Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-04-2013, 16:08   #1
Senior Member+

Relegation rivals results

Plymouth conceed late vs Burton
Aldershot also fail to pick up any points
AFC Wimbledon get a point
York manage a win

Good set of results for Accy
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-04-2013, 16:09   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Relegation rivals results

Forgot to mention,
Aldershot and Plymouth both play on Tuesday
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 16:19   #3
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=DAV007;1053005]Plymouth conceed late vs Burton
Aldershot also fail to pick up any points
AFC Wimbledon get a point
York manage a win

Good set of results for Accy[
/QUOTE]

Not quite Chicken counting time yet though Dav ??.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 16:21   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Forgot to mention,
Aldershot and Plymouth both play on Tuesday
Also the Torquay v Barnet game postponed today is re-scheduled for Tuesday

All games in hand

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2013, 18:44   #5
Senior Member+

Daggers back in the mix big time, with Aldershot and York to play. Winning either or both of those helps us, losing both leaves them on 51 - better GD than us but we should be good for one more point at least .....
Old 14-04-2013, 02:34   #6
Senior Member+

and torquay will have had three days less rest due to the changed game

didnt see the york result happening today though!
Old 14-04-2013, 07:12   #7

Good fun, this!
I have looked again and again. I am sure that 51 is enough, in fact i was sure that the 48 we had before friday would be enough (not so sure now though)
York's results have been very good lately which puts our draw there last week in perspective. On the other hand Torquay and Wimbledon have suddenly lost their way.
Wimbledon would have been looking for 3 points yesterday and will be despondent after only getting a draw. Next week they are away at gillingham with fleetwood at home last day. I don't see them winning either game
Torquay's postponement will have raised the anxiety of both them and Barnet. Tuesday's rearranged game is must-win for both teams. I think whoever loses that will go down

As for us, 6 points from the last 2 games SHOULD leave us safe, but then again.....
shadsworthcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 08:30   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadsworthcloud View Post
Good fun, this!
I have looked again and again. I am sure that 51 is enough, in fact i was sure that the 48 we had before friday would be enough (not so sure now though)
York's results have been very good lately which puts our draw there last week in perspective. On the other hand Torquay and Wimbledon have suddenly lost their way.
Wimbledon would have been looking for 3 points yesterday and will be despondent after only getting a draw. Next week they are away at gillingham with fleetwood at home last day. I don't see them winning either game
Torquay's postponement will have raised the anxiety of both them and Barnet. Tuesday's rearranged game is must-win for both teams. I think whoever loses that will go down

As for us, 6 points from the last 2 games SHOULD leave us safe, but then again.....
If we were to get those 6 pts, Should is not the word CAN'T.
Old 14-04-2013, 08:36   #9
Resting in Peace

No doubt Stanley would have been well safe if Coley had come back as DAV007 wanted
DAV007 likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 09:24   #10
Resting in Peace

Latest form table:-

English League Two 2012-2013 Full Form Table - statto.com
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 10:25   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

If that trend continues Redraine, looks grim fer the wombles.
Old 14-04-2013, 10:48   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadsworthcloud View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
If that trend continues Redraine, looks grim fer the wombles.
Except that every chance Fleetwood have had to do us a favour hasn't happened ................they've lost at Aldershot, Barnet and Plymouth, so a win at Wimbledon isn't a given .......................
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 10:50   #13
Full Member+

We can't seem to shake our relegation rivals off,We win they win, we draw they draw! Looking at Friday's win it was vitally important after Saturday's results,and especially York's win at promotion chasing Northampton! Being pessimistic i can't see us getting anything at Bristol Rovers therefore it'll go down to the last day with us needing 1 point to secure our league place. Will we get that point??
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 10:58   #14
Full Member+

BBC Sport - Football League: Battle to stay in League Two

"League Two clubs receive around £665,000 from TV money and Premier League handouts each year.Compare that to the meagre TV funds available in the Blue Square Bet Premier. In the 2010-11 campaign, home sides received £5,000 and away teams £1,000 if their game was screened live."

Yet some seem to think that Stanley would be better off in the conference?
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2013, 11:06   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstanley asfc View Post
We can't seem to shake our relegation rivals off,We win they win, we draw they draw! Looking at Friday's win it was vitally important after Saturday's results,and especially York's win at promotion chasing Northampton! Being pessimistic i can't see us getting anything at Bristol Rovers therefore it'll go down to the last day with us needing 1 point to secure our league place. Will we get that point??
Have to disagree yon Sats results were not bad at all fer us. I will also be surprised if we get owt at Bristol, But personally don't think that will matter.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..