Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2009, 22:00   #61
God Member

Re: Stanley Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Is this your 'subtle' way of suggesting the club should use your store as a merchandise outlet???
Nope, already been made clear we aren't suitable
Old 23-12-2009, 22:05   #62

You have a devious mind Kiwi John. If only others were as talented, and then acted on what appears to be an eminently obvious move for the good of the club and prospective customers.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2009, 23:04   #63
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
You have a devious mind Kiwi John. If only others were as talented, and then acted on what appears to be an eminently obvious move for the good of the club and prospective customers.
Common sense still seems to be in short supply wi some things sherry.
Old 24-12-2009, 05:33   #64
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Nope, already been made clear we aren't suitable
You're "not suitable"? Can't think of any outlet in town which would be MORE suitable. A well-run, attractive outlet staffed by a diehard Stanley fan and another person who is sympathetic to the cause...already proved their worth by what they did in the SOS campaign... a prime town centre location, right by the bus stop for the service up to the ground. It's perfect!

Which numpty made this decision?
Old 24-12-2009, 06:06   #65
God Member

kind of odd , its obvious Lancsdave has a working internet connection , and he seems to have more of a business accumen than the site shop .........two years later after my original post on this site about on-line sales I would still like to buy a "replica shirt " and have it shipped to my grandson in Germany and pay for it with a visa/mastercard card issued in the US ........why is this so difficult ?

P.S, my Grandson is presently playing football wearing an Adelaide United FC shirt , courtesy of another accy web member
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 11:46   #66

does anybody know if the store is open today?
Old 24-12-2009, 12:06   #67
God Member

Closed

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 17:12   #68
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Closed
Brilliant. Absolutely soddin' brilliant. Closed on Christmas Eve, at the time when shops are full of people looking for gifts. And they can't even buy any Stanley stuff in town because Dave and Stanleymad's store (which I'm sure was open today like any reasonably run retailing outlet) is deemed "not suitable".

Things are improving at Stanley, but they've still got a long way to go!
Old 24-12-2009, 19:23   #69
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
You're "not suitable"? Can't think of any outlet in town which would be MORE suitable. A well-run, attractive outlet staffed by a diehard Stanley fan and another person who is sympathetic to the cause...already proved their worth by what they did in the SOS campaign... a prime town centre location, right by the bus stop for the service up to the ground. It's perfect!

Which numpty made this decision?

Sorry if my statement was misleading, we have never been officially told that, we are working on assumptions. Offering the club free space, free staff and and a no-commision sale basis with no take up can only lead to one assumption. Strangely enough the club were more than happy to have conversations about it when we had something they wanted earlier in the season.

We are but a minnow in the world of corporate relationships. We couldn't even afford to sponsor a match. However I can assure you that if we ever get big enough to do that it's not the first place we will go to. I know there's a history of bad form between the club and local businesses.I can see why now.

Some people will be reading this and calling me bitter but as the person who was working until 11pm on the Friday night before the first game of the season to make sure the team had the correct kit to play in, I do feel a tad annoyed at being used.

It annoys me even more when I see lost income to the club ( even if it's only a couple of quid ) yet thousands of people made every effort possible to make sure those odd few quid helped save the club. If the club doesn't want every penny it can earn then all that effort by all those people was wasted.
Old 24-12-2009, 19:26   #70
God Member

Quote:
(which I'm sure was open today like any reasonably run retailing outlet)
We were one of the later shops to close at 4pm, been very busy, only a couple of requests for Stanley stuff today though
Old 24-12-2009, 19:30   #71
Super Moderator

Quote:
only a couple of requests for Stanley stuff today though
What?...she only asked twice for her Christmas pressie?
Old 24-12-2009, 19:34   #72
God Member

Quote:
What?...she only asked twice for her Christmas pressie?

Noooooo, she just had to go and get her own because I was busy. I was thinking of buying her a new shirt but couldn't find anywhere to get one today
Old 24-12-2009, 19:42   #73
Super Moderator

Quote:
I was thinking of buying her a new shirt but couldn't find anywhere to get one today
...which isn't surprising, as now that Ossy Mills Broadway branch don't have a Stanley section, there's absolutely nowhere to buy our stuff in town. Unbelievable!

In all seriousness, Dave, I think your longer post above well illustrates the lack of commercial acumen that still persists at the club. I hope Ilyas reads this and kicks some backsides!
Old 24-12-2009, 19:49   #74
God Member

Quote:
Sorry if my statement was misleading, we have never been officially told that, we are working on assumptions. Offering the club free space, free staff and and a no-commision sale basis with no take up can only lead to one assumption. Strangely enough the club were more than happy to have conversations about it when we had something they wanted earlier in the season.

We are but a minnow in the world of corporate relationships. We couldn't even afford to sponsor a match. However I can assure you that if we ever get big enough to do that it's not the first place we will go to. I know there's a history of bad form between the club and local businesses.I can see why now.

Some people will be reading this and calling me bitter but as the person who was working until 11pm on the Friday night before the first game of the season to make sure the team had the correct kit to play in, I do feel a tad annoyed at being used.

It annoys me even more when I see lost income to the club ( even if it's only a couple of quid ) yet thousands of people made every effort possible to make sure those odd few quid helped save the club. If the club doesn't want every penny it can earn then all that effort by all those people was wasted.
Dave, great post! You and your good lady, did plenty in our "Hour of need" yet this seems to have been forgotten??? Thanks for what you have done and I hope to see the club, take on board your offer!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2009, 20:06   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Dave, great post! You and your good lady, did plenty in our "Hour of need" yet this seems to have been forgotten??? Thanks for what you have done and I hope to see the club, take on board your offer!!!

We don't want singling out, my good lady especially ( I think you meant Mel but I was confused by the term lady ) just wants to see the club do well.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..