Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2009, 22:16   #16
Senior Member+

Re: the first couple of weeks...

Ilyas Khan's a banker , he wears a bowler hat
And when he saw the Stanleys debt, he said I am paying that.....

He went into the court room, his cheque book in his hand

Now Illyas Khans our hero, he's Stanley through & through .... through & through

(My old mans a dustman)

Regards
Jase

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-11-2009, 23:04   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Ilyas Khan's a banker , he wears a bowler hat
And when he saw the Stanleys debt, he said I am paying that.....

He went into the court room, his cheque book in his hand

Now Illyas Khans our hero, he's Stanley through & through .... through & through

(My old mans a dustman)

Regards
Jase
Jase!!....This is so lyrical...and here's me thinking that it was Revived Red and myself who had the balladry, and metrical composition on our Forum well and truly cornered!!.

Alfred.E. and I ...and I'm quite sure Mr Ilyas Khan as well, are looking forward to your next venture into the realms of romantic Versification.!!.

AND..well done with the Wonderful flag which was presented to our great friends from Bury.F.C. A real Ultras gesture if ever i saw one!!.

'ON STANLEY ON...TO GREATER THINGS!!!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2009, 00:21   #18
Senior Member+

Iylas.
Thankyou for your update.
A few questions

The Eric Whalley to Dave O'neill share sale has become a pantomime and no realistic date seems likely for the transfer. I believe due to the prolonged nature of the sale/transfer and the current financial inability of Mr Oneill this is likely to go into next year if not next season.
Is there enough respect for yourself and Eric Whalley to sit down and arrange a deal for these shares/club ownership?
If Eric Whalley is unwilling to speak/negotiate with you; if a fans trust was to apporach him - do you think it may provide more fruitful?
I accept and support your plea for fans to support the current board members Rob Heys and Dave O'Neill; however you must understand neither of these men will be respected or trusted to the pre-tax fiasco status/levels.
If we could prevent Dave O'neill for taking majority ownership and ultimatly control of the club; negotiating with the current chairman Eric Whalley may be the best option for turning Accrington Stanley into a genuine community club.

Second question.
The club are set to release a new shirt and merchandise range. Most fans will desire to purchase the merchandise and team wear to support the club but are concerned the profits will go straight into the pockets of Dave O'neill.
Again I accept your request for support for Dave Oneill, but please understand his deceit/behaviour and financial mismanagement/cover up has left some fans questioning investing/spending further capital at the club as it may profit the man who went to court with no more than an oliver twist plea ('please sir can i have some more'(time)).
Are you able or when do you expect to be able to ensure all income streams are retained and re-invested in the club?

Third question.
The players betting scandal has left a blemish on the clubs infamous name.
We where promised a full internal investigation into the scenario to establish what had taken place. This investigation has never been released and rumours persist the problem was bigger and more wide spread than the original FA charge.
May I ask, are we ever likely to see a internal investigation released/briefed out the the fans?
What is your stance on players found guilty returning to play for the club?

fourth and final question

I fully understand you have been in your current role for a very short period of time.
But I wish to ask, what long term vision do you have for the current ground and its location?
Do you percieve a new stand as a realistic medium/long term goal?
Do you believe new stands/facilitys generate enough income to support a substancial investment?
DO new stadia justify the huge investment required in infastructure?
When you consider the clubs infastructure, is your understanding of long term 5, 10, 20, 50 years?

Thank you for your time and understanding.
Regards,
David.

p.s. I apologise for any spelling mistakes, my new born is keeping me up to the early hours and im not the most grammatically gifted.

Last edited by DAV007; 17-11-2009 at 00:27.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2009, 09:04   #19

good morning everyone. i am travelling today, but i just wanted to acknowledge the various questions that have not been answered. I will find the time tonight, or at latest tomorrow, to get in front of the laptop and come back to you. so i apologise for the delay. its just a bit logistically challenging today.

and that poem deserves a nobel prize !
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2009, 15:53   #20

OK - my first and last literary attempt - to the tune of God Save the Queen:

God save our Ilyas Khan
He's a true Stanley fan
Our saviour, our King

Stanley victorious
Happy and glorious
Long to reign over us
Ilyas, our King!
Preston Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2009, 16:49   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Iylas.
Second question.
The club are set to release a new shirt and merchandise range. Most fans will desire to purchase the merchandise and team wear to support the club but are concerned the profits will go straight into the pockets of Dave O'neill.
Again I accept your request for support for Dave Oneill, but please understand his deceit/behaviour and financial mismanagement/cover up has left some fans questioning investing/spending further capital at the club as it may profit the man who went to court with no more than an oliver twist plea ('please sir can i have some more'(time)).
Are you able or when do you expect to be able to ensure all income streams are retained and re-invested in the club?
DAV007 - Good post otherwise, but I still don't understand the point quoted, which you keep making in one form or another. If you buy something from the shop the money goes in the till against a receipt, or you write a cheque or validate a card transaction to the club. So how does this money, or gate money, or money spent in the bar or the Crown, transfer itself to the DON's (or anyone else's) pocket? He draws a fixed salary (presumably) as Ops Director for running the club on a daily basis, and if he does eventually get to own shares he could receive a dividend if one was ever declared (not happened in living memory As far as I know). Anything else would be theft, and presumably (hopefully) you're not suggesting that?

I've got no admiration for the DON's management over the eight week crisis, far from it, but you keep making this pocket-lining allegation which can only serve to put people off spending money to support the club, which is what it badly needs. I just don't understand ......
Old 17-11-2009, 18:05   #22
God Member

Smile Re: the first couple of weeks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
DAV007 -

I've got no admiration for the DON's management over the eight week crisis, far from it, but you keep making this pocket-lining allegation which can only serve to put people off spending money to support the club, which is what it badly needs. I just don't understand ......

The one thing that I am absolutely sure of now the PM & IK are onboard, is that every penny will be accounted for and will go where it should go!

Quote - Expat:-

Beyond that, David has put his focus onto the day to day running of the club. He makes all decisions there, and is the primary liason with both the Press and with internal staff. Rob works for him. This is the arrangement that was agreed, and i am pleased to say it works. Peter and I bring other qualities to the table, and as I think I said at the time of the funding going in, I shall bring my attention to bear on financial matters.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2009, 19:30   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
DAV007 - Good post otherwise, but I still don't understand the point quoted, which you keep making in one form or another. If you buy something from the shop the money goes in the till against a receipt, or you write a cheque or validate a card transaction to the club. So how does this money, or gate money, or money spent in the bar or the Crown, transfer itself to the DON's (or anyone else's) pocket? He draws a fixed salary (presumably) as Ops Director for running the club on a daily basis, and if he does eventually get to own shares he could receive a dividend if one was ever declared (not happened in living memory As far as I know). Anything else would be theft, and presumably (hopefully) you're not suggesting that?

OVER £100 grand was raised by the SOS yet only £96k went to the tax man.
Iylas donated £25k to the tax fund, it was never included.
There are other examples.
I have no faith in the David O'Neill or Rob Heys finacial management and wish to ask Iylas if he can guarantee any future purchases at the club will stay at the club.

Im sorry - but the points you have made are naive at best and happen in 'normal' companys in 'normal' circumstances. I find it difficult to accept the scenario you have provided has been happening at the club.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 14:30   #24

Still being a relative newby, I hope this is acceptable in this thread as there are 2 song suggestions already. It's not specifically Ilyas based, but without him we wouldn't be here!

To "Jingle Bells"
Chorus
Stanley Reds, Stanley Reds, we are here to stay.
Heading for a win today so don't get in our way-ay
Stanley Reds, Stanley Reds, shooting for the goals,
Knowing that we cheer them on with all our hearts and souls.

Beating on the drum, singing loud and clear.
Coley's boys all know we are always here.
Waving banners bold, in sun and rain and cold.
Ultras voices ringing out till full time is called. Oh,

Chorus.

Mmm - maybe you can use some of it.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 14:47   #25

Perhaps DAV007 the missing money was used to keep the club afloat and spent on the day to day running of the business, Not quite right if the money was given specifically to pay off the Taxman but a lot different to it being pocketed by David O'Neill.
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 15:51   #26
God Member

nice one Sherry
Old 18-11-2009, 16:45   #27
God Member

Smile Re: the first couple of weeks...

Nice little ditty that Sherry...

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2009, 18:11   #28

OK guys. here goes with some further clarification and hopefully answers. i will deal with the long post by dave0007. i dont know how to keep all your points in "sight" and still answer from the small box, so if i miss something, please let me know.

1. the eric whalley shareholding question is a bit borderline, but after having thought it through, i guess its fair game. You are correct in your assumption that there is no communication between myself and Eric. I cannot see that changing. As far as the resolution of the situation between him and David O Neil is concerned, I have taken the view that David will deal with Eric, and hopefully bring the matter to a successful resolution. As far as David is concerned, he went on the record two weeks ago and admitted that whilst he has secured a deal to buy whalley's shares, that deal has not yet been completed. I am not privy to all the details, and even if I were, I think it best to currently assume that it is a private matter, therefore I accept David's view that he will be able to complete within a short period of time. I know its a question on everyone's mind, but I have made it clear to David, and to everyone else, that I will look forward to welcoming the change in the register, since that is David's objective.

2. Your question about cash going into the club. I cannot talk about the past, but since I became chairman, each and every penny has been used for the club's benefit. Your question is awkward to answer beyond that, since I woudl be open to a charge of undermining the team if I suggested that i had doubts about this statement. I will therefore say that nothing i have witnessed or seen in the past two weeks has led me to believe that David or Rob or anyone else will do anything other than carry out their fiduciary obligations. I do note the continuing worries about the discrepancy between reported SOS and actual cash remittance, but I have accepted the club as its face value, and I would ask all others to do the same. More importantly, if anything goes awry in the future, then the buck stops here. I close this part by repeating that I honestly do not see anything wrong in the actions of anyone at the club with respect to cash management, and I think that Peter and David are with me in confirming that if anything ever was to go wrong, the culprit would be pursued with all the force and vigour that the law affords. I hope you and all fans will now start to see that we are a community club, and need not only your support, but your trust. Please judge us now by our actions, not by our words.

3. the question about betting/match fixing I am afraid is impossible for me to answer. A few other people have raised the same question, and all i can offer is the assurance that the matter has been dealt with. However you post reminds me to try and find out (for my own benefit) a few more facts. I think this issue is mercifully behind us.

4. I dont know of any plan other than to remain at the crown ground, so the infrastructure refit/rebuild has to be long term. In footy terms long term has to be 5yrs, and in some cases it might be more. There are so many things that need fixing (the ground itself and that awful slope), the stands, public facilities. I could go on. My priority right now is to repay debt, then focus on strengthening Coley's team, and then the other facility issues. I wish i could be more direct, but I hope that by easter I might be more definitive. IN the past I know that the club has over promised and under delivered. As a fan, rather than an owner, I want to restore that balance to the more healthy one of keeping our expectations in line with reality. I believe all directors are the same view.

Ilyas
Old 18-11-2009, 18:17   #29

On the share package I would like to say that I do (now) believe that the purchase is well worth the effort. I would never ever wish to persuade anyone that the shares themselves have intrinsic value. the truth is that they dont. the club's liabilitieis and ongoing challenges for capital mean that any independent valuation would mean that the shares have a minimal price. However, as we all know, equity in the club is valued by those who are attached to the institution, and if you do become a shareholder then I will always treat you - whether you have 1 share or 1000 shares - on an equal footing, with the courtesy and respect that you would deserve. Also, as I have said, I wish the club to start to take its obligations as part of the community more seriously. I dont wish to comment on whalley's efforts or intentions, but looking forward, we start with transparency of financial report.

I woudl also say that in addition, even though the shares may have no genuine financial value today, that might change in the future. the value of the squad could beecome very important, and, as you know, the value of the brand "accy stanley", when well run and respected, would be worth much more than the tangible assets.

i close by repeating that any purchase would be a worthwhile gesture of real support for the club, but please please do not buy the shares if you think the shares are worth an investment. Do it for love of the club, for support of the club, and with the total reassurance that all money will go to the club. I promise you that much. and who knows, if our team does well, and some Saudi Arabian trillionaire comes along, we might all feel a bit better !!

Ilyas
Old 18-11-2009, 18:37   #30

Good Evening Ilyas, Thank you for getting back to us all, but I am sorry to say that the "Share Issue Package" has yet to be clarified on the ASFC site. I appreciate that it is not something that you would deal with personally, but perhaps a word in the right ear may get it done and ensure that prospective buyers have a clear view of what they would be getting, as well as the pleasure of owning a little of their beloved club.
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..