Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2017, 15:18   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Match Thread - FA Cup v Luton Town

2-1 Omar
Old 07-01-2017, 15:19   #32
I am Banned

Starting to sound like Hartlepool match
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 15:20   #33
I am Banned

1717 400 from Luton
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 15:31   #34
Full Member+

Hoping for Rochdale or High Wycombe next round, no fancy dan teams.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 15:56   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Great result dont really care slong as its another home match. The brass will be very handy fer em
KiTChener likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 07-01-2017 at 16:04.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 16:10   #36
God Member

Nice. So far 2017 has been a beaut.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 16:18   #37

Couldn't make today, got stonking cold (man flu)? & at my advanced age, more sensible to stay at home, & rely on Dan's text commentary.
Was also listening to BBC radio on BBC Three Counties,,,,, talk about biased!!
I think a couple of weathermen had been drafted in, as all they wanted to talk about was 'the fog' engulfing the ground.... they were really hoping it would be called off! I live less than 0.5 miles away, as the crow flies, & could still see to the end of our road, at least 250 yards!
Anyway, great result, so sorry I wasn't there, hopefully will be for next round, at home vs Man City (my second team)!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 16:21   #38

Another with man flu today
But confident now its going to be Millwall away please
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 16:24   #39

Did well today, mcconville did well with an excellent finish and cross for winner. Brown and Connelly in middle at times struggled to string passes together and Chapman still doesn't take command enough but the whole team gave it's all. Kee benefitted again from having the new lad alongside him whom showed good touches. 4th round he we come.#excited

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 16:33   #40
God Member

Well done, Stanley.
It's bu****ed up my plans for a birthday trip to Morecambe, but hope the Voodoo Gods bless us all with an away trip to Old Trafford and a share of a big gate.
yonmon, Greeny and Barrie Yates like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 16:39   #41
Senior Member+

Great result .

Even better is the £65k prize money + ticket sales that we will get from today.

Oxford away in round 4 then???
choirboy likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 16:42   #42
Full Member+

Well that was a fantastic win for Stanley. It may be that we are turning the corner at last on the team front. As someone who has questioned the management capabilities recently. I will also be the first to say well done to all. I hope we can pick up this form in the league, I am looking forward to see who we get in the draw. Then let us see how the club handle the tickets and pricing.
choirboy and Lord Didsbury like this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 16:48   #43
Junior Member+

As a neutral down from Glasgow for the day I was wondering if knocking back Everton v Leicester would be a choice I came to regret however I thought today was a great experience and exactly the sort of thing I was hoping for from an early round FA Cup match.

I love that you can get a decent pub price beer before and during the game. The stewarding is relaxed and affable, and it made for a great atmosphere in the Clayton end.

The fog looked ominous at one point, and towards the end of the second half it was probably match threatening, but common sense prevailed and the game was played out.

Best team won, and I'll be keeping an eye out for your score in the next round.

All the best!
alan smithee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 16:51   #44

Decent performance. Defence was a bit dodgy at times but overall we were the better team and deserved it. McConville put in some very good crosses. None better than for the winning goal.
Fog was amazing. Didn't even know their player had been sent off til afterwards. Could see very little of our goal for the last 20 mins.

Apparently some people refused, on principle, to go because it cost £20. More fool them. It was worth a couple of ponies or more.
monkey hanger likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 16:52   #45
Senior Member+

YAHOOOOOOOO.....!!!!!!!!!

A POSITIVE OUTCOME AT LAST AND FULLY DESERVED!

The team played well against a resolute Luton team.
Beckles had a cracking game and desrved his MOM award which he capped with a great header from a McConville cross. Sean scored the first goal with a super shot on the run cutting in from the left wing. Billy had a good match and benefited from the support play from the new Number 24 Jonathan Edwards. Edwards played the support role well and he looks to have good physical strength and a good football brain. This partnership could develop really well for us in the future.

We took the lead in the first half and then
allowed Luton to equalise fairly early in the second half and we all thought......"Here we go again!" ............
But we got back in front and then scored the second goal and managed to play the game out.
The referee to his credit had quite a good game and he frequently allowed play to carry on when there was an advantage situation. He did however miss one or two bad tackles in the first half. Right at the end he did send a Luton lad off for what looked like a cynical tackle near the dug out but from the Clayton End it was difficult to see what happened through the fog!
Stanley deserved the win today and I really hope that we get a lucrative draw in the next round!
ON STANLEY ON
WEMBLEY BECKONS
KEEP THE FAITH
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..