Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2011, 08:50   #181
Senior Member+

Re: Macclesfield Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Now what to do this afternoon????
Support every home team in League two that is playing a play off or near play off rival or even the clubs in the auto promotion slots

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-04-2011, 08:57   #182
Junior Member+

Frustrating result last night - a couple of mins away from victory. I'm still confident we can catch third place
thesilverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:59   #183
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Great to see Kipax's pics on the fishy, welcome back.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:14   #184
Senior Member+

I agree Cashman, Tony's pics are superb.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:49   #185
Senior Member+

Let down by the lack of subs. I feel our midfield was tired in 80+. The sending off made us play the long ball more trying to make use of an extra man. But really when we was playing the ball along the floor we was looking dangerous. Ah well win at home and draw away and we will be thereabouts come end of the season.

If we win at Shrews then auto is possible I feel if results go our way.
We need to beat Burton away no matter what IMHO.

Last edited by Nickelson; 09-04-2011 at 09:52.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:55   #186
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickelson View Post
Let down by the lack of subs.
those 6 words say it all.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:28   #187
God Member

Subs wouldn't have made a jot of a difference as tactically, we were clueless.

Full respect and credit to Macclesfield for doing their homework on us and stopping us play our game because once they did that (which didn't take long) it became evident that we had absolutely no plan B. We were forced to launch the ball forward unsuccessfully due to their excellent closing down. There was no movement amongst our forward players in order to receive the ball; our 'back six' as I call them (defence & holding mid) had nothing to pass to. How often did we see Joycey win the ball well, then have nothing in front of him?

Sure, the liner was a joke. McConville's goal looked well onside and their equaliser looked exactly the opposite. However on the balance of play we did not deserve to win that game one bit. But it is still a kick in the teeth to only get a point in that fashion.

The one positive for me was Proccy's goal... what a brilliant strike. After that it looked like we just might have been able to step up our game and edge it. Sadly the lack of concentration allowed Macclesfield to get that cross into the box ...and the liner did the rest.

Just glad we have two home games to allow our players to remember how to play football!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:33   #188
Full Member+

I know this is the best chance ever for playoffs, but at the end of the day a few weeks ago we thought we were going into admin ,Eric Whalley was dragging his feet , all this has now gone. Let us be grateful for what we have got. We are safe , we will be here next season whether it be league one or two. I do hope the lads can keep it up and do get the promotion they well deserve , but I will settle for what we have got.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 10:39   #189
Senior Member+

Id have to agree.

Im just thankful we still have a bloody football league club, never mind a team that is challenging for promotion.

The short-sightness of some people is absolutely staggering.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:43   #190
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Subs wouldn't have made a jot of a difference as tactically, we were clueless.

Full respect and credit to Macclesfield for doing their homework on us and stopping us play our game because once they did that (which didn't take long) it became evident that we had absolutely no plan B. We were forced to launch the ball forward unsuccessfully due to their excellent closing down. There was no movement amongst our forward players in order to receive the ball; our 'back six' as I call them (defence & holding mid) had nothing to pass to. How often did we see Joycey win the ball well, then have nothing in front of him?

Sure, the liner was a joke. McConville's goal looked well onside and their equaliser looked exactly the opposite. However on the balance of play we did not deserve to win that game one bit. But it is still a kick in the teeth to only get a point in that fashion.

The one positive for me was Proccy's goal... what a brilliant strike. After that it looked like we just might have been able to step up our game and edge it. Sadly the lack of concentration allowed Macclesfield to get that cross into the box ...and the liner did the rest.

Just glad we have two home games to allow our players to remember how to play football!
Disagree shaker, subs could have made a difference, yes tactically clueless in first half, just punting ball in air in the main,1-0 down,was worth replacing a couple with instructions to play on ground. Jimmy Ryan who i love to bits was terrible last night, maybe tiredness or just a bad day in the office, if yer losing n looking bad, then fresh faces can't do any worse simples. by the way coley said apart from 25 mins we were the best side, is he on acid?
Old 09-04-2011, 11:22   #191
God Member

Smile Re: Macclesfield Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Disagree shaker, subs could have made a difference, yes tactically clueless in first half, just punting ball in air in the main,1-0 down,was worth replacing a couple with instructions to play on ground. Jimmy Ryan who i love to bits was terrible last night, maybe tiredness or just a bad day in the office, if yer losing n looking bad, then fresh faces can't do any worse simples. by the way coley said apart from 25 mins we were the best side, is he on acid?
I am with you on this one Cashy, when we got in front and they went down to 10, Razor would have terrorised them and Jimmy has not played well for weeks!!!!!

It is all about opinion

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:30   #192
Senior Member+

Jimmy not played well for weeks?!?!!!?

Sorry mate, you must be on a different planet to every other stanley fan.

I agree he was poor last night, but he has been magnificent !!
Old 09-04-2011, 11:33   #193
God Member

Jimmy had a bad spell after he picked up a knock but for the five games prior to last night he has been magnificent.

With regards to subs, I don't think any attacking subs by us would've made a difference as Macclesfield were defending so well from front to back. Like for like subs (eg Razor for Ryan) wouldn't have had any effect in my opinion.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:34   #194
Senior Member+

Sod it, ill wade in to the argument"

John Miles is the greatest player to ever pull on a stanley shirt
Old 09-04-2011, 11:48   #195
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post

With regards to subs, I don't think any attacking subs by us would've made a difference as Macclesfield were defending so well from front to back. Like for like subs (eg Razor for Ryan) wouldn't have had any effect in my opinion.
In my opinion thats nonsense, "Long John Silver" could have improved things Jimmy was that poor last night.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..