Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2007, 09:12   #1

Paul Carden

According to the LET, he's joined Cambridge United on loan. Anyone know if there's any truth in that? (there's nothing on the fishy site, as per)
BedsRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-11-2007, 09:36   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Paul Carden

Well he played for us at Blackpool on Tuesday, so he may well have gone on loan to Cambridge before the deadline yesterday.

The fact that other sites have the story before the official site is, as you say, nothing new. To be honest, I'm fast losing interest, which as a fan for 30 years is quite worrying for me.
Old 23-11-2007, 09:53   #3

Losing interest?!

We're playing at the highest level we've ever played at, with bigger crowds than ever before, a recently developed stadium, and some of the most talented players we've ever had. Surely this is the most exciting time to be a Stanley fan?
This Charming Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 11:10   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by This Charming Man View Post
Losing interest?!

We're playing at the highest level we've ever played at, with bigger crowds than ever before, a recently developed stadium, and some of the most talented players we've ever had. Surely this is the most exciting time to be a Stanley fan?
And yet the club's Google Page Ranking still seems to be little better than at Unibond level. I know John Alty wasn't everyone's cup of tea as chairman, but you couldn't deny he had a gift for publicity (even if a lot of it was self-publicity). Communication with fans appears to be at an all-time low, the club shop website is apparantly out of date (according to other threads) and as to getting hold of anyone at the club, generally you can forget it. The footballing staff have over-achieved in getting us where we are and have busted a gut in doing so. The club as a whole, however, seems to be wasting the opportunity to push its profile (and the departure of Lew Carroll really is a blow in that respect). The only time I can recall seeing the club in the national press this season was the ill-judged whine about attendances.

I say this as an exile; perhaps there is more Google Page Ranking going on locally that I am unaware of. But I doubt it.
BedsRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 12:13   #5
Senior Member+

Perfectly put BedsRed.

I understand that as the club progresses through the pyramid the distance between club and fan is going to become more stretched, but I feel totally disconnected from the club and that is damaging the relationship.

Lack of communication between fan and club is a part of the problem, plus the constant frustration at the way simple things (like putting merchandise on the website so it will sell, or replying to emails) aren't done properly, just makes me despair.

Perhaps it's just me and I need to take a break from it all? I hear Burnley have a new manager. Maybe I need to go and watch something else for a while to put it all into perspective?
Old 23-11-2007, 12:32   #6
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BedsRed View Post
and the departure of Lew Carroll really is a blow in that respect.
We haven't been officially told he has left, at least I haven't seen it anywhere.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 12:45   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
We haven't been officially told he has left, at least I haven't seen it anywhere.
Lew has himself told us here that he's gone http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...e-34959-2.html

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 13:00   #8
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Lew has himself told us here that he's gone http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...e-34959-2.html
I know he has gone, I was the one to disclose it on this site, I know that Lew has himself told us that he has gone, but my point is that the Club have not told us that he has gone - lack of information (which is being discussed on this thread)
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2007, 13:09   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
I know he has gone, I was the one to disclose it on this site, I know that Lew has himself told us that he has gone, but my point is that the Club have not told us that he has gone - lack of information (which is being discussed on this thread)
Sorry that wasn't clear, maybe the club dont think its our business or that important as say onfield staff

Its the same old same old with stanley atm, Google Page Ranking is not one of their strengths at all even more so with league status. Like TM has said & many others have on the subject of stanley, public relations/communications are dire & does have a tremendous effect on all sides, fan, local, shop, etc which is contributory to the gates, merchandise, club mangerial behind the scenes issues.

As for website dont get me started, [or MR K will come back] errrrr wheres the telegraph??

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 23-11-2007, 13:16   #10
Super Moderator

We've been told that Stanley are on a learning curve, but the frustrating thing is that nobody seems to be learning...or listening. Why has nobody reacted to the comments about the new Winter merchandise and put them in the on-line store or, at least mentioned them on the news section? And what about TM's experience in attempting to join the Stanley Legends scheme? Any remotely Google Page Ranking-conscious organisation would have jumped on that by issuing an apology to him, sorting it out and reassuring the rest of us on here that there won't be a reoccurence if we join. It really doesn't give a good impression to us dedicated fans.
Old 23-11-2007, 13:21   #11
God Member

True points wynonie, even more so distancing potential fans from the club too especially the younger market, its more frustrating that Eric being a business man should know all about marketing & customer relations, without either how are we supposed to keep afloat or reach a better potential & run the business side of it properly as well as expectations on pitch.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 23-11-2007, 13:32   #12
God Member

Maybe the club can't afford the resource to provide a better service than they are doing ?
Old 23-11-2007, 13:37   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I hear Burnley have a new manager. Maybe I need to go and watch something else for a while to put it all into perspective?

Tomorrow will be a good time to start TM, we are playing in Blue & White
Old 23-11-2007, 13:39   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BedsRed View Post
According to the LET, he's joined Cambridge United on loan. Anyone know if there's any truth in that? (there's nothing on the fishy site, as per)
Nothing on the Cambridge site or the BBC list of transfers and loans.
Old 23-11-2007, 13:45   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Maybe the club can't afford the resource to provide a better service than they are doing ?
I'll give em my rates then

Seriously, a lot of the problem is mainly ERIC himself, as maybe Lew was trying his best to steer the clubs commercial side to a slighty bigger plateau to try to gain renvenue only for big E to put the mockers on it or take over as he does like to keep his rein on the club very tight, which has been always his way & wants it his own way, which can be intimidating for staff or for new ideas especially if it means speculating to accumulate or even spending on staff wages to get better people in...

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..