Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2005, 11:54   #1
Senior Member+

Match at Grays

Nice to see the score at half time and that we appear to be playing Grays at their own game. More of the same in the second half please.
Referee a trifle fussy I think and harsh as well, whould have been 2 penalties given (1 for each team to be fair). Great to see the flags and the fans outsinging Grays fans (can't even hear them). Nice touch with the T-shirts at the start. Keep it up during the second half and maybe TM fears in another thread may not come to fruition.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-11-2005, 12:59   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Match at Grays

well they won and with 10 men,nice one welldone stanley.
Old 12-11-2005, 13:04   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy
Keep it up during the second half and maybe TM fears in another thread may not come to fruition.
Which fears were those?

Seriously, though, I thought the lads played brilliantly today. Our defence is dodgy, but they did a good job on Grays today.

A good game and a really good advert for the Conference.
Old 12-11-2005, 13:19   #4

Working, looking forward to watching video.........
Any comments on sending-off??
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 13:30   #5
Junior Member+

It's about time someone turned them over, well played
CUFC Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 13:37   #6

Brill match, all i heard on sky sports was the ultras, fantastic again !!! but where did them 4 minutes come from at the end of the second half, and since when has 4 minutes been 5 and a half
Mangan brought down a defender, poor tackle, then kicked the ball away, getting a red card
superb performance by stanley though !!!!!!
Old 12-11-2005, 13:39   #7
Full Member+

Well done the lads, and Jags goal was a screamer. Hope that in some way helps Cav and his family at this time.
Old 12-11-2005, 13:40   #8
Resting in Peace

What a result!
The Gray Horse went mad at full time. Referees don't seem to know the meaning of commonsense any more, but Andy Mangan did enough to secure the points in the few minutes he was on the field. Thanks to Jaggers for connecting perfectly with his cross - our 2 goals must have rewarded the travelling Stanley fans 10 times over. 3 home games in a row now - top of the league by Christmas!!!!!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 13:54   #9
Senior Member+

Roberts' turn for the first goal was exceptional. If that had happened in the Premiership they'd have been showing it for years to come.
Old 12-11-2005, 14:00   #10

It was a superb effort by everyone, and no doubt everyone here will remember this for years to come !!! wotta confidence boost this must be for coley and co.
Old 12-11-2005, 14:02   #11
Senior Member+

Yes I have to agree to all the comments, excellent match and an excellent advert for Conference Football by both teams to be fair, though I think Stanley shaded over the 90 even when down to 10 men. What a brilliant goal line clearance by Phil Edwards though near the end to clear what was a certain goal. Over fussy referee, thought he could have used common sense with Andy mangan and given the lad a stern ticking off, there was no way the ball could have been played with their trainer on the field of play. Keep it up and just maybe the fans will come back through the turnstiles again and boost attendances for the second half of the season. Well done to the Ultras, outsung Grays fans for the whole game and could easily be heard and seen throughout.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 14:04   #12

Also, we musnt forget a set of superb saves by Randolph, will really miss him, wotta superb player he is turning out to be
Old 12-11-2005, 14:25   #13

well done stanley

the better side won . the ref was a joke for both teams .he really did think he was the star
as a grays fan i have no beef about the result at all.
good luck for the rest of the season

the extra minutes of time added were because of the stanley player receiving treatment during the added time.
i hope the physio is ok though he must have hurt him self by the way he was limping across the pitch to get to the fellow;o)

never a sending off either.
gwam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 14:41   #14
Give, give, give member

Great result.

Well done Stanley.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 14:49   #15
Full Member+

Grays fans forum is full of praise for the way the team played and especially the fans commitment. Well worth a look and fair play to them for not being moaning minnies, unlike someother clubs supporters.
www.graysathletic.co.uk

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..