Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2005, 15:58   #1
God Member

Miss Accy Stanley

stanleybabe.(and a few others inc cottier). please read the first message in Q for the club.. esp where it says

Quote:
<!--StartFragment -->Ask your Question and receive your answer. If you wish to talk about the answer then start another thread. Only Question and Club answers in here.. Any comments (Including thank you) will be deleted.
I take it you dont like the idea of miss accy stanley then ?

What about Cranival queen?

What about the women /girls who do like taking part?

Personally I cant see a downside to it

I didn't mean selling tickets.. I meant modeling the kits and stuff in club shop online... helping to promote the draw in adverts... basically just promoting the club and a pretty face does help sell.. theres no denying that.... Other clubs do it.... tv does it.. everyone does it so why not stanley...

Just a suggestion

Last edited by KIPAX; 07-08-2005 at 16:01.
KIPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-08-2005, 16:22   #2

Re: Miss Accy Stanley

Sorry Kipax, I wasn't following the instructions, couldn't work out why the post kept disappearing!!!

There are plenty of reasons why I don't like your idea, but basically I want to see women who are involved in football taken serioiusly. Having a "Miss Accrington Stanley" says to me that footy is still a male preserve and women are only allowed in on men's terms. I'm sure you can't see a downside to it, but dare I say that's probably because you're a bloke?!
If women want to enter competitions like this, then that's obviously up to them, it's just a mentality I don't understand. In the year 2005 I don't see any need for it, that's all. Just because everybody does something doesn't make it right. Anyway, I don't want to fall out about it, just think it's a very bad suggestion.

Stanleybabe
Old 07-08-2005, 16:39   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleybabe
I'm sure you can't see a downside to it, but dare I say that's probably because you're a bloke?!
Don't drag me into this!

The ass-wiggling bouncing-bimb cheerleader stuff that's creeping into football makes me nauseous. If women want to be involved in football then they should get involved in football! God knows, I saw some great footy in Euro 2005 at Ewood and Deepdale.

However... if women want to model footy kits, and be worshipped as some kind of pretty bimb, then who am I to pass judgement on their decision?

Surely the important thing is the ability to choose, even if the choice they take is repugnant (in our opinion)!

Last edited by Robaldo; 07-08-2005 at 16:40.
Robaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 16:45   #4
God Member

stanleybabe.. its a messageboard and a difference of opinion.. A debate.... theres no falling out ever gonna happen

But

Why is it a bimbo thing? Why isn't it constructive help to the club? If a gorgeous looking girl can help the club by showing off her charms then why not.... A fat bloke dressed as a monkey can make a pillock of himself so why not other people?

respond... its a debate not an argument
Old 07-08-2005, 16:54   #5
Senior Member+

I think its a great idea!
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 16:56   #6

hiya kipax, i think youre onto a great idea but to solve the sexist thing how about the face of stanley 2005/6 where anyone can be in it male or female and all those that enter are shown in the club program and the fans all vote for there favorite that way we are not being sexist
Old 07-08-2005, 17:01   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiffy16
I think its a great idea!
Yer a teenage lad.......Of course ya do

Last edited by KIPAX; 08-08-2005 at 09:05.
KIPAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 18:09   #8
Member.

It is a good idea, you could spend a few bob and hire lass or two to model the stuff but it won’t have any real connectivity with the club. I can see were Kipax is coming from and if it’s done with a bit of flair and the individuals dignity is maintained throughout there’s nothing wrong with it. I don’t thing there is any issue with woman in football they’ve always been there as supporters and they always will be, it only becomes a male thing or issue if you allow sexual politics to raise its ugly head. I don’t see why Maidstoneaccy’s suggestion can’t be exploited to even the field, but I doubt if he’ll raise as much money or the profile of the club.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 18:14   #9

doug i wouldnt want to be in it, as i wouldnt be able to get to the club often enough for kipax to take my ugly mug.
Old 07-08-2005, 18:28   #10
rob

i've heard plenty of ladies in the ground admiring (for want of another word) our players for more than their footballing skills? is that sexist?
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 19:31   #11

no rob, because sexism only involves men talking about women
Old 07-08-2005, 19:42   #12
Senior Member+

Unless my memory fails me, I think we've had a Miss Accrington Stanley before haven't we?

I personally don't see it as a good thing, but that's just my opinion.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:30   #13
Resting In Peace

Anything that advertises the Club or raises the profile of the Club is a good thing.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:00   #14

i'd put myself forward for it lol (sorry stanleybabe!)
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 10:03   #15
God Member

kisser.. I presumed you where the last one that TM mentions.. Is that right? Your the one that was on adverts and on top graphics of web sites

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..