Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-04-2023, 01:16   #46
Full Member+

Re: The Fleetwood game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
What of Baghuelou and Pritchard's fitness records and how long can Conneely keep going?
He has already gone unfortunately, can't see him playing after this season.

More chance of signing Mumbongo.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-04-2023, 08:21   #47
God Member

Red face Re: The Fleetwood game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Yes that's it .....Val......problem sorted........4 at the back. There was so much space down the flanks which Fleetwood exploited........I wish I knew who chose 3 at the back for Stanley. Wasn't it when we had 3 very tall centre backs? Just need to kidnap that person, blindfold them and keep them away from the ground and training ground for the last 5 games...
Sorry Crown Grounder - whilst I agree with you about the formation - I was pointing out that K.J. had started the match thread.......

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2023, 12:34   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post

Utter nonsense.
Take a look at results with him in against those without him especially the goals conceded column.

Gone where by the way ?
choirboy and Watchdog like this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2023, 12:37   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I think it’s too simple to just blame the players but a “clear out” can cut both ways.
The “clear out” at the end of last season didn’t work out too well. Don’t like to admit it, but the warning from 28 (of blessed memory) at the beginning of this season about not investing in players seems to have been proven to be more right than wrong.

Looking at a list Valairian produced a while ago, of the 34 players listed and still with us, 17 are out of contract/loan at the end of this season and, presumably, can leave of their own accord.

These are:
Savin, Jensen, Isherwood, Tharme, Notts, Clark, Rogers, Longelo, Baghuelou, Conneely, Pritchard, Hamilton, Hardy, Adedoyin, Nolan, Lusiama, and Pressley.

Contracted to 2024 are:
Baba, Sloane, Morgan, Leigh, Coyle, Sangare, Patrick, Poilly, McConville, Whalley, Lowe, Sisay, Adekoya, Moonan, Martin, Fenton, Woods (the last four have contract extensions activated).
It wasn't difficult to work out mate.
I have my reasons for staying away from here and might explain at the end of the season.
Old 17-04-2023, 16:09   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Hey Watchdog it's not quite time to look into that Crystal Bowl just yet I feel...
Have a peep into mine in which is a vision of The Reds , with those few games left to play, staying in League One by the skin of their teeth !.
I know that following my hyper-critical critique of last evening, some will scoff at this sudden change of heart, but it seems the only fair way for any true Stanley to
think at this crucial time.
I guess that Choirboy might just join me in exhorting everyone, if nothing else, to
KEEP THE FAITH !.

You are right dear friend.
I am still trying to be optimistic and positive that we can avoid the drop to League Two.
As you know I rarely get into commenting negatively so once again I will be there on Tuesday evening blowing my horn and twirling my scarf….win or lose!
In spite of some poor results at home the support from the Clayton End has continued to be just brilliant, so…….
Let us all get 100% behind The Reds!
KEEP THE FAITH
ON STANLEY ON
Chimer, yonmon, andyd and 1 others like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-04-2023, 21:16   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Utter nonsense.
Take a look at results with him in against those without him especially the goals conceded column.

Gone where by the way ?
Silence is golden Chewbacca.
Captain’s performance tonight and zero conceded.
choirboy likes this.

Last edited by Twenty Eight; 25-04-2023 at 21:18.
Old 26-04-2023, 05:16   #52
Full Member+

It was a Captains performance 28, he has been sadly missed whilst out injured. Lets up he remains fit enough to lead us into the next two games and help to make them win games for Accy.
pifco, choirboy and anmc like this.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2023, 08:07   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post

Listening to Jimmy Bell, I think you were correct about Seamus

Seamus just - not for the first time - put his body on the line last night.....

Well played Seamus

Old 26-04-2023, 08:08   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
It was a Captains performance 28, he has been sadly missed whilst out injured. Lets up he remains fit enough to lead us into the next two games and help to make them win games for Accy.
Spot on

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..