Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-04-2005, 12:45   #46
God Member

Re: Players in, Players out????

aaaaaw come on ... THERE IS A ROOF AT STANLEY

You cant say people wont come because no roof.. if they want to stay dry then over half the ground is covered and better views from the sideline.. even the management are there

A roof is better and will increase the atmosphere.. According to the supporters club website its being built in june.... haha theres more chance of Rory signing for Chorley than the roof getting built this summer.... IMHO

A roof wont bring in more fans... people arn't sat at home wiht nothing to do on a saturday who will discover the clayton end has a roof and decide to start supporting stanley...

Simple fact is.. theres no money to be made in putting a roof on the clayton end... thus.... well i will let you work it out

personally i would love to see a roof on there.. would up the atrmosphere ten fold...
Old 28-04-2005, 15:14   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad
Payton opportunity? - Payton liability more like. We certainly do not need the likes of him at Stanley. If you think he would have been a 'big name' signing you're off your rocker! The only thing I would agree about is your comments about the Clayton End roof and (fingers crossed) this is supposed to be completed in the summer.

Liability?? Why's that then, maybe you can elaborate?? Even if he isn't the most reliable guy off the pitch the point was he would certainly have considerably boosted the gate if nothing else. You know, bums on seats love!! If you think his drinking habits are a problem then maybe you dont get out much because if you did you would surely agree that he can be no worse than several of the current crop(two who are being released incidentally),who can regularly been seen out on the pop.

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 148874" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>Jimbo T Hornblower</TD><TD class=alt2>I have to disagree with ya - less inclined to attend due to lack of progression??? THATS EXACTLY THE POINT!!!!! How can the club progress and get these signings if peeps 'cant be arsed' to turn up?? And there HAS been progression this season - ok not in the league table position and the Clayton End roof situation but the club has progressed...

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Chicken and Egg Jimbo. As I said 'build it and they will come'. Ive never heard it be said 'Come and then we'll build it'.??? The club need to offer what new punters want, a bit(and i mean a bit) more comfort and a winning team.
Staveros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2005, 15:30   #48
Resting In Peace

Quote:
aaaaaw come on ... THERE IS A ROOF AT STANLEY
There is a roof over the seated area, there is a roof over the Whinney Hill side of the ground, but some people do not want to sit down, some people do not want to have a restricted view on the Whinney Hill side. OF COURSE putting a roof over the Clayton end will increase the attendance. You say it yourself, it will up the atmosphere ten fold, if there is a better atmosphere then more people will be inclined to come. Fair weather supporters who like to stand behind the goals and don't come when it is raining will come, even if it looks like rain. If there is a better atmosphere this gives the team more encouragement, which in turn, should make them perform better and perhaps get better results, which will then attract more supporteres making a better atmosphere, giving the team more encouragement, making them play even better and getting better results, which will attract more supporters making a better atmosphere, etc etc etc etc
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2005, 15:52   #49
God Member

Its a gamble that what you say would pay off in enough numbers.. I am "guessing" the club would need to be pretty sure theres money in putting a roof on and I am "guessing" the numbers dont add up in a sure enough way..

The roof is fast becoming a white elephant.. all the plans have been done and apparently have to be done more than once...

If I where a betteng man I would say same conversation this time next year.. Buit i sincerely hope I am wrong..
Old 28-04-2005, 16:12   #50
Senior Member+

If I were a gambler Kipax,I wouldn't even give you odds on that roof being built,the excuses we heard at the Fan's forum are wearing a bit thin now aren't they?
Old 28-04-2005, 16:15   #51

Jeff is right. I know because I myself have missed games this year because the weathers been bad and I prefer standing behind the goals. It needs sorting.

Kipax, I know you are Mr Accy Stanley and obviously try to remain diplomatic, but if what you say is right then its a disgrace. I think you tend to find that people too close to a situation are sometimes blinkered and I believe that goes for a few on here. Your too nice, too understanding. I dont give a damn. Its like expecting supporters to provide tele's for the bar. Its crap.

I have read in another thread that Eric has a plan that includes league football?? Well, IMHO, if the club cant organise putting a roof on one of the stands, at what is a fairly poor ground even at the current level, then I would suggest forgetting all about such far flung fantasies.

How can you look at a roof, shelter, a basic necessity to keeping dry, as a vehicle for profit??

Its ridiculous.

At the end of the day the club has made excellent progress over the past few years, but now is thetime to drive on, not start panicking about necessary expenditure. Are we heading for the Football League or the lower league??
Old 28-04-2005, 17:39   #52
I am Band

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey
...but being sentimental about things will achieve nothing. If Stanley are serious about going forward, we need to clear out the 'averages' and replace them with better players. This is when Coleman will really earn his corn. Can he attract the kind of players we need?
Fair comment there, T M.

There is no room for sentimentality in sport, as John Coleman will no doubt find, if the club doesn't progress. He is doing the right thing in clearing out to bring in new talent.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!

Last edited by Sparkologist; 28-04-2005 at 17:45. Reason: Cos I was stupid & missed out the quote!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2005, 18:11   #53
God Member

Coleman has progressed every single season for the last six years he has been here..... What on earth are you talking about.. if the club doesn't progress ?

I just read the observer and its pointed out we have progresed every sigle year. this season only a little bit on the table as we are same position but more points.. Its still progression.. More fans than 6 yrs ago.. Better ground than 6 yrs ago.. better everyhting.. its been nothing but progression

Really have a go and tell us what on earth you are talking about ?
Old 28-04-2005, 18:13   #54
God Member

staveros I did make a point of quoting where I am saying "guessing"

and please dont call me nice.. it does my street rep no good at all
Old 28-04-2005, 19:03   #55

Staveros.
Its like expecting supporters to provide tele's for the bar.

I did last year. the one opposite the bar and small one in corner where both provided by me. I also fixed the one over the ladies toilet door which isn't even plugged in.

myself, budmak and uk cowboy fixed them up on the walls.
Old 28-04-2005, 19:07   #56

I think a roof would boost attendance. We're not blessed with the best weather up here and standing on the terrace can get hard at times.
Old 28-04-2005, 19:10   #57
God Member

well bring a bloody umberella if u dont want to get wet!!!!!!!

and some thermals if u dont want to get cold!!!!

Simple really when u think of it

Last edited by John_Timmins; 28-04-2005 at 19:11.
John_Timmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2005, 19:14   #58
Senior Member+

I think that the point Staveros is making is that it shouldn't be up to the supporters to provide what are really basic fixtures in any clubhouse.It should be done by the Club.I have to agree with him on that;we all appreciate the expense and time that the Supporter's club have put into these things,but at the end of day,why didn't the club pay for them?Surely private functions throughout the year would have covered the cost of a couple of tellies???
Old 28-04-2005, 19:40   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottletop
Staveros.
Its like expecting supporters to provide tele's for the bar.

I did last year. the one opposite the bar and small one in corner where both provided by me. I also fixed the one over the ladies toilet door which isn't even plugged in.

myself, budmak and uk cowboy fixed them up on the walls.
Fancy making a start on the stand? I'll give you a lift, 'though I've only got the odd Sunday spare!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2005, 19:45   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod
I think that the point Staveros is making is that it shouldn't be up to the supporters to provide what are really basic fixtures in any clubhouse.It should be done by the Club.I have to agree with him on that;we all appreciate the expense and time that the Supporter's club have put into these things,but at the end of day,why didn't the club pay for them?Surely private functions throughout the year would have covered the cost of a couple of tellies???
nail. head. hit.!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..