Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2023, 12:14   #61
God Member

Re: The (early) Mansfield thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Straw clutching maybe Exile, but if we got and scored a penalty, it is a different game at 1-2

Not pointing any fingers - at a young lad especially - but at 0-0, Josh had a good chance with a header - it went wide, that goes in and we take the lead, again a different game

I understand fully, if, if, if, but it does have a bearing on things...

J.R.B. was booked early - and correctly, I thought.

The lad who scored the 'wonder goal' made a much more aggressive, two footed attempt - missed our lad thankfully, nothing at all was done!!!

J.R.B. was targeted from that card on, throughout the game.

Some say good game management, some say cheating?!?!?!

There is not a person on this planet who can convince me that 3-0 was a true reflection of yesterday

Nice to read a voice of reason instead of doom, gloom & outright panic in some other posts
StanleyJosh likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-09-2023, 12:58   #62
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Bob !.. *

Have you noticed that this thread is almost a facsimile of those which we used to label
" IF " notices in the early days of our Forum ?.
'If' Josh's header had gone in the Goal !
' If' the Referee knew what he was supposed to be doing ?..and had he allowed Shaun's trip/fall/ foul and awarded a penalty !.
' If' the Substitutions at 97 minutes + had, questioning the Mangers strategic nouse,
been made earlier ?.
'If' Stanley had scored 4 goals ?
And, I noticed, an ' If ' from me !.' If Stanley just had a midfield which might go forward for once and then create just one chance in a game '?

Then one wouldn't need to think something which we might think is unthinkable !.."IF the Management Team don't create a situation soon which will allow the Reds to play some football ,then their seemingly well-protected tenure might well become a thing of the past ?"....
" IF" my meandering is seen as harsh and unfeeling towards our team, then put it down to
another trip through my dotage !. All I ask for is something better from the Club which I
have watched, followed , and admired for so long .

See you around Bob.. Keep singing !
“If”…..Malcolm McDowell….1969!

Last edited by choirboy; 11-09-2023 at 13:00.
choirboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 12:58   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Nice to read a voice of reason instead of doom, gloom & outright panic in some other posts
AccyMad, fans will always see life through a glass 'half-full' or 'half-empty' mindset
And after a heavy home defeat, you're bound to get more pessimism than optimism.
We're all here on this forum because we love the club and whether it's positive or negative, all opinions are valid.
After Saturday, there's a genuine fear that we're in a downward spiral and no one wants to see last years experience repeated.
It's all very well wearing 'rose-tinted' specs, but it's not going to change a 3-0 home defeat - or win a game of football.
Watchdog likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 13:38   #64
Full Member+

rarely post on here any more, but after typing and deleting a few paragraphs I'd thought better of posting . . . I've come to the conclusion that this shall be my two penn'orth given the realms of what can be construed on social media . . .

Perspective. Humans see what they want to see.

2 striker substitutions made in the 95th minute when 3-0 down!!!!! BEHEAD THE KING!!!

or

2 substitutions ready to come on (waiting for appropriate time to make the change, e.g not defending corner etc) with still approx. 18 minutes of football left (circa 87mins with 15 mins added time) at 2-0 down.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 15:12   #65
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post

" IF "... Rudyard Kipling. Circa 1895 !. ( Perhaps a motivating battle cry at the next Training session for the Reds ?).

Not to mention " If " David Gates. 1971 !.. ( Great song ?)
choirboy likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 15:22   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
" IF "... Rudyard Kipling. Circa 1895 !. ( Perhaps a motivating battle cry at the next Training session for the Reds ?).

I knew that you would come up with the real goods Yonmon.
You couldn’t resist my tempting titbit though!
The film in 1969 starring Malcolm McDowell was bonkers!
Old 11-09-2023, 15:24   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 19:38   #68
Full Member+

Quote:
Bob !.. *

Have you noticed that this thread is almost a facsimile of those which we used to label
" IF " notices in the early days of our Forum ?.
'If' Josh's header had gone in the Goal !
' If' the Referee knew what he was supposed to be doing ?..and had he allowed Shaun's trip/fall/ foul and awarded a penalty !.
' If' the Substitutions at 97 minutes + had, questioning the Mangers strategic nouse,
been made earlier ?.
'If' Stanley had scored 4 goals ?
And, I noticed, an ' If ' from me !.' If Stanley just had a midfield which might go forward for once and then create just one chance in a game '?

Then one wouldn't need to think something which we might think is unthinkable !.."IF the Management Team don't create a situation soon which will allow the Reds to play some football ,then their seemingly well-protected tenure might well become a thing of the past ?"....
" IF" my meandering is seen as harsh and unfeeling towards our team, then put it down to
another trip through my dotage !. All I ask for is something better from the Club which I
have watched, followed , and admired for so long .

See you around Bob.. Keep singing !
Our owner, who has pumped in millions of £s into both the club and the community must be suffering some serious disappointment after witnessing last seasons pub football and then repeated again Saturday last against Millwall.
Lets hope he has money to burn in keeping us propped up.
Watchdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2023, 20:56   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
Our owner, who has pumped in millions of £s into both the club and the community must be suffering some serious disappointment after witnessing last seasons pub football and then repeated again Saturday last against Millwall.
Lets hope he has money to burn in keeping us propped up.
Millwall?
Old 12-09-2023, 05:11   #70
Full Member+

Quote:
Millwall?
Thanks choirboy ...Mansfield.
Watchdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2023, 06:12   #71
Senior Member+

Oops! Mansfield should have had a penalty?
https://www.skysports.com/football/n...newport-county
MikeA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2023, 00:27   #72
Senior Member+

First time watching Stanley for six years, don't know the players but one thing which stood out a mile was the way Stanley used the long high ball 90% of the time, you can't control a ball in the air you simply move it on which gives the opposition all the time in the world to cover you. Where are the players who move the ball around on the ground? The "footballers" who control the game, Stanley are, unfortunately sadly lacking in this department, they need two or three midfielders who can "run" the game, KEEP control, today Stanley looked a poor second.
cashman likes this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2023, 08:26   #73

Not a great performance by Stanley for sure. Luckily the season's not decided by one game but by 46.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..