Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-06-2009, 18:41   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Players Sign Up

Radio Lancashire reported this afternoon that Procter had signed a new deal today.
Old 19-06-2009, 08:43   #17
Resting In Peace

In today's Observer it says that Jay Bell has refused a new contract, THANK GOODNESS
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 10:33   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
In today's Observer it says that Jay Bell has refused a new contract, THANK GOODNESS
KARMA sent.
Old 19-06-2009, 12:16   #19
God Member

Smile Re: Players Sign Up

For those who think that its all jobs for the lads, well it is one in the eye Jay bell could quite easily have been picked more often to ensure he was paid more, but it looks like somebody has had the b**** to stick to their guns... Things are looking up at the moment in my opinion.....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 16:42   #20
Senior Member+

The thing is with Jay Bell hes an extremely nice guy but after refusing an offer from Accrington what is he going to do now? Tbh i dont think any league sides or even bsp will be after him? Maybe he thinks he will get signed up! He couldnt of been on alot of money this year so it must of been really bad for him to refuse the offer. But oh well, its not a huge loss!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 16:51   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
The thing is with Jay Bell hes an extremely nice guy but after refusing an offer from Accrington what is he going to do now?
His dad says, "He’s 20 years of age and wants to be playing first team football."
Good luck to him; I'm a bit more concerned about Leam.

Leam set to quit Accrington Stanley (From Lancashire Telegraph)

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 17:16   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
His dad says, "He’s 20 years of age and wants to be playing first team football."
Good luck to him; I'm a bit more concerned about Leam.

Leam set to quit Accrington Stanley (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Yeh same here Oggy, looks like the same contract for Chris King! Its a hard contract to take when its based on apperances etc! Especially with Liam having a few injurys! And Richardson is one id really like in the squad next year!!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 17:22   #23
God Member

The thing is, as a club we cannot afford to pay players to be injured for the majority of the season - that is a hard fact of life at Stanley (Life being the keyword!) Leam and Kingy are good players in my opinion, but did not do a great deal for us last season..

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 17:43   #24
God Member

I just hope that the club have obtained medical opinion on the players' ability to play 30+ games next season before offering them pay-as-you-play deals, rather than merely going off their injuries last season. To lose a player like Leam Richardson would be a massive blow, especially if he goes on to play League football next season for another club.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2009, 19:15   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I just hope that the club have obtained medical opinion on the players' ability to play 30+ games next season before offering them pay-as-you-play deals, rather than merely going off their injuries last season. To lose a player like Leam Richardson would be a massive blow, especially if he goes on to play League football next season for another club.
ya mean there is other opinions besides erics?
Old 19-06-2009, 22:46   #26
God Member

Quote:
I just hope that the club have obtained medical opinion on the players' ability to play 30+ games next season before offering them pay-as-you-play deals, rather than merely going off their injuries last season. To lose a player like Leam Richardson would be a massive blow,
That's a good point Shakey, and I hope they do look at career history rather than just last season history. Unfortunately for Leam his career history isn't great neither. In four full seasons with us he has managed 119 games so that gives him an average of 29.75 games and he has pretty much been first choice if available.

I like Leam a lot but we can't afford to carry anyone anymore, for that reason alone Leam would be on my transfer list. And for the same reason Cav.

I can't find any real history on Chris King other than 141 games in 6 years for TNS, but there is no break down as to how many per season - he may not have broke into the team for 3 years and then played 47 games a season for the next 3 years. But just off his performances last year and the fact that he had one injury that kept him for the rest of the season after 27 straight games, I'd like to have ensured we keep him.
Old 20-06-2009, 14:57   #27
Junior Member+

Come on guys let's sort this one out. We'll need every bit of quality next season in order to survive and progress and there's no doubt LR has the quality. And up until last season, his injury record was pretty good.

Surely the new management can find a few £ from down the back of the sofa to improve the terms, if not the principle of the deal a bit? And for Leam's part i hope the paper talk is just brinkmanship and that he'd be prepared to compromise too if the club showed some goodwill.

(i normally only lurk on the forum but i'm really concerned about this one)
Nolberto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009, 17:48   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
any news on Jimmy Ryan ?
Believed to have been offered a 2 year and significantly better contract at your club. Certainly has not signed for ASFC although contract offered. Would be a big loss but money talks.
red robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009, 18:32   #29
God Member

Jimmy Ryan has agreed a new deal with Stanley.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2009, 19:40   #30

Quote:
Jimmy Ryan has agreed a new deal with Stanley.
But he hasn't signed anything and he's been offered less money than last year.
red robbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..