Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2006, 09:29   #16
God Member

Re: Programmes

24cm X 17cm weight is 91g hope this helps

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-08-2006, 09:51   #17

The club only produce 1,200 copies of the programme, which is a load of pap full of spelling, grammatical and general errors anyway, and obviously there were 2,500 MORE supporters than programmes. It didn't help that certain people were buying 20, 25 and 50 at a time - clearly non-supporters or either team, and someone is selling copies on Ebay for £20 - what a joke!

Boycott Ebay, and buy directly from Chester City FC for the cover price. I'm sure you have the details on how to do that already, but see our official website for more information - http://www.chestercityfc.net

I hope you all enjoyed your day yesterday, regardless of the result, but to me it seems you're going to struggle with the strength and style of the division IF you continue to play like that. However, it is of course very early days yet! We had ten new signings on the field, with only the Chairman's son (our "captain" and probably our weakest link) starting from last season's team. I thoguht we bossed the first 20 minutes but once we took the lead we let you back into it although I personally felt you didn;t really test our 'keeper.

We seem to be a typical Mark Wright side, very strong at the back with big defenders who look difficult to beat, and we'll be relying on set pieces and narrow wins for most of the season! We won;t concede many but I don't think we'll be taking games 4-0 and 5-0. It has to be said that not ALL teams in the division play like we did yesterday, and there are more cultured sides who knock the ball around well - Wycombe for one. The four teams who have come down from League One will probably be the same. However, teams do need strength in key areas of the park and if you can start winning individual battles you will have a decent season.

As I say, very early days yet so most of my comments are probably pointless but there you go. Enjoy the season.

P.S. I understand one or two weren't quite happy with the entrance prices yesterday. A word of warning, we are just about average for the division.
Mancot Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 10:02   #18
God Member

cheers for the comments on Sky yesterday. Cheeky gets asking Chester fans to be complimentary about the opposition.

Good luck for the rest of the season and we'll see you at Cardiff in May.
Old 06-08-2006, 21:10   #19

Heh, funnily enough I was one of those Chester fans! The younger lad, not the old bloke!!
Mancot Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 21:21   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H
24cm X 17cm weight is 91g hope this helps
Thanks for the info. Karma on its way. I reckon the envelope will push it over 100g so, according to the Post Office site, that means a 50p stamp for 2nd class. Chester's site (http://www.chestercityfc.net/article...nley-Programme) gives the address as:

Chester City Football Club
Saunders Honda Stadium
Bumpers Lane
Chester
CH1 4LT
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 13:47   #21

[quote=Mancot Blue]The club only produce 1,200 copies of the programme, which is a load of pap full of spelling, grammatical and general errors anyway, and obviously there were 2,500 MORE supporters than programmes. It didn't help that certain people were buying 20, 25 and 50 at a time - clearly non-supporters or either team, and someone is selling copies on Ebay for £20 - what a joke!

Saw a guy in the car park after the game with half a dozen in his hand, boasting how much he was going to make.

Is it possible to go on ebay & tell people they're £2.50 + p&p from Chester?

On that basis, I hope we're getting enough printed for tomorrow. If dealers turn up just to buy the programmes, what about only selling them inside the ground? That would boost the gate receipts as well.

Last edited by Ashley's Dad; 07-08-2006 at 13:54.
Ashley's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 13:49   #22
God Member

Hope your watching this thread Rob and maybe setting a limit of how many can be bought

www.ubuntu.com

Old 07-08-2006, 13:53   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Dad

Is it possible to go on ebay & tell people they're £2.50 + p&p from Chester?
Theres nothing to stop you, do it as a 1p start free postage, state clearly it is just an information link, you should grab everyones attention. Don't forget though the offer is only open if you contact the club before Wednesday
Good luck with it

www.ubuntu.com

Old 07-08-2006, 14:58   #24
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H
Hope your watching this thread Rob and maybe setting a limit of how many can be bought
The more programmes the Club sell the more profit goes to the Club, why not print loads of them and if there are any left the Club can put them on ebay.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 15:40   #25

Chester programme turned up this morning. How come a postcard from abroad doesn't arrive as fast ?
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:38   #26
God Member

got a letter back today with the cheque returned as they have sold out of the re-print of the programme!!

Now trying to get hold of one on ebay as i collect programms got all from last season and would like to have the same again but doesnt look good
Old 10-08-2006, 11:40   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins
got a letter back today with the cheque returned as they have sold out of the re-print of the programme!!

Now trying to get hold of one on ebay as i collect programms got all from last season and would like to have the same again but doesnt look good
You can have mine if you want. I've read it! PM me if you're interested.

Last edited by Redash; 10-08-2006 at 13:23.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 19:13   #28
God Member

mine arrived today as well. sweet:engsmil:
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..