Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2013, 21:42   #31
God Member

Re: Relegation rivals results

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Gillingham only need a draw against daggers to be Champs though.
They can still go down getting at point at Gillingham. All down to the last game
Old 16-04-2013, 21:44   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I still believe 51 should be enough,
You'd think so but the results at the bottom over the past few weeks have been anything but predictable.
Old 16-04-2013, 21:54   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
They can still go down getting at point at Gillingham. All down to the last game
Yeh point i was making should be a bit easier fer em to get summat outa the game,Like davo i think 51 should do it, only thing though is anyone can beat anyone in Div2 on their day, The league is that tight this season, so can see yer point as well dave.
Old 16-04-2013, 21:58   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yeh point i was making should be a bit easier fer em to get summat outa the game,Like davo i think 51 should do it, only thing though is anyone can beat anyone in Div2 on their day, The league is that tight this season, so can see yer point as well dave.

With the results that have happened over the past few weeks I reckon not only will it go down to the last game, it will go down to injury time in one of those games
Old 16-04-2013, 22:03   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
You'd think so but the results at the bottom over the past few weeks have been anything but predictable.
Squeaky bum time! So difficult to predict results at this time of year, especially in this league this season. I think Aldershot will occupy one of the places and at the moment, the other place is too close to call, especially looking at remaining fixtures with so many games having a real bearing on places at top and bottom of division.

I think a team will be relegated with 51 points, so not time to relax just yet.

Given how many teams are involved in relegation struggle and looking at points totals (there's not that much between relegation and playoffs) just shows what a competitive league it's been this year.
cashman likes this.

Last edited by Jeg Red; 16-04-2013 at 22:05.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 22:26   #36
Full Member+

Quote:
Aldershot can still get out,
they have Dagenham at home which you would expect them to win,
but then they have Rotherham away, and Rotherham will be desperate for the win to take the last automatic playoff place.
I think the Shots are doomed.Personally, I only see a point in total being their return from both games for Aldershot. Two games against sides desperate for points for differing reasons. And they're (the Shots ) woefully out of form.

Quote:
AFC Wimbledon should have it easier, they play Gillingham at home which you would expect them to win with Gillinghams minds on league 1.
And Fleetwood away, but it looks as if Fleetwood wont make the play offs.
Personally, if I was a Womble..... I'd be worried.

Gills will want to wrap the title up. Needing one point, I think they'll want it wrapped up to enjoy their last game, which presumably is at the Priestfield. I'd imagine they'll have a decent following at that game too.

As for their game against Fleetwood, I can't see Alexander or his loaded chairman being too happy for some of their lads just to roll over. I think the Fleetwood lads will be playing for their futures, as I'd expect the Cod botherers to be splashing some cash around in the summer.

So, as with the Shots, I'd be surprised if Wimbledon get anything more than a point from their final two games.And their horrendous goal difference is a big handicap at this stage of the reckoning.

Quote:
Barnet have it easier, home to Wycombe although Wycombe have found some form of late. Northampton away last game, which you would expect them to be able to get a point from.
Another side who will be very worried. More so after losing a crunch game tonight. Although their final games have more of an air of unpredicatability than any other side's final fixtures.

Wycombe ....not a lot to play for. Mathematically safe, they may relax for the Barnet game, who knows???

As for Barnet's game against Northampton.... Whilst the Cobblers may be desperate for a win to get them into the end of season lottery, they are a side bang out of form. Limping towards the finishing line. Again, I wouldn't like to call the outcome.

So, on that evaluation, I think Barnet might come out with three points from one of those games.

Quote:
York have Southend who are doubtful for the playoffs at home, and dagenham with nothing to play for away.
Now a week or two ago, I'd have said they looked Conference bound. They hadn't won in something like 15 games. Though they seem to have woken up to the alarm bells.

I think the Minstermen will stay up. I can see them getting three, or possibly four points from their final two games.

Quote:
Torquay have Morecambe away, and Bristol Rovers at home, you would expect them to find 3 points from one of those games putting them on 52.
The Gulls might just get away with it. Id agree, they'll probably find a result in one of their final two. They're playing two sides with not much to play for other than pride.

The Gulls winning tonight will have given them a shot in the arm and renewed vigour. And again I think they'll pick up a win from their last two games.

As for Stanley....I think we need a point to make sure we get safe, three from the last two will make sure mathematically and six points, well that should be Leam's ( & the lads aim )

So on that reckoning, I'm saying ( optimistically ) we'll be safe with 52 points and the Shots will be joined by either Wimbledon or Barnet.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 22:32   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
I still believe 51 should be enough, thus I wouldnt expect Dagenham to be playing with to much pressure
I see. Hope you're right that 51 points will be enough. But I think and hope that Stanley can get more points.
ianray likes this.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 23:01   #38
Senior Member+

FWIW....

Forget it, trying to be clever but my attempt to paste a bit of Excel screwed up

Last edited by Chimer; 16-04-2013 at 23:03. Reason: Cockup
Chimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2013, 23:10   #39
Senior Member+

Most agree that Aldershot are gone but after that, even Plymouth could go if the crazy results keep happening but all will be sorted come Saturday at 4.45 MAYBE.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 00:37   #40
Full Member+

What happens if we get beat about 4-0 at Bristol on Saturday and the others around us win?! Can someone please reassure me as i'm feeling a bit nervous about all this.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 01:56   #41
God Member

there's still plenty of possible ways up or down, we could win and still go down we could get beat and be assured of staying up barring a heavy goals turnaround. I think what screws it up for these last two games is the absence of those around us playing each other.

There's probably a 90% chance that we go into the last game still unsure - should put a few on the gate!
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 05:28   #42
God Member

So many permutations but the only one that matters is looking after what we do four points or six points from our two remaining fixtures and the main thing is destiny is in our own hands.

The way we have played and results gained I certainly would not write us off at the Gas on Saturday be happy with a point but why not all three?
Outback Ozzy and smobile like this.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 08:31   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
I still believe 51 should be enough
Believe?? And here's me thinking you were interested only in facts!
DAV007 likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 10:55   #44

I think a point would be an ok result because:

If we get a point Aldershot can't catch us.

If we get a point and Barnet lose, both Barnet and Aldershot can't catch us.

If we get a point and Wimbledon lose, they can only get to level points with us, and their goal difference is much, much worse.

The same goes for York and Torquay, but their goal difference is much better.

But, if we win I reckon we'll be safe because all four of Torquay, York, Wimbledon and Barnet would need to win for us to need to get a result in the last game.

I reckon we're very nearly there!
Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2013, 12:07   #45
Full Member+

Sorry Potter , nice idea but too many IFs for me . I will just wait to see what happens this Sat at Bristol , then look forward to Sat wk against Oxford and keep my fingers very tightly crossed. Then all being well , we remain in Lg 2.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..