Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2023, 16:39   #31
God Member

Re: The (early) Mansfield thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
I know that I'm a grumpy old Dinosaur.... But honestly, I want to see better than the abysmal display masquerading as a game of Football which I was unfortunate enough to witness this afternoon.
Like I said ,QUO VADIS STANLEY ?.
That is to lay at the management,s door.
Watchdog likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-09-2023, 18:03   #32
Full Member+

Final Result.
Accrington Stanley Pub Football team 0 - 3 Mansfield Town FC
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 18:04   #33
God Member

Can’t disagree with any of the earlier observations. Mansfield were well-drilled, got into space to make themselves available for passes, and finished their few chances.
Stanley, yet again, looked listless and like few knew what to do with the ball, other than give it to the nearest player whether he was already marked or not. They started ok but had lost the game after Mansfield’s second goal.
But then nothing changed in the second half, until it was way too late.

Thought (for once) Brett Ormerod summed it up well after the game - Stanley tried to play “off the cuff” whereas Mansfield played to a plan.

Such a massive difference and disappointment from Tuesday night’s performance.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 18:15   #34
Senior Member+

Cool Re: The (early) Mansfield thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Can’t disagree with any of the earlier observations. Mansfield were well-drilled, got into space to make themselves available for passes, and finished their few chances.
Stanley, yet again, looked listless and like few knew what to do with the ball, other than give it to the nearest player whether he was already marked or not. They started ok but had lost the game after Mansfield’s second goal.

Thought (for once) Brett Ormerod summed it up well after the game - Stanley tried to play “off the cuff” whereas Mansfield played to a plan.

Did Brett say that ?...Well good for him !
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 19:15   #35
Senior Member+

Stanley looked like a lower mid table League 2 side. Their general play was good League 1 standard. Their finishing was at least Championship.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 19:21   #36
God Member

Question Re: The (early) Mansfield thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post

Substitute,s 1st 67 mins enforced due to knock, 2nd 77 mins Adeyoin for Coyle apart from the obvious why take a central midfielder off for a " striker" why not one of the attacking midfielder,s and go 2 upfront 3rd and 4th at 3-0 nil down 90+3 minutes pathetic really unless John isn't has tactically nous has some fellow manager,s or he thinks the subs aren't really up to it
Watchdog likes this.
Old 09-09-2023, 19:27   #37

...picked a good one to forget to set alarm for...Guess I've done my dash for thread starting..have to wait until tomatoes are planted...
yonmon and pifco like this.
Kiwi Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 19:42   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Substitute,s 1st 67 mins enforced due to knock, 2nd 77 mins Adeyoin for Coyle apart from the obvious why take a central midfielder off for a " striker" why not one of the attacking midfielder,s and go 2 upfront 3rd and 4th at 3-0 nil down 90+3 minutes pathetic really unless John isn't has tactically nous has some fellow manager,s or he thinks the subs aren't really up to it
Apart from Brad Hills, who has obviously benefitted from excellent coaching from his early years up to the present time, the weakness that stood out for me in the rest of the team, particularly in midfield ,was the inability to perform the basic skills of control, passing and
tactical awareness to any advantage. Mansfield must have thought that Christmas had arrived early by virtue of the present they were gifted !.
Talking of the poor performance of our so-called Captain and the rest of the midfield... i wonder if we will ever see any semblance of a desire to attack the opposing defence from them and , wait for it , actually shoot a ball at goal ?. ( A treat we fans can only dream of ever watching ?).
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2023, 20:55   #39

Quote from the manager before todays game;
"Our home form cost us last year, we didn’t get our home form or our style of play right"
Stanley 0 - 3 Mansfield - So nothing's really changed.
From a chairman happy to be in L2, to a manager who's run out of ideas but is still guaranteed the job even if we drop into the abyss.
Where's the ambition? Where the pride?
After today, I fear mid-table obscurity is a very optimistic forecast.
cashman, Greger, yonmon and 2 others like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 07:24   #40
God Member

Angry Re: The (early) Mansfield thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Ref. is Ross Joyce, I am sure he has not been kind to us previously, though I may have Cashy's glasses on

My glasses were not wrong

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 07:32   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Time for substitutes methinks ?.
The entire midfield are absolutely useless going forward...and we are desperately in need of a goal right now !.
Like I say we need a leader !.
My good friend, I feel you are a tad hash

Shaun Whalley - as always - gave 100% and never stopped running.

Jack Nolan was OK.

Seamus, was Seamus

Coyle had an off day - to say the least....

Do not know what has happened to Tommy.......

Old 10-09-2023, 07:40   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi johnny View Post
starting this one early as i've had all sorts of trouble logging in and its been suggested that i start a thread to get my 'new' account in gear. My old account along with passwords etc, disappeared into cyber space and opening a new one wasn't as straight forward as it should be. Anyway, stanley for three points i'm thinking.
%*&^£^%*^"*&^!"$£^*(^$^*^$%&*

Kiwi Johnny likes this.

Old 10-09-2023, 08:10   #43

Quote:
%*&^£^%*^"*&^!"$£^*(^$^*^$%&*

..X by 3 and add 'Grumpy' Sunday coming up..
pifco likes this.
Kiwi Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 08:18   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Ref. is Ross Joyce, I am sure he has not been kind to us previously, though I may have Cashy's glasses on

yer spot on val hes always been useless.
yonmon likes this.
Old 10-09-2023, 09:32   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Quote from the manager before todays game;
"Our home form cost us last year, we didn’t get our home form or our style of play right"
Stanley 0 - 3 Mansfield - So nothing's really changed.
From a chairman happy to be in L2, to a manager who's run out of ideas but is still guaranteed the job even if we drop into the abyss.
Where's the ambition? Where the pride?
After today, I fear mid-table obscurity is a very optimistic forecast.
Well I sit near Andy Holt and he certainly didn't look happy yesterday 7 games gone 10 points into negative goal difference already anywhere else after last season and if after 3 more games this season if there isn't any sign of improvement even the seemingly unsackable duo must be ready to face the consequences nobody his bigger than the club and I,m not saying a new face will turn it around but I,m beginning to fear the worse.
Watchdog likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..