Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2009, 15:26   #1
God Member

Players Sign Up

...or agree to sign, or in negotiation, or expected to sign in next week.

http://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk

Yep, same news as we've heard in the press for some time really.

Out of all the names mentioned, only four are contracted players for 09/10 (Miles, Mullin, Mullin and McConville)

Why such delay in putting pen to paper when deals are agreed?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-06-2009, 15:28   #2
Resting In Peace

Re: Players Sign Up

Quote:
Meanwhile the manager is still in negotiations with Chris King, James Bell and Leam Richardson.
Why on earth is the manager in negotiations with James Bell, why waste any money on him ? If his name wasn't Bell there wouldn't be any negotiations taking place.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 17:01   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
...or agree to sign, or in negotiation, or expected to sign in next week.

http://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk

Yep, same news as we've heard in the press for some time really.

Out of all the names mentioned, only four are contracted players for 09/10 (Miles, Mullin, Mullin and McConville)

Why such delay in putting pen to paper when deals are agreed?
They would say it's about keeping their options open.

We offered a squad player a new contract in February but he was dithering...so it was withdrawn. He's since left and signed for somebody else. So.... , but at least we know what is needed.

Players seem to think they hold all the cards. However with the numbers looking for a contract has the pendulum swung the other way?

Great to see we play each other on Boxing Day. A return to a good old fashioned derby game at the festive time!

Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 18:12   #4
Full Member+

Well, If "the manager is in negotiations with Chris King" then I for one wouldn't know who to believe.....

Having just been on the P.F.A. (sorry,haven't got a link!!) list of transfer listed players about 5 mins ago, a Christopher King of A.S.F.C. is listed on their ( P.F.A.) available players list for free transfer????

Incidentally, There are quite a few young goalkeepers on their available list, recently released by Premier league clubs. Admit that wages will always be an issue and can the Club still attract these players to come an play at Stanley.??

Quite interesting to read some of the other names listed....Pawel Abbott listed as available free....,probably wants top dollar wages, however somebody will get a bargain there!!

If Coleman is supposedly looking at bringing in some of the players that the fishy site is listing and the contract negotiations and deals supposedly signed / agreed are to be believed, then maybe, just maybe there is hope that next term won't be the apocolyptic struggle that I've been dreading!!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 18:25   #5
God Member

Chris King is a free agent - his contract ends/ended this month so he has every right to be listed as a free transfer. But many players would prefer to stay where they are than move somewhere else for little or no difference. But it was stated somewhere (Observer?) about a month ago that the sticking point would be the reduced basic and increased appearance money that he was offered in lieu of having missed 5 months of this season. Without having set the world alight here, and only having the Welsh team on his recent CV he would probably struggle to get a good deal elsewhere - unless he went part time and got a job! Good defender though so I hope he signs.

Pawel Abbott? If you've got a bit of money to throw around he would be worth signing as he does tend to bring a decent price in transfer fees (£125k, £150k and £100k in his last three) so you'd look for a decent half season from him and then hopefully sell him in January. But as Darlo had a reputed £2.9m wage bill last season and he would have been one of the better earners I think that the likes of us wouldn't even pick up the phone! I wouldn't be surprised to see Morecambe start spending a bit though and maybe they'd be looking at him?
Old 17-06-2009, 19:07   #6
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Although King Kenny is going to sign for Dale ,am i right in thinking hes still a stanley player until the end of the month?? if so can't we make him a better offer and try and keep him..just athought

Last edited by mab; 17-06-2009 at 19:11.
mab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 19:29   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Although King Kenny is going to sign for Dale ,am i right in thinking hes still a stanley player until the end of the month?? if so can't we make him a better offer and try and keep him..just athought
I would love the club to try that - in the wake of recent events - but I would feel that Kenny is a man of his word and if he has said he is going.....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 19:40   #8
Full Member+

any news on Jimmy Ryan ?
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 19:46   #9
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Chris King is a free agent - his contract ends/ended this month so he has every right to be listed as a free transfer. But many players would prefer to stay where they are than move somewhere else for little or no difference. But it was stated somewhere (Observer?) about a month ago that the sticking point would be the reduced basic and increased appearance money that he was offered in lieu of having missed 5 months of this season. Without having set the world alight here, and only having the Welsh team on his recent CV he would probably struggle to get a good deal elsewhere - unless he went part time and got a job! Good defender though so I hope he signs.

Pawel Abbott? If you've got a bit of money to throw around he would be worth signing as he does tend to bring a decent price in transfer fees (£125k, £150k and £100k in his last three) so you'd look for a decent half season from him and then hopefully sell him in January. But as Darlo had a reputed £2.9m wage bill last season and he would have been one of the better earners I think that the likes of us wouldn't even pick up the phone! I wouldn't be surprised to see Morecambe start spending a bit though and maybe they'd be looking at him?

according to our local paper today Sammy is "talking" with 2 strikers. We don't know who they are though.
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2009, 11:36   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Why on earth is the manager in negotiations with James Bell, why waste any money on him ? If his name wasn't Bell there wouldn't be any negotiations taking place.
Maybe that's the negotiation. They want him to play for free!!??
Local Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2009, 11:57   #11
Full Member+

LT today Procter has agreed deal but not yet signed. Darlington showing interest in Luke Joyce
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2009, 11:59   #12

looking **** realy no players hav put pen to paper realy untill the end of this june so all players are looking are thats off some one close to the club . the take over could go under before it starts so ff get in there.
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2009, 12:05   #13
Full Member+

Don't know bout that, Grimps, but I'd expect the first target would be a keeper
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2009, 12:08   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
any news on Jimmy Ryan ?
Jimmy Ryan, Phil Edwards, Pete Murphy, Bee Ami, Andy Procter, Bobby Grant and Chris Turner have all agreed deals with the club.

I (and I'm sure a few others) would just like to know why there's such a delay in them actually signing on the dotted line. Is the club letting their contracts run out before beginning new ones or something?

Answers on a postcard...
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2009, 17:21   #15
God Member

Smile Re: Players Sign Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Jimmy Ryan, Phil Edwards, Pete Murphy, Bee Ami, Andy Procter, Bobby Grant and Chris Turner have all agreed deals with the club.

I (and I'm sure a few others) would just like to know why there's such a delay in them actually signing on the dotted line. Is the club letting their contracts run out before beginning new ones or something?

Answers on a postcard...
Not sure Shaker, but I would think that you are correct..... If new contracts are less - as we have been told - then they will not sign up until they have to. Makes sense to me...

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..