Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2011, 21:45   #211
God Member

Re: Macclesfield Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I thought Sean was offside at the time and the video seems to confirm that he was in an offside position both when Joe crossed the ball and also when it deflected off the defender. If you can't be "played on" by a defender anymore then it wasn't a goal. If it's back pass by the defender though, then surely it's a goal? Which is it?
In any case, Macc's last minute goal looked yards offside, both at the time and on the video.

Given the massive swipe the defender took at the ball then I'd say it wasn't a deflection.
Old 10-04-2011, 22:01   #212
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Given the massive swipe the defender took at the ball then I'd say it wasn't a deflection.
yeh shoulda gone to specsavers.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:01   #213
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Cashy, having watched the replay on the BBC I have to agree wi' Dave, that wasn't a deflection and Sean was not standing in an offside position. That swipe looked more like an attempted clearance to me which backfired horribly and the ref took sympathy on Macc. However, if you want to see an offside goal, look at Macc's second now that was offside by a country mile.
There's a conspiracy I tell you.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:11   #214
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Massive swipe may have been a slight exaggeration, but he definatley went to kick it and missed
Old 11-04-2011, 16:57   #215
Senior Member+

On the Macc equaliser - though I hate to say it - as the ball is crossed there's a Stanley player trying to cut it out who is less than a yard from the goal line just inside the penalty area. Given the way he's facing, I fear he was probably still there when the last forward pass was made - which would make Mukendi onside. Unfortunately there's no "influencing play" caveat when it comes to where defenders are As far as I know .....

Hockey abolished the stupid offside rule entirely years ago and it's much better for it - removes the perpetual arguments and the umpires can concentrate on what's going on without fretting about where people are on the pitch. Not to say we don't still have some chap (sp) umpires though ....

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..