Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2011, 22:30   #166
God Member

Re: Macclesfield Thread

Have to agree with Joe on most points

We did look tired and out of sorts but Macc had clerarly done their homework closing down quickly and countering quickly.

We tended to go nowhere playing it out wide and as fast as we got it there it came straight back

Great credit to their number 23 everything went through him and the number of times he hung in the air around the stanley area we lost count of.

With fifteen minutes to go we would have gladly taken a draw but oce we scored the chests puffed out and we started to create better openings and belief seemed to flow through the side once more.

Gutted at the end to lose a goal in the manner we did but again 7 points out of 9 is a good haul.

Good Away Following

Again following on Joe's comments thought Jimmy in paticular looked tired and not his usual high tempo game maybe Rayzor would have sparked us earlier?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 08-04-2011 at 22:33.
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-04-2011, 22:42   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Not one of our best games!!! Looked tired and at times just looked like they had not played together in weeks!!!!

Though we had 3 great chances in the first half, Macc deserved their half time lead.

We did not get better at the start of the second half, but the move that led to Procs' goal was great and what a strike!!!!!

Then we started to play and when Sunbeds slotted home there was only one winner, but a lapse in concentration cost us.

A point was fair, maybe the wake up call we need????

Atmos was FANtastic and when Sunbeds scored it was electric!!!!

It is another point gained and we must focus and re-group for Oxford!!

Substitutes and squads, are there for a reason!!!!!!
That last quote might just be Stanley's achilies heel. With 15 minutes to go, I'd have settled for a point, at the end, I'm dissapointed and 3 points where needed tonight if promotion is to be achieved.

No one can knock Coley's achievement this season but i wish some of the "fresh" players could get a bit of a run. How many minutes has Putterill played this year? What's happened to Andy Parkinson? How much has Kevin Longs, 40 odd minutes since january cost? Surely some of these unused players are getting a bit peed off by now.

Probably the wrong time to be grumbling, but If Stanley don't make it, i expect quite a few first team players to be poached. Perhaps the thought of getting paid on pay day might tempt them away. This is THE TIME to use the squad to gain promotion and garauntee the clubs future next season with big gates against the likes of Southampton, Charlton , Sheff Wed and more than likely, PNE.
Larry Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 22:57   #168
God Member

I'm not going away again (not till a party is deffo on the cards as in points) it's too jinxing, we were knackered tbh and coley should of used his subs for the flagging players particulary midfield. Disappointed even tho id of settled for a draw at h/t cos we were so close and 3 mins over n out. The ref was a complete banker why he's fit to wear black puzzles me and that's the polite version!!!

Was accy quiet tonite? credit where credits due to the volume of our support it's was like home but worser than our place lol our team couldn't of asked for better support away from home!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 22:57   #169
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

agree wi joe, though the goal just before half time should have stood, came off a defender so how offside? answer= crap ref, Maccs equaliser looked offside to us, players looked knackered first half, pity Coley can't get the hang of substitutes one of the few times stanley played it on floor first half, produced the disallowed goal. overall 1 pt away will do, shame though, could have been all 3.
Old 08-04-2011, 23:04   #170

Crap ref tonight everything seemed to go Maccs way,no way was stanley,s disallowed goal offside if that had stood it could have changed the game.
To be fair Macc played us off the field for most of the game tonight so on reflection I,m happy with a point and let,s see what happens tomorrow with the teams around us.
And last but not least got to say what a fantastic turn out from the stanley fans (460 from an inside source) singing never stopped well done.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 23:10   #171
Resting in Peace

Coley said before the game that we wouldn't be bossed by their big players as we would keep possession away from them. So what did we do? Hoof the ball in the air for most of the first half! Macc did a Stanley on us and chased, harried and defended from the front to deny us time on the ball. In the second half we got our passing game going at last, but after going ahead we hoofed possession away against the 10 men in the final seconds, Jacobsen attempting a ridiculous, over-hit cross field pass when he should have turned and played it along the back line. 2 points thrown away, although were honestly flattered by the score at 1-2. Joyce, Proccy and Gornell were the pick for me. I had better not mention my special bete-noir though, missing 3 good chances and giving the ball away like there was no tomorrow as usual.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 23:30   #172
God Member

Unlucky tonight. In response to cashy's comment re offside, if the attacking player is forward of the last defender when the ball is TOUCHED forward, then he becomes offside regardless of whether the ball hits an opposing defender or not. This is what I was taught when doing my ref training, lancsdave however has way more experience than I and may be able to clarify better.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 00:30   #173
Senior Member+

fellas just checked the tables and we're in the play offs would have taken that in august wouldn't you???
Old 09-04-2011, 02:31   #174
Senior Member+

Only if he plays the ball UK {or seriously interferes with play**.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:42   #175
Full Member+

Think I need to change my name to Mr. Jinx. Not had a 5 pointer in the prediction league all season and had us down for a 2-1 win aaaaaargh! Seriously though, I think most of us would have taken 7 points out of the last nine. Let's hope Lincoln and others can do us a favour.
teach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:56   #176
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
agree wi joe, though the goal just before half time should have stood, came off a defender so how offside? answer= crap ref, Maccs equaliser looked offside to us, players .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Unlucky tonight. In response to cashy's comment re offside, if the attacking player is forward of the last defender when the ball is TOUCHED forward, then he becomes offside regardless of whether the ball hits an opposing defender or not. This is what I was taught when doing my ref training, lancsdave however has way more experience than I and may be able to clarify better.
Does experience counteract memory though ?

I think the interpretation of the law changed a few years ago. In the days when I was reffing if the ball touched a defender then it was deemed as being played by the defender. I think nowadays the ball has to be 'played' by a defender, therefore delibarate.

If you think about the same situation when a forward hits the ball, it takes a slight deflection and goes in to the net, 99 times out of 100 the goal is credited to the forward, if you applied the 'defender touched the ball' scenario to that then they should all be own goals.

Too quick for me to notice last night so will have to wait for the video evidence.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:59   #177
Resting in Peace

Fair report from Macc, who insist it shouldn't have been a pen.

Wraggs to Riches Message Board | Tonight's Game
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:23   #178
Senior Member+

For clarification, if McConville was in an offside position when the ball was originally played through, it doesn't matter if it then comes off the defender, he's still offside as he has gained an advantage in phase 1. Its a horribly complicated rule but I can say this with great certainty having done an entire uni presentation on it 2 months ago!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:34   #179
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
Its a horribly complicated rule but I can say this with great certainty having done an entire uni presentation on it 2 months ago!!!

You're married to a ref and you call it a 'rule'

All the laws of the game are actually straight forward, UNTIL you add human interpretation to them
Old 09-04-2011, 08:44   #180
Senior Member+

Well I said before the game and when we where 0-1 down that I would settle for a point and that's exactly what we got.

Massively disappointing to concede in the last minute though.

Great effort by the amount of travelling stanley faithful for a Friday night.

Thought we looked tired, particularly in the last 20 mins, but what do I know.

Win at home and draw away = promotion material, simple as that.

Roll on Oxford next Saturday.

Now what to do this afternoon????
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..