Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-07-2012, 11:43   #61

Re: rovers games / two games

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Just their whole attitude in general, felt sorry for their young lads and new signings to be honest.

I'm sick of Rovers fans being lambasted for having a go at Venkys and Kean many Rovers fans have vowed not to but money into Venkys until they get out of our club therefore yesterday was an opportunity to vent their feelings towards Keen (whose absolutely useless ignoring all his other short comings) while putting money in Stanleys coffers

I agree to some degree that it can't help the team but there was plenty of support throughout both games.

Like all fans we are all passionate about our clubs and we will still be there when the Manager and Owners have moved on is it so wriong to have a passion for your club even if in your view it's misdirected
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-07-2012, 12:42   #62
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedman2003 View Post
I'm sick of Rovers fans being lambasted for having a go at Venkys and Kean many Rovers fans have vowed not to but money into Venkys until they get out of our club therefore yesterday was an opportunity to vent their feelings towards Keen (whose absolutely useless ignoring all his other short comings) while putting money in Stanleys coffers

I agree to some degree that it can't h elp the team but there was plenty of support throughout both games.

Like all fans we are all passionate about our clubs and we will still be there when the Manager and Owners have moved on is it so wriong to have a passion for your club even if in your view it's misdirected
Kean's going nowhere and Venky's are going nowhere (and Rovers are going nowhere! ).

Time to start supporting your hometown club perhaps?
Old 22-07-2012, 13:05   #63

Supported Rovers since 1975 and not going to change my loyalties now although I do get down the Stanley too
Old 22-07-2012, 13:28   #64

Quote:
Supported Rovers since 1975 and not going to change my loyalties now although I do get down the Stanley too
We used to regularly eat at a fantastic restaurant, but then it changed hands. The service and the food were awful. The new owners didn't give a stuff, so we found other, nicer places to eat - simples!!!!!!
Old 22-07-2012, 13:53   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owd Bob View Post
We used to regularly eat at a fantastic restaurant, but then it changed hands. The service and the food were awful. The new owners didn't give a stuff, so we found other, nicer places to eat - simples!!!!!!

My likes and dislikes re food have changed over the years but once a Rover always a Rover and I'm sure that sentiment applies to the majority of genuine fans whoever they support. RTID
Old 22-07-2012, 13:57   #66
Super Moderator

Quote:
My likes and dislikes re food have changed over the years but once a Rover always a Rover and I'm sure that sentiment applies to the majority of genuine fans whoever they support. RTID
Sad really to see so many Accringtonians neglecting their hometown club to support a club from another town.

What price local pride and loyalty?
Old 22-07-2012, 14:16   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Sad really to see so many Accringtonians neglecting their hometown club to support a club from another town.

What price local pride and loyalty?

Born in Blackburn live in Accy - supporting the same club for 37 years thats not loyalty!! and as I previously said I also go on Stanley
Old 22-07-2012, 14:26   #68
Super Moderator

Quote:
Born in Blackburn live in Accy - supporting the same club for 37 years thats not loyalty!! and as I previously said I also go on Stanley
Everyone from the area's born in Blackburn these days, since Rough Lee closed, aren't they? Makes no odds, you're from Accy, you should support Stanley.

I said LOCAL loyalty. You should be Stanley til you die, never mind about "going on".
Old 22-07-2012, 14:59   #69

Quote:
Everyone from the area's born in Blackburn these days, since Rough Lee closed, aren't they? Makes no odds, you're from Accy, you should support Stanley.

I said LOCAL loyalty. You should be Stanley til you die, never mind about "going on".

I do support a local club when I started going to Ewood in 75 they were in the old 3rd division (and yes I know thats where we may end up with Venkys in ownership of our club) at that stage Stanley were probably in the Lancashire Combination and therefore there was no contest in terms of who to support. If I supported Spurs or Chelsea or another club miles away then your argument would be more meaningful. Be realistic Stanley are always going to struggle to be the 1st team for established Rovers and Burnley fans and be grateful that we also choose to spend our money at the Stanley
Old 22-07-2012, 15:13   #70

if you were born in great harwood do you have to support great harwood wellington ?
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2012, 15:20   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddevil2006 View Post
if you were born in great harwood do you have to support great harwood wellington ?

depends if it's the nearest pub to were you were born!! if not then clearly the Harwood mafia will be paying you a visit to tell you the error of your ways!!!
Old 22-07-2012, 15:21   #72

any way lets get back the thread, according to the BBC website, rovers last game was a win against fleetwood town, and next game is against rochdale on the 25th, no mention of accy 1-0 win ,is it that embarracing to them
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2012, 15:23   #73
Super Moderator

Quote:
I do support a local club when I started going to Ewood in 75 they were in the old 3rd division (and yes I know thats where we may end up with Venkys in ownership of our club) at that stage Stanley were probably in the Lancashire Combination and therefore there was no contest in terms of who to support. If I supported Spurs or Chelsea or another club miles away then your argument would be more meaningful. Be realistic Stanley are always going to struggle to be the 1st team for established Rovers and Burnley fans and be grateful that we also choose to spend our money at the Stanley
You know perfectly well that by local I meant hometown, so don't try the old semantic sleight of hand stuff. You want me be to be "grateful" to the likes of you, a traitor who has so little regard for his hometown that he won't support the town club? What do you expect me to do, bow and scrape and say "thank you"? Your arrogance knows no bounds!

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 22-07-2012 at 15:26.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2012, 15:35   #74
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddevil2006 View Post
Facetiousness doesn't become you!
Old 22-07-2012, 15:42   #75

Quote:
You know perfectly well that by local I meant hometown, so don't try the old semantic sleight of hand stuff. You want me be to be "grateful" to the likes of you, a traitor who has so little regard for his hometown that he won't support the town club? What do you expect me to do, bow and scrape and say "thank you"? Your arrgance knows no bounds!

So everybody has to support their hometown club thats an interesting concept. Stanley theselves have acknowledged in the past that geographically they are in need of Rovers and Burnley to support Stanley as their 2nd team and its evident thats what does happen. So although clearly you would like me to be disloyal to BRFC and adopt Stanley as my first club (which isn't going to happen)would you prefer me not to financially support ASFC at all or to have it as my 2nd club. I'm not sure Stanley are in a position to decline my gatemoney or is your money more valuable than mine.

I take if somebody lives in Blackburn or Burnley or any other town outside of Accy then you and your parochial friends will be maning the baracades and telling them that they are not welcome at the Stanley and they must retun to their town of residence and support their town team

god forbid that I ever move to Burnley!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..