Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2005, 15:02   #16
God Member

Re: Match at Grays

if that kind of football doesnt get us into the football league nothing will.
absolutely brilliant lads - world class stuff.
gary roberts & andy mangan are football genii !!
too bad the ref was an absolute disgrace as usual!!
:engsmil:
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-11-2005, 15:43   #17
God Member

thoroughly enjoyed the match. Superb display by the lads and the ultras

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 16:28   #18

I enjoyed the match this afternoon, I thought the atmosphere, the ultras constant singing and drumming all the way through was great. My son sang along with most of the Stanley songs and shouted at the referee, just like he was there with you all...

Well done to the team and the ultras for an extra special performance .

AccyRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 16:36   #19
God Member

Well done lads - brilliant stuff!! Think the ref was performing for the cameras, no way Mango should've been sent off but all the more credit to our lads for hanging in there and winning the 3 points. Just to add to a good day, York got beat at home by Burton & Alty held Exeter to a draw - good news all round!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 18:16   #20
Senior Member+

great peformance on and off the pitch, referee again was appaling, sending mangan off for what he did at his tender age can really hit a player hard and have a detrimental effect to him. Hopefully he can overcome it, he looked very very gutted but glad to see craney comforting him, Coley also sent off for something that looked pretty inocuous. Happy to all you guys ultras on the box, fantastic! Even saw steven a few times! Gary Roberts skill was outstanding! And just how did edwards deflect slabber's effort on to the bar, its was unbelievable!! I swear my heart stopped for them few seconds Centre backs looked slightly dodgy but im not complaining, 3 important points with york, exeter and morecambe dropping points, eeeiiieeeiiieeeeiiii ooooooooooooo.............
Old 12-11-2005, 19:38   #21
Super Moderator

Massive result today...one more step on the long road back to the football league. Nice to see some complimentary comments from Grays fans, too. What a refreshing change from the usual sour grapes from some of the "big" clubs who can't take defeat from "upstarts" like us!
Old 12-11-2005, 20:13   #22

Well done Stanley. Your guys played well today and took the game to us. It would have been an even better game with a decent ref but I guess he screwed us both at times.

Good advert for Conference football!!!
westcountrygraysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 22:21   #23
I am Banned

I'm bound to agree with Wynonie and others. I've spent some time on the Grays website this evening , and they are clearly a very fine bunch of supporters who don't shrink from giving credit where it's due.It's very likely that Grays, with their substantial backing, will follow Stanley into the League in 2006. Let's hope that we can maintain good relations with such a splendid Club.

Last edited by Henry Morton; 12-11-2005 at 22:32.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 23:00   #24

I saw Greys at the start of the season & warned they were a very good team despite having just come into the conference. Both my homework plus Lodgy & Coley & Eric having viewed them in action has paid full dividend today. Wow for Gary Roberts who commanded the left wing all through the game & got the accolade from the Sky commentators that he turned in a premiership performance, just hope no prem clubs nick him yet though. Pity the ref played to the cameras & failed to use common sense particularly with Andy & Coley, I fully hope the club will appeal over Andys sending off. Good luck to the Greys, their set up will ensure a top flight result at the end of season & sure our boys will have fulfilled their promise to Pete & family & can build their confidence to ensure our return to league football. Also well done to the travelling fans who never let up singing & inspiring the lads throughout the whole game. More of it at home games too, not just from behind the goals but all round the ground too- if you have got a voice use it & inspire the lads & put the wind up the opposition!
Old 13-11-2005, 00:29   #25
Senior Member+

Seem a nice bunch for southeners
http://www.graysathletic.co.uk/fansf...opic.php?t=354

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2005, 08:03   #26

Just wanted to say Well Done to both your team and supporters, as has been said before I think we were both hard done by with the Ref, he was an absolute joke

You took advantage of situations better than we did and I think the result was a fair one.

Your supporters are a credit to your club and the noise was absloutley fantastic, something that we could take a lesson from , the flags and noise were great and really boosted your teams moral, must be like having a 12th man.

Good luck for the rest of the season.
Lambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2005, 08:33   #27
Senior Member+

Great result and had to laugh at the writing on the shirts ' Oswaldtwistle Mills'.Great game and well played.Woulkd be really good to see Stanley in the League again.
Old 13-11-2005, 09:33   #28
God Member

ultra's were sh!t, stanley were sh!t, Grays fans were sh!t and sarcasm is the lowest form of wit
Old 13-11-2005, 09:34   #29
God Member

All clubs try to claim that there fans are the best in the league/country/world, does anybody know of any fans better than ours for away support per head.
Old 13-11-2005, 10:45   #30
Junior Member+

does any1 no why mangan got his 2nd yellow?
Irish 91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..