Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2012, 20:04   #31
Junior Member+

Re: rovers games / two games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
If this means we have to sit down I will not be attending. What a balls up! On second thoughts, hpw on earth are they going to tell the Rovers fans from us if we don't wear our colours? No funny answers, please Dave!
That's what I thought re: the segregation.
JUANTAYLOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-07-2012, 20:11   #32
Senior Member+

Ill be in the Clayton End tomorrow, Sod em
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2012, 20:14   #33
Super Moderator

As the chickenheads will already be on the ground from the codheads match, it's pretty obvious that anyone turning up at the Clayton End turnstiles for the second match is a Stanley fan, colours or no colours. Nevertheless, I'll be rolling up at the Clayton End at 2.45 as usual. If I'm turned away, I'll be going back to the pub. No way I'll be sitting down in the main stand!
Old 20-07-2012, 22:16   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
As the chickenheads will already be on the ground from the codheads match, it's pretty obvious that anyone turning up at the Clayton End turnstiles for the second match is a Stanley fan, colours or no colours. Nevertheless, I'll be rolling up at the Clayton End at 2.45 as usual. If I'm turned away, I'll be going back to the pub. No way I'll be sitting down in the main stand!
Same here, if refused access to me usual position, they can shove it were the sun don't shine. I DO NOT go to sit down n the clayton end is the stanley end. I will certainly have me red scarf as well.
Old 20-07-2012, 22:22   #35
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Same here, if refused access to me usual position, they can shove it were the sun don't shine. I DO NOT go to sit down n the clayton end is the stanley end. I will certainly have me red scarf as well.
Yeah, I thought that's what you might say!
Old 21-07-2012, 08:13   #36
God Member

Quote:

You won't have a problem
Old 21-07-2012, 08:21   #37
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Logistically there are 2 sets of away fans and only one set of turnstiles. I'm sure that will be the official reason.

My personal opinion is that it is a directive from the SK bodyguard group to keep the Rovers fans as far away as possible from any contact with last years Premier League Manager Of The Year
Think you've got that half right Dave he was only Manager of the year in the Dingle Dome
Old 21-07-2012, 08:22   #38
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
If this means we have to sit down I will not be attending. What a balls up! On second thoughts, hpw on earth are they going to tell the Rovers fans from us if we don't wear our colours? No funny answers, please Dave!
If it were Burnley it would be easy the Dingles are the ones with 6 fingers on each hand, give us six
Old 21-07-2012, 08:25   #39
Resting in Peace

At the end of the day I think it will be nothing to do with Stanley what so ever, it will be a police directive, police get rather touchy when local fans meet up, they always go OTT
Old 21-07-2012, 08:34   #40
Full Member+

I don't know what the fuss is about?? Its a pre season friendly against a local club whom I know for fact from the plenty of fans I drink with have Stanley in there heart and always look for the results. If I can't get on to the Clayton End I will go into the Main Stand and just walk round. Do you think the Rovers fan who comes to Stanley when Rovers are away and sits in the same spot in the Main Stand is going to go into the Clayton End I think not.

Its a nothing game which will bring a bit of cash into the club, its a nice day at last which should swell the crowd a bit more whom are attending to watch a bit of football, but once again someone at the club puts the Stanley fans last with there short sighted ideas to which I'm very disappointed.
Old 21-07-2012, 08:39   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgaz182 View Post
I don't know what the fuss is about?? Its a pre season friendly against a local club whom I know for fact from the plenty of fans I drink with have Stanley in there heart and always look for the results. If I can't get on to the Clayton End I will go into the Main Stand and just walk round. Do you think the Rovers fan who comes to Stanley when Rovers are away and sits in the same spot in the Main Stand is going to go into the Clayton End I think not.

Its a nothing game which will bring a bit of cash into the club, its a nice day at last which should swell the crowd a bit more whom are attending to watch a bit of football, but once again someone at the club puts the Stanley fans last with there short sighted ideas to which I'm very disappointed.
The fuss Gaz is a matter of principal, I prefer to stand n in me own end,
Old 21-07-2012, 08:42   #42
Full Member+

Quote:
The fuss Gaz is a matter of principal, I prefer to stand n in me own end,
I meant there is no fuss as in I'm goin ont Clayton as per usual Cashy
Old 21-07-2012, 08:49   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
At the end of the day I think it will be nothing to do with Stanley what so ever, it will be a police directive, police get rather touchy when local fans meet up, they always go OTT
Nowt to do with the fans meeting up. Segregation for a friendly at Stanley is not the norm.
Old 21-07-2012, 08:59   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Nowt to do with the fans meeting up. Segregation for a friendly at Stanley is not the norm.
Its not often you get 3 sets of fans at one ground in one afternoon, but as I say the police always go OTT, as we both know from local derbies, something that never happened years ago when there were 50,000 plus at both Ewood and the Turf for these matches
Old 21-07-2012, 09:03   #45

Is it also true that if you don't want to watch all the fleetwood match you can't get in until 2 pm. I was thinking of going on about 1 o clock to see the second half of Fleetwood game, but on Fishy site says gates open at 11 o clock then again at 2 o clock. Completely different story than I was told previously,even the seating arrangement, get your act together Stanley. The left hand doesn't know what the right is doing
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..