Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-04-2013, 16:11   #46

Re: The Au-revoir Oxford Thread !!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Not in terms of the display.... No.

BUT with the state Rovers are in, many football fans in the area are looking for an alternative. The two I brought yesterday said exactly that.
This for me is the key.....leaflet drops round the Darwen/Ewood area would be a useful start. We have to look at the wider area seeing as the town itself will never be interested....at least not enough to soley sustain the club.

Also Rossendale and the Ribble Valley are areas of 60,000+ people where we are the nearest football league club.

Let's sell it as "Real Lancashire Football" free from the primma donnas and extortionate prices that permeate the upper echelons of the game.

We are unique in that we are the only football league club that still retains the friendliness and gritty realism of non-league. That's our selling point to a neutral.
Old 28-04-2013, 16:20   #47
Super Moderator

Been banging on about this for ages...thanks to the antics of the chicken farmers, new areas of opportunity have opened up for us! I was having a pint in Blackburn while changing trains on my way back from a match recently; the landlord told me he was a lifelong but disillusioned Rovers fan who'd gone with his lad to the Stanley a few times and was now going to get season tickets, as they'd enjoyed it so much...and that was before the new low prices were announced!
There's lots of potential fans out there - let's go for 'em!
cashman and smobile like this.

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 28-04-2013 at 16:25.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2013, 20:31   #48
Senior Member+

SEEN AND HEARD IN MY BARBERS IN CLITHEROE !!

(This recent quote from HIM brought it to mind )

"
Me Barber is rovers fan n well brassed off, Me mate that comes wi me is a big mate of his n is gonna work on him "...

( Daz the customer to Monty, my Chef de Coiffure ).....

"Now repeat again once more just for meMonty...'Forget the Blues support the Reds'..'Forget the Blues...support the Reds'...and when you've rung that charming Mr Heys for your Season Ticket I'll kiss you and give you your Cut-throat back !"

(The name and Address of this Gentleman's Hairdressing Emporium willingly supplied to any interested party for a small fee !) .

Wynonie Harris and cashman like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 12:19   #49

Did you know something when you named and started this thread yonmon?
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 17:49   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Did you know something when you named and started this thread yonmon?
Well it wasn't too difficult to work out really ( For one who relishes hypothetical conspiracy theories !).
FIRSTLY Cook leaves ..SECONDLY..The Directors of Chesterfield and Stanley agree to leave Leam where he is until the end of the Season, when he will within three days become the Deputy Viper of the Spireites...MEANWHILE.. Stanleys erstwhile Manager and his Assistant are seen, and reported to be in constant and closer than ever contact with all that is happening at 't'Storefirst'...THEN..Chesterfield give the boot to Tommy Wright ( Who if reports spoke true was practically beloved of his Manager !) and other Backroom Staff at Chesterfield !..
NOW.. The circle is completed as Leam disappears into the sunset which is great unknown of Football Management today !..

AND SM ! ( and you're not going to believe this I know!)...all this came to me in a dream last Friday Night !!....which must have influenced my post somewhat.
Now isn't life strange !.

Last edited by yonmon; 30-04-2013 at 17:54.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..