Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2013, 20:34   #16
Full Member+

Re: The Au-revoir Oxford Thread !!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
No argument from me Stonewall penalty in my book, Murphy was just very clumsy. Twas opposite end of ground, but i'd said penalty before the ref pointed.
I wouldn't class that challenge as clumsy Cashy.

Idiotic, mindless, reckless, stupid, amateurish. For me you can take your pick from any of those words. Like you, from where I was sat in the Clayton end of the main stand, I was just gobsmacked about the sheer stupidity of that challenge.

Also his passing was woeful for the entirety of the game. I don't really rate Murphy and his performance today only emphasised why I'm of that opinion.

Too many players failed to put any effort in today. "Dead Rubber" it may have been. Too many players looked like they weren't interested with their minds elsewhere. Probably thinking about if they'd packed everything in their suitcases for their Jollies.

Only players to come out of that game with any credit for me...Linganzi, ( who was rightfully named M.O.M. ) Boco, who never stopped running and Joyce who tried very hard alongside Linganzi.

I can understand the thinking behind blooding young Dawber, but Leam may have been better served by throwing him on if we'd been winning the game.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-04-2013, 20:37   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

To be honest carpon, i wouldn't shed any tears if he moves on. I'm of the same opinion as you.
Old 27-04-2013, 20:57   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
Also his passing was woeful for the entirety of the game. I don't really rate Murphy and his performance today only emphasised why I'm of that opinion.
Since he replaced the very effective Hunt at right back, he has been woeful.
Im unsure about Murphy.
He has the right attitude and determination to make it as a football league player, but he lacks the concentration and consistency.

Next season may be make or break for the lad.
I doubt there are any other league teams who would want him on his current form and ability.

12 months is a long time, he has improved alot since his first appearance for Stanley, and lets hope next season Murphy blossoms into a grounded football league player who is going places.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 21:14   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Rachubka felt his groin at half time, so that explains the substitution. According to leam on fishy.
Old 27-04-2013, 21:32   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Since he replaced the very effective Hunt at right back, he has been woeful.
Im unsure about Murphy.
He has the right attitude and determination to make it as a football league player, but he lacks the concentration and consistency.

Next season may be make or break for the lad.
I doubt there are any other league teams who would want him on his current form and ability.

12 months is a long time, he has improved alot since his first appearance for Stanley, and lets hope next season Murphy blossoms into a grounded football league player who is going places.
Agree he has right attitude n determination, its his ability i am questioning? also reckon next term will be make or break, cos i doubt there will be any takers at this point. I really hope he can turn the corner, but wouldn't put brass on it.
Old 27-04-2013, 22:53   #21
Senior Member+

Typical end of season game,but again no one has given Oxford any credit.
They are a good team,and in rigg,potter,smalley and constable have a front four as good as any team.
Good solid back four and two tough centre mids and there keeper was excellent.
Anyone who thought they would roll over must be bonkers!.
We were very disjointed and couldn't get going,although we contained them easily for long periods.
Linganzi was our stand out player in possession,but his misplaced pass caused the first goal and it killed us.
Molly's free kick that sailed over the clayton end (with plenty to spare!),summed up our afternoon,
The second goal was a pen,Murph just got the wrong side of him,and the third was a joke,at least five yards offside.
Doesn't matter though, Acci are safe,unlike poor Barnet
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2013, 23:31   #22
Full Member+

To be brutally honest regarding Murphy, It's not like he's a young kid learning the ropes. He's what can be regarded as a seasoned "professional", i.e. he's had more than enough time ( and chances ) to prove his worth.

Wrong side or not F19, are you advocating that what he did was his only option ??? I didn't see what he ( for me...inexplicably ) did as being the last option, i.e. bundle their forward to the deck and give a very avoidable penalty away !!!

I can't fault the lad for effort. This game is about opinions, mine is, that, despite his effort, Murphy is not League 2 Standard.

You can't carry passengers, whatever level you play the game at. Sadly, I think Murphy is out of his depth at L2 level.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.

Last edited by carpon; 27-04-2013 at 23:37. Reason: Dodgy spelling !!!
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 01:05   #23
God Member

Murphy seemed quite decent at centre back, wasn't terrible at centre mid but has scared the beejeezus out of me at right back.

Like others I rate his effort and determination and he is as close to a club man as we have got. Depending on his salary expectations he is a stayer for me. You've got to have versatility and you've got to have versatility, balance to the squad. And just like Moly, he has chipped in with some crucial goals this season.

There are players I'd play in front of him but if he is accepting of a squad role and having to win his place then its a definite thumbs up
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 01:18   #24
Full Member+

I bet this lot wish they were bemoaning their teams mundane performance in a meaningless match yesterday. Davids rues Bees relegation | Barnet Football News, Fixtures, Results, Table | Sky Sports
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 05:04   #25
Senior Member+

I think this game more than any showed that molly has been playing for himself and not the team.

He's caught the eyes of scouts and seems to have done enough to ssecure a move away. He was rubbish. Fair enough it is the end of the season game but he's been far too selfish with his passing when he has had the ball. This has been a running saga throughout the year with him.

Amin, rommy, Joyce put in a very solid shift. Murphy was very unlucky at times and at times poor.

I just hope next season they can retain some of the more team players though sadly I do think Amin and rommy have played their last games for accy as have a few others. It would be unfair to leave rachubkas name out as he's come in and aside from a few games been very good too.
Old 28-04-2013, 06:37   #26
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
So how come hes been a substitute fer a good few games before today? He seemed ok on pitch pre-match.
He was less "injuried" than Dawbs and we felt it was better to Bavs on bench rather than nobody. Also saved money in bringing another loanee in to just sit on the bench!! Method in the madness!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 06:42   #27
Senior Member+

Not so long since Murph was being hailed as our star player (York Game) a bad performance and outcome the hatchets, Oxford were a better team on a day when points were irrelevant although with the bad tempered aggression shown one would have been forgiven thinking it was a do or die match, M.O.T.M. Amine Linganzi has been a revelation since his first game for us and I would be amazed if we could hold on to him
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 07:30   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
Not so long since Murph was being hailed as our star player (York Game) a bad performance and outcome the hatchets, Oxford were a better team on a day when points were irrelevant although with the bad tempered aggression shown one would have been forgiven thinking it was a do or die match, M.O.T.M. Amine Linganzi has been a revelation since his first game for us and I would be amazed if we could hold on to him
Rubbish whilst he scored the vital equaliser at the death n was clattered early doors, he was far from a star player at York. In fact we remarked twas the first time we ever heard the opposing fans cheering n opposition player!! n that was quite a few times when he cocked up.
Old 28-04-2013, 07:58   #29
Senior Member+

Well my two pence worth....

As others have said we where well beaten, but you know what for the first time this season (apart from the JPT Game) I wasnt actually that bothard. Our final game was last week really and the players looked like they knew it too.

Murphy, Liddle & Podge where all very poor agreed.

Oxford are alot better team than their league position suggests and for me,will be Top 6 next season.

Had a great night in the clubhouse after the match, was brilliant to see all the players in there with Leam and the staff. Their team spirit seems top notch and after chatting with Hatfield, Beattie and Molyneux they all wish the season was starting now!!

I can only hope Leam can keep the majority of the lads together, as for me, (not including yesterday) , we could be a top 8 side.

Now....... when are the fixtures out
Greeny and football19 like this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 08:25   #30
Senior Member+

Agree 100% smudgie,at last some praise for a bloody good Oxford team,who really should be at least in the play-offs,our fullbacks had there hands full because they were up against two class wingers in Rigg and Potter
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..