Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-04-2023, 16:04   #16

Re: The Fleetwood game

Is it the players or the management? Devoid of a lot of elements of the game on that showing. Time to start preparing for next season in League 2.
Old 15-04-2023, 16:20   #17

John Coleman must bear the ultimate responsibility for our present position.
Too much reliance on the same underperforming players & incapable of changing his gameplan.
We could do worse than put Ged Brannan & Andy Gray in charge & base our team for next season on our successful under 23 squad.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2023, 16:30   #18

Just awful back to league 2.
Old 15-04-2023, 16:50   #19

Might get a trip to Wales as well, if Wrexham make it.
Old 15-04-2023, 16:59   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourth official View Post
Might get a trip to Wales as well, if Wrexham make it.
Since my last visit to Wrexham I've discovered that my Great Great Great Grandfather Tom Heath played for them in their first match in 1864. I knew my Dad's 2nd cousin Dave Gaskell kept goal for them in the 1970s.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2023, 18:12   #21
God Member

Words, at least printable ones, fail me after that first half performance.

Here’s a competition to take our minds of it….how many other teams in the EFL, nay the world, would have to wait for their captain to be left behind (correctly) in the changing room at half time before they showed a bit of fight?
keep the faith likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2023, 18:32   #22

How you can blame Sean for a first half showing we’re defenders in Sunday league don’t defend how we did shows how fickle an blame free to certain players certain fans are. One straight ball up to there striker to flick on to another striker who’s clean through on goal at least 9 times is defending you won’t see accross the country at any level of football. We conceded 5 an should have been 15. Add to that adedoyin who doesn’t like to run an Tommy Leigh despite his goal looking a yard of the pace all afternoon. Usually you get one player to come out of a game with credit but there was none from are performance today. Every player was miles below par. You’d like to hope for a reaction Tuesday but defend like we are an we won’t win any game of football.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2023, 18:58   #23
God Member

I certainly didn’t think any of the players or management came off with much or any praise but I’m referring to the kind of drive, fight, and grit that should be expected from a captain of a team that is in Stanley’s dire position.
Just haven’t seen it since Conneely got injured.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2023, 19:04   #24
Full Member+

Will feel a little better when we have a proper captain on the park... a leader, someone who will lead, guide and support the team. McConville doesn't succeed on any of these points.
Watchdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2023, 19:11   #25
Senior Member+

In response to Pidge’s comments perhaps only one Stanley player could have come out of that match with any credit…… Lukas Jensen. IMHO but for him it could have been double figures.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2023, 19:50   #26
Senior Member+

Unhappy Re: The Fleetwood game

So once again our sub-standard under-achievers led by their witless Captain have lived up to their reputations and under-achieved !.
Fleetwood Town were good, but made to look so much better by a defence without any shape and a strike-force (?) carrying no threat whatsoever, made even more impotent by the second half substitutions, the last two of these showing no talent or quality at all .
I understand, from informed sources, that the squad do actually train together during the week, but it seems that whatever they attempt to develop in the way of tactics might not be right or complimentary to finding any success in League 1 football.
It was with a degree of sadness today when I felt that I was reading into the faces and attitudes of our players a realisation that their efforts were bordering on the futile and they were failing miserably. Not good ?.
Where then can our Manager look to reverse all the negatives on show today that seem obvious to those of us watching who do not profess to know the ins and outs of League football ?.
Answers in no more than 500 words by Tuesday please !.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2023, 20:09   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Where then can our Manager look to reverse all the negatives on show today?
Answers in no more than 500 words by Tuesday please !.
Why wait till Tuesday Yonmon, the answer to the above is obvious
THE MIRROR!
yonmon likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2023, 20:46   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Why wait till Tuesday Yonmon, the answer to the above is obvious
THE MIRROR!
On reflection that seems more than reasonable !!
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2023, 07:58   #29
God Member

Mr. Coleman,s past achievements have in the main been made possible by some shrewd non league gems and good leadership on the pitch playing in a consistent same 11 or so players, this season that hasn't happened in all departments he blames himself for a lack of depth with any talent in the squad I disagree we are lacking confidence and quality for this level in the squad entire. Wether we are in league 1 or increasingly likely league 2 this squad needs an entire clean sweep.
Watchdog likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2023, 09:05   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Mr. Coleman,s past achievements have in the main been made possible by some shrewd non league gems and good leadership on the pitch playing in a consistent same 11 or so players, this season that hasn't happened in all departments he blames himself for a lack of depth with any talent in the squad I disagree we are lacking confidence and quality for this level in the squad entire. Wether we are in league 1 or increasingly likely league 2 this squad needs an entire clean sweep.
A rebuild of the squad......certainly. By a new manager......doubt it. I think Andy will ask him to stay. There can be very few managers who can work with less budget than is required. We'll naturally lose a few who are tempted away, the loans will go. Probably at the stage where we need to construct a new spine to the team. Some just aren't good enough for league 2.........A relegation is a bit like a funeral. Its one of the saddest things to occur in football........not as bad as what happened to us in 1962 but BAD.

STILL WHILE THERE'S BREATH IN MY BODY AND UNTIL THE MATHS SAY WE'RE RELEGATED......I WON'T BE GIVING UP ON MY TEAM OF MIX-MATCHED FOOTBALLERS.......
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..