Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2005, 11:25   #31
Junior Member+

Re: Match at Grays

Brilliant stuff from the Ultra's yesterday - well done lads. A couple of friends from down south came up for the game, to support Stanley as their own team weren't playing, and they remarked at how good the Stanley fans were and how much their own (Football League Championship) team could do with some fans as good as Stanleys.

Thought the ref was just looking to make a name for himself - the Mangan sending off was appalling, a simple talking too would have been enough, and how he missed the two blatant penalties was a joke.
TWOSEAT RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-11-2005, 11:57   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod
All clubs try to claim that there fans are the best in the league/country/world, does anybody know of any fans better than ours for away support per head.
There's loads Rob, Vauxhall Motors, Witton Albion, Hyde.....

Watched it on Sky, sounds awesome! We just scored & when an away team score its usually quiet....... the noise was fantastic!

Lots of bitter fans will point to it being like this just since we been Confernce bit its always been like that, even when we were Uni 1

Best fans in the League? Oh hell I!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2005, 12:20   #33
God Member

we've always taken about the same number away from home, from the dark days in the North West Counties, the Unidump and now the conference. If we took 1000 away instead of 100 would the noise be ten times as great or do you think that more people means less effort required?
Old 13-11-2005, 12:50   #34

macca if we had a 1000 fans there yesterday we would have took the roof of (could of took it home and used it at stanley) great performance on and of the field by all
Old 13-11-2005, 15:22   #35
God Member

yeah was great day out yesterday, just now need a recprding of the game to watch it again! any one got one they can lend me could they let me know?? my video didnt work!!!!
Old 13-11-2005, 17:03   #36

Talking Re: Match at Grays

This is more like it! A thread longer than 10 posts when we win - AMAZING!!!

Well I cant add much to whats already been said - Roberts had an absolute stormer - the way he skinned that Grays defender for the cross for Mullys goal typified his performance. I felt very proud at 1.45pm yesterday. I couldnt hear one Grays fan - Ultras for the 90... Well done to all that went. Saw a few familiar faces too singing away... And unless it was underneath the Sky TV camera, where was this 'sea of blue' Stimson??? All I saw was 1 flag and that wasnt even on the ground - some cheapskates in a flat behind the ground on their balcony! Craney played bloody well too and Jaggers finish was a beaut. Everyone in the pub agreed it was a great finish. Yes there should have been a couple of pens but as people have said before me, the ref thought he was the star of the game. Absolute bottleless tripe. I must also mention the defence yesterday - they executed the offside trap VERY well and looked very organised - they would have to be against the league leaders - Grays were caught umpteen times.... Finally a great touch by the players with the tshirts at the start... 10 MEN WE ONLY NEED 10 MEN ... IN YOUR OWN BACKYAAAARD
WELL DONE ACCY - A GREAT WIN!!!!!!:engsmil:

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!

Last edited by Jimbo T Hornblower; 13-11-2005 at 17:06.
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2005, 17:12   #37
Senior Member+

During the SKY coverage & whilst we were singing "Red & White Army", it showed Stimson looking into our support....

I could read his mind "Why did I ask today to be flag day"

"Why can't Grays fans be like the Accy lot"

"Looks fun over there...."

& Rob, if we had a thousand away fans it would be awesome, but we'd have to make sure it was a 1000 ultra types

Highlight of yesterday was Robbie Williams after the game with his "up yours" gesture... Reckon that was for the moaners at the IES

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 13-11-2005, 18:17   #38
Senior Member+

i swear i heard a "jimbo is from accy!!" That was nice to hear, and nice to see rocky hitting back at his critics he has really turned his performances around and has every right to be proud of himself. The next ten games for us could all be wins....who knows.....
Old 13-11-2005, 18:31   #39
God Member

you did hear jimbo is from accy as well as cammy is a ginger! lol
Old 13-11-2005, 18:36   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
Roberts' turn for the first goal was exceptional. If that had happened in the Premiership they'd have been showing it for years to come.
Hope Conf TV got it, 'cos I may not have the promised video!
Unless someone on here can oblige!!
KiTChener is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2005, 21:13   #41

Smile Re: Match at Grays

Brilliant performance! Everyone, rightly, is praising the lads. Nevertheless, when we play badly Coley & Co get it in the neck (not least of all from me) so they deserve a lot of praise when things pan out right. John Coleman is one helluvah manager IMHO. Some of us believe he has his faults but you just can't argue with a performance like that at Grays and the position in the Conference league. I ain't arguing any more.
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2005, 21:44   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualtrough
Brilliant performance! Everyone, rightly, is praising the lads. Nevertheless, when we play badly Coley & Co get it in the neck (not least of all from me) so they deserve a lot of praise when things pan out right. John Coleman is one helluvah manager IMHO. Some of us believe he has his faults but you just can't argue with a performance like that at Grays and the position in the Conference league. I ain't arguing any more.
Exactly!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 13-11-2005, 22:30   #43
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
Roberts' turn for the first goal was exceptional. If that had happened in the Premiership they'd have been showing it for years to come.
Too true, TM. I hope that nobody will take this the wrong way, but he gets to the place that Rory never could - right to the line, and halfway between the penalty box and the goal area. Then a pass back , and of course this achieves two significant objectives - (1) Your teammate can't be offside, and (2) The recipient of that delicious pass can apply maximum force while enjoying the luxury of loads of time to choose where to place the ball.

Rory is the best crosser of the ball that I've ever seen, but Gary gets right in there and does the business. Quite right that he was Sky's Man Of The Match.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2005, 23:36   #44

Thumbs up Re: Match at Grays

Andy Mangans sending off was apparently for dissent for kicking the ball away despite the game being stopped while a player was down & being treated. As stated on Sky a case of the ref getting his 15mins of fame & not justified. I have put it to the club & hope others will push too for JC to appeal against Andys red card. If it can be done in the Premiership it can be done in the Conf! Comments in favour to JC at IES, Livingstone Rd etc you know the rest!!!
Old 14-11-2005, 07:47   #45
Senior Member+

The Times' match report talks of the ref making a hash of his significant decisions and 'bizzarely' dismissing Andy.

There's a link to it from the official site match report page, together with a report from Sunday's Observer and some good pics, including the Ultras, from Gav at Grays.

Last edited by MikeA; 14-11-2005 at 07:49.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..