Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-07-2009, 09:56   #136
Senior Member+

Re: Players Sign Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Surely there are other positions that need sorting out first?
Won't be the desired goal keeper any time soon:

LEEDS UNITED: Pull out all the stops now Alan - Yorkshire Evening Post

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-07-2009, 10:01   #137
God Member

still sounds promising though Haggis, as both he and his manager are accepting of a loan deal depending how pre-season works out for him. Our problem is that in doing that he won't be having a pre-season with us and we may have to sign Halliwell whether he is 100% suitable or not.
Old 18-07-2009, 10:13   #138
Senior Member+

I can't really comment on Halliwell, as he had next to nothing to do on Tuesday night. He did have one catch to make, which he dropped, but it was hammering down with rain and the ball was like a bar of soap....lol

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kempson at Halifax today.
Old 19-07-2009, 20:30   #139
Senior Member+

The triallists Luke Powell and Gary King played together for Lincoln Reserves against Forest back in April when Luke Powell did a trial at Lincoln.

Lincoln City | News | Latest News | Latest News | Trialists On Show For Reserves

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 16:31   #140
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

On fishy site.....Squad news
Tuesday 21st Jul 2009

Kempson and Kee sign deals
John Coleman is set to make two new additions to the squad this evening, with defender Darran Kempson and striker Billy Kee both agreeing deals.

Central defender Kempson will be joining us for a third spell, having previously had loan spells here while with Preston North End and Shrewsbury Town in 2004 and 2008 respectively. This time the 24 year old has agreed a permanent one year deal after leaving Wrexham this summer.

Meanwhile 18 year old striker Billy Kee is set to join on loan from Championship side Leicester City, initially until 1st January. The Northern Ireland U19 international has recently signed a one year extension to his contract at the Walkers Stadium after netting almost 50 goals for the youth and reserve team in the last two years.

Both players will be available to play in our pre-season friendly at Radcliffe Borough this evening. Last night a mixed side won 1-0 at Heswall with Sean McConville scoring the only goal of the game
Old 21-07-2009, 16:57   #141
God Member

Smile Re: Players Sign Up

Liked Kempson when he was with us last and am hopeful that he can do the job that Charnock (Well at least 75%) did for us last season . Kee seems to be the deal of the season on paper!! So lets hope he is.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 19:25   #142
Senior Member+

What happened to the goalkeeper we signed on non contract terms last season - take it he has left the club.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2009, 19:58   #143

you meen zak hibbert he is now at southport
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2009, 23:51   #144
I am Banned

I, too, am pleased to see Darren Kempson return . . with, surely, a great deal more experience which will complement his natural ability.

But how about young Billy Kee?

The lad was completely new to me, but having scored a hat-trick within hours of joining the club I think he'll do just fine!
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 00:37   #145
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Morton View Post
I, too, am pleased to see Darren Kempson return . . with, surely, a great deal more experience which will complement his natural ability.

But how about young Billy Kee?

The lad was completely new to me, but having scored a hat-trick within hours of joining the club I think he'll do just fine!
Yes but this was against a team of Unibond quality, how will he fare against league opposition, I hope like you he is a success

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 23-07-2009, 09:03   #146
God Member

Read on teletext this morning that the young keeper from Spurs that Coley mentioned he was interested in (Button I think) has signed for Crewe - another one bites the dust.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 12:33   #147
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Yes but this was against a team of Unibond quality, how will he fare against league opposition, I hope like you he is a success
Well his first touch alone should give him a good head start in this league. Kee also (unlike most of the young players we bring in on loan) has some weight to him, and for a short fella wins quite a few headers.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 12:52   #148
God Member

he put a good challenge in on their keeper (14/15 stone?) in the first few minutes. He went up fair and square, kept his arms down and won the header against the keepers outstretched fists. The keeper won the free kick even though it was he who jumped into Kee (and lost).

Like a shorter and fitter version of Evil but with a bit more talent
Old 24-07-2009, 11:46   #149
Senior Member+

According to Observer, Coley is looking at offering a deal to Gary King and Sam Russell. Even looking to bring in possibly more players! Great if we can both - Goalie problem solved possibly

Old 24-07-2009, 17:52   #150
Senior Member+

whats happened to the greg blundell interest?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..