Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2013, 12:13   #16

Re: Relegation rivals results

York getting a win at the Cobblers is making me look slightly over my shoulder. A defeat, as expected, would have left them a little bit adrift. I think it's going down to the wire....my ticker cannot be doing with this.
Old 14-04-2013, 12:22   #17
God Member

if it goes down to the last game against oxford that would be eerie
Old 14-04-2013, 12:33   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstanley asfc View Post
Will we get that point??
yes. Ian Dunbavin will be substituted on for a sent off Rachubcap. 10 man Stanley will equalise in injury time from a corner and it will be the one armed Dunbavin who will have his Jimmy Glass moment. 600 Clayton Enders will invade the pitch in ecstatic celebration and subsequently receive 3 year banning orders.

League 2 games will be played behind closed doors next season
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 12:42   #19
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
yes. Ian Dunbavin will be substituted on for a sent off Rachubcap. 10 man Stanley will equalise in injury time from a corner and it will be the one armed Dunbavin who will have his Jimmy Glass moment. 600 Clayton Enders will invade the pitch in ecstatic celebration and subsequently receive 3 year banning orders.

League 2 games will be played behind closed doors next season
Sod it!! I'm on the pitch as well, if it happens like you describe it!!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 19:15   #20
Senior Member+

Torquay and Plymouth leading
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 19:23   #21
Senior Member+

No favours from Paul Cook tonight; losing 2-0 at home to Plymouth!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 19:26   #22

Don't want to be the merchant of doom, but they way the results keep going for the bottom clubs, it is quite possible that we could be bottom going into the final game.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 20:13   #23
Senior Member+

Southend winning at Aldershot...
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 20:25   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Don't want to be the merchant of doom, but they way the results keep going for the bottom clubs, it is quite possible that we could be bottom going into the final game.
As things stand, Aldershot won't overhaul us with 2 games left. I think they can be written off, but as it stands, a point of Saturday against the Pirates will see us safe I believe.
smobile likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 20:43   #25
Senior Member+

Sack the snake Chesterfield - if they cannot beat a team like Plymouth, they don't deserve to get a chance of promotion.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 20:56   #26
Senior Member+

Aldershot can still get out,
they have Dagenham at home which you would expect them to win,
but then they have Rotherham away, and Rotherham will be desperate for the win to take the last automatic playoff place.

AFC Wimbledon should have it easier, they play Gillingham at home which you would expect them to win with Gillinghams minds on league 1.
And Fleetwood away, but it looks as if Fleetwood wont make the play offs

Barnet have it easier, home to Wycombe although Wycombe have found some form of late. Northampton away last game, which you would expect them to be able to get a point from.

York have Southend who are doubtful for the playoffs at home, and dagenham with nothing to play for away.

Torquay have morecambe away, and Bristol Rovers at home, you would expect them to find 3 points from one of those games putting them on 52.

Encouraging for Stanley, Bristol Rovers look further away from the play offs and there hopes of getting promoted are over.
Old 16-04-2013, 21:08   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Aldershot can still get out,
they have Dagenham at home which you would expect them to win,
but then they have Rotherham away, and Rotherham will be desperate for the win to take the last automatic playoff place.

AFC Wimbledon should have it easier, they play Gillingham at home which you would expect them to win with Gillinghams minds on league 1.
And Fleetwood away, but it looks as if Fleetwood wont make the play offs

Barnet have it easier, home to Wycombe although Wycombe have found some form of late. Northampton away last game, which you would expect them to be able to get a point from.

York have Southend who are doubtful for the playoffs at home, and dagenham with nothing to play for away.

Torquay have morecambe away, and Bristol Rovers at home, you would expect them to find 3 points from one of those games putting them on 52.

Encouraging for Stanley, Bristol Rovers look further away from the play offs and there hopes of getting promoted are over.
How do you work out Dagenham have nothing to play for ? Lose their last 2 games and they could join Aldershot
Old 16-04-2013, 21:13   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
How do you work out Dagenham have nothing to play for ? Lose their last 2 games and they could join Aldershot
I was wondering about that Dave. Dagenham are on the same points as us.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 21:31   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Gillingham only need a draw against daggers to be Champs though.
Old 16-04-2013, 21:40   #30
Senior Member+

I still believe 51 should be enough, thus I wouldnt expect Dagenham to be playing with to much pressure

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..