Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-03-2014, 21:33   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Morecambe Thread

JUSTICE WAS DONE TONIGHT!!!
5 - 1 TO THE STANLEY
Put simply, that was the best Stanley performance at home for two seasons!!
Great to see both Deano and Tom scoring great goals.
Moly's goal at the end was superbly lashed in.
Ellison was useless as was "Flapper" Roche
For me tonight the performance was built on our relentless closing down of opponents, ALL OVER THE PITCH.....and importantly at a much higher line by our midield players, exemplified in a great performance by Hatfield. Pierro has been doing the same for a good while. Buxton looks like a tremendous find and he is fearless going forward. (He will score soon!) Our rear triangle of Betinelli, Tom and Deano is becoming quite a formidable obstacle. Wilson, Moly and Gray linked up superbly tonight. Gray caused the Morecambe defence all sorts of problems as he did against Chesterfield last week. Murphy and Joyce have seen the light and have started to tackle at that higher line. Cal Naismith had a relatively quiet game but showed his confidence with a great penalty and a willingness to shoot on sight. Tom scored a real "power" header and Deano cracked his goal in powerfully after an equally good header off the bar by Murphy, (that header deserved a goal too!)
The best was saved until the end, and "The Wand" worked its magic again! The guys around me were screaming for Moly to square the ball, but I knew he was just going to lash it in!
Roche had no chance! MAGIC!! 5 - 1 !!!!!
It was like watching Brazil near the end!
All round it was just a great team performance
Have a good night JB and the team and all the supporters too!

Last edited by choirboy; 18-03-2014 at 21:38.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-03-2014, 21:34   #17
Resting in Peace

Stunning performance by the Stanley boys. Never gave the Shrimps a chance by pressing all over the pitch. Not many teams in this division would have lived with us tonight. Best thing is the poor old Morecambe support have had to pay twice to see their side humiliated!
Revived Red, choirboy and smobile like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 21:35   #18

Great effort from every player tonight.
duckworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 21:47   #19
Senior Member+

Think Choirboy has nailed it,we set off with a high tempo and their defence dropped deep and just couldn't get up the pitch.
What a find the right back is giving us something different - he's fearless in possession and very positive.
Very very happy
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 21:53   #20
Senior Member+

The support from the Stanley fans was great tonight..........
and we really need to follow it up on saturday against Plymouth.
So come on everybody........
put the word out about how good Stanley are becoming and get as many friends on the ground on Saturday.
RALLY ROUND THE REDS!!!!!

cashman, Stanleymad and smobile like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2014, 22:03   #21
Senior Member+

Don't think I need the Barrow shirt now DAV007....Where are you takings for the slap up curry?Can I bring John and Jimmy I'll pay the taxi from Southport?
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 00:14   #22
Full Member+

Morecambe haven't beaten us since 2005!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 00:19   #23
Full Member+

Morecambe haven't beaten us since 2005! They should've taken their chance the other Saturday instead of acting like . Last night they paid the price!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 07:24   #24
Senior Member+

smooth operation by the reds, I was impressed with the slick passing and team commitment of not allowing Morecambe time on the ball, a super all round team effort bringing 5 goals that has not been witnessed here since 2010, for 5 mins at the start of the 2nd half Morecambe did flatter but that was soon snuffed out by the reds, Tom Aldred deservedly awarded MotM, our home form this season has been diabolical hopefully we can now boost our home performances on a regular basis and get the fans flocking back
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 07:34   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The home form aint been great, but ive viewed it as a work in progress not diabolical? reckon thats a bit harsh.Last night is summat ive seen coming fer awhile now.
Old 19-03-2014, 07:38   #26
God Member

Stoked,wrapt, over the moon, ecstatic, orgasmified,delirious with euphoria,chuffed, etc....
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 09:25   #27
Senior Member+

I was ecstatic last night !......well as ecstatic as I allow myself to get with all the prosthetic bits getting in the way !...but YES I was ecstatic. Not only with the resounding result, but also by the skilful and spirited manner in which it was achieved. Mostly though I am more than astounded by the transformation in our team which is unfolding week by week before our eyes. It was there to see at Rochdale on Saturday last when three points were easily within their grasp due to their level of performance, and a continuance of the same efforts really produced the goods against the poor Shrimps, who must allow history to prey upon their collective minds whenever they face the Reds !...one word of commiseration for Jim Bentley though .....'Your lads can't really be as bad as last nights woeful and gutless display suggested....!'...and for the hairless OAP Masquerading as a wing forward, totally dominated by Adam Buxton !....time for the Boneyard !.
We enjoyed it, and seeing the beaming smile on FA19's face (He didn't mention 4-4-2 once incidentally !)...He too was bordering on the ecstatic as well !.
Have a feeling that Saturday's game will be a close encounter of another kind though,
Hope that the gate reflects a resurgence of interest in the Stanley...(But am I wearing my Red tinted spectacles again ? )...and that the result is the right one !.
AccyMad likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 10:17   #28
God Member

I waited till this morning to comment on the game to give me chance to calm down a little & reflect objectively on our lads performance - who am i kidding, still on a massive high after what was not just a win, it was a flamin' demolition job!! Well done to each & every one of 'em - just gonna have a peek on the Morecambe forum & see what their take on the game is
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2014, 10:23   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I waited till this morning to comment on the game to give me chance to calm down a little & reflect objectively on our lads performance - who am i kidding, still on a massive high after what was not just a win, it was a flamin' demolition job!! Well done to each & every one of 'em - just gonna have a peek on the Morecambe forum & see what their take on the game is
Their take is quite simple, most of em know they were "Stuffed" by the better side on the night.
Old 19-03-2014, 11:15   #30
Full Member+

Even on TV last night the news reporter said " Accrington Stanley thrashed Morecambe 5 1, sounded lovely, music to my ears. Well done the Reds , more on Saterday please.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..