Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2005, 16:15   #31
Member.

Re: Miss Accy Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad
It's really not about that Garinda, in my opinion it would be a cheap & tacky publicity stunt that Accrington Stanley can well do without.
Not if it was done with a degree of flair and decorum……All efforts should be made to ensure that each stage of the process is conducted in a manner that upholds the dignity of the entrants. After all these girls will be entering the contest of their own volition and for personal gain, what ever that might be. Nobody seems to be bothered at the prospect of half a dozen teenagers prancing around the pitch under the guise of cheer leaders…….

Done properly this could be a good step for the club and if you ladies were to involve yourself in this process in a positive way you could ensure that it doesn’t become demeaning or exploited by randy youths or middle age old farts….We will be promoting the club first and foremost, but using the contest as a means of drawing publicity we currently can’t afford. It shouldn't be seen as a stunt, more of a commercial opportunity to raise awareness of and create interest in the club………….. <O

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Last edited by Doug; 09-08-2005 at 16:20.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-08-2005, 16:31   #32
land of hope and glory

if all you are after is boosting the attendance? Then tell eric to have a look at his price structure , i was going to get mel 3ft a season ticket there last year and was quoted £100.00 for her to watch conferance football.She got a season ticket down at the rovers for £70.00 to watch all the top clubs in england?
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 16:33   #33
God Member

.... Blokes.... families..... fan of the season..... eh????

Are people not familiar with the concept of a miss "whatever" contest ?
Old 09-08-2005, 16:40   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
if all you are after is boosting the attendance?
No thats not it.... Whats season ticket prices got to do with a miss accy stanley contest ??
Old 09-08-2005, 18:00   #35
land of hope and glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
No thats not it.... Whats season ticket prices got to do with a miss accy stanley contest ??
I will then put my vote in for your avatar!
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 18:24   #36
God Member

I would buy anything she was selling

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..