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 00:04   #7

A lot of the critisicism is utter rubbish to be honest. People make it out like Whalley could've made shedloads with some proper merchandising etc

He has two other shops, one of which brings in tourists from far and wide, selling Accrington Stanley gear. To merchandise properly, you'd have to put money into it, and money is one thing we'll never really have. Just because we've sold a couple of players, people suddenly think we're loaded and Eric is being a skin flint, he's not, he's just being careful.

God Bless Eric,cart on with what you're doing, and to be honest, just ignore most of the bollocks that gets posted on here.

And as for Coleman, the man is a God, he lives and breathes Accrington Stanley, he's never steered the club wrong before, and I don't think he'll do it now.

I wasn't at the Notts Home Game, so can't comment on the performance. I was however at the Wrtexham game, and if we can emulate that perfomance a few more times, we'll be reet as rain.

We'll stay up, and people will moan about other things next seaon.

I mean, what did you expect when we won promotion on gates of less than 2k? Did you think we'd bulldoze the league? Just be realistic, this is the situation anybody thinking straight would've predicted.

If we go down, so what? At least we've done what people thought impossible by getting here in the first place.

I'm sure somebody will tell me I've got my head buried in the sand or something along those lines, but I couldn't care less. Get behind the Club, don't try tripping them up with critisism at every given oppurtunity.

Rant over

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 00:38   #8

well said diesel
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 05:26   #9

IF we are relegated, that doesn't mean to obscurity of non league. It means back to the conference where we can sort out the team and try to come back again stronger...

Why moan about JC and EW. We owe them gratitude for being in the league right now.

KEEP THE FAITH!!!
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 08:39   #10
Resting In Peace

Have you ever thought that some people can only do so much before they are out of their depth ? Maybe EW and JC are now out of their depth. EW said that his ambition was to get Stanley into the league and then hand over control to someone else. Well he has got Stanley into the league but not handed over control. What is his next move - get Stanley back into the Conference ? We all know what EW and JC have done for the club but that is in the past, we are now in the present and looking to the future. The club will not have a future if people keep bringing the past into the present. Some of you say "so what if we get relegated". Look at the teams that have been relegated, Scarborough - where are they ? Rushden & Diamonds - where are they ? Cambridge - where are they ? These teams are not on their way back. If Stanley go down again it will be Stanley ? Who are they ? We are a Football League club and if we don't get our act together and behave like a Football League club we are off to obscurity, then you can all enjoy yourselves at Frickley again. Wake up and behave like supporters of a Football League club and worry about getting relegated. IT DOES MATTER.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 09:15   #11

Jeff,

I'm a supporter of Accrington Stanley. Not just a league club.
It's great that we're in the league but it's not the end of the world if we get relegated.

I'm struggling to be overly optimistic right now but I certainly don't think we'll drop into obscurity whatever happens this season.

I think too many people are blaming Coley for our troubles when the fact of the matter is that our budget isn't really enough to support a league side.

This will all change of course when I become the record breaking lottery winner!!!
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 09:29   #12
Senior Member+

But we MUST look forward.

OK, it's not the end of the world if we are relegated - but it is a huge setback. What of the future if we are relegated? Do we then strive to back into League 2, struggle on and off the field (low attendance, poor results etc etc), accept relegation again. We are then in a cycle from which there is no exit.

The situation now is that we are in the League - and must do all that we can to stay there. We must continue to be ambitious - and, in reality, that means looking ahead - not back. At every level in the club, we need individuals and systems that look forward and can take us forward.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 09:31   #13
Resting In Peace

Growler,

I am a supporter of Accrington Stanley. Not a laughing stock. Which is what we will become if we get relegated. Why do you keep saying "it's not the end of the world if we get relegated" ? I bet supporters of Boston, Mansfield, Macclesfield, Torquay, etc. don't have that attitude. Of course it's the end of the world if we get relegated, it's the end of the world as we know it now. We don't want to get relegated we want to stay where we are, by hook or by crook. Stop laying down and accepting defeat.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2007, 10:38   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Why do you keep saying "it's not the end of the world if we get relegated" ?
Got to admit I am getting sick of seeing that.. even moreso from some people I would least expect it from... and from people who maybe shouldn't say it no matter what given there positions and from people who have waited a lot longer than I have to be here..

I know some say it was more fun in non league and for me it certainly was... But I wouldn't wish it back on us.. I think staying in this league will be as big an achievement as getting here and it will take a massive effort from ALL of us.. lets not be defeated with 20 games to go eh
Old 15-01-2007, 11:49   #15
God Member

HERE HERE, I must admist I am one of those that isn't too bothered about if we have to go down. The other teams mentioned would be going down to a level they are not accustomed to and cannot afford to be at, that is why teams struggle to return. We however would not have to cut much cloth in order to save a few quid, we would be in a much stronger position than most who go down.

However I would obviously rather be a league club, 57 points to play for yet and it aint over. Come on you reds

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..