Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2007, 18:55   #61

Re: The official'Doing over the Dale' match thread.

I’m sorry to say but i can name 6 players that’s started today that aren't good enough for our first team. i'm not going to name names because i can't be arsed with the hassle from the "die hards". i really don't know what the team do during the week in training, they can't take or defend set pieces to save their lives, it's going to be a twitchy few months and if i'm honest to myself i don't think we're good enough to stay up, i wish john and jimmy would stop saying there are "worst teams then us in the league" and concentrate on our own team.

anyways rant over.
neilhaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-03-2007, 18:57   #62

i would like to see jay harris starting, along with richardson and mangan
stanleyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 19:14   #63
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Just got back.
Brief synopsis of Rochdale:

Home fans - so quiet it was like they were 3-0 down at half time not 3-0 up.
Team - load of diving ponces, fooled the ref every time.
Stewards - didn't have a clue.
Ground - perfect for league 2. let's rob it.

There was only Andy Todd & Shrek really playing for us today. If the team had half the energy of the fans they could've got something, sadly this wasn't the case.
The lads need a massive kick up the arse before Bristol.
Agree with all of that shaker! except from the bit where u put the stewards didnt have a clue. They where far worse then having a clue. They where terrible. I thought they where a nice little lancashire club. I was talking to this standing steward then next minute weve got stewards telling us off for throwing streamers it was like ooo cumon get a life! A few streamers! However great amtomsphere!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 19:16   #64
Member.

Die hards or not we need to take stock and start to recover from this situation. I agree with most on here and I certainly agree with Outback Ossy. Why the hell are we ****ing about with the team, field the best we have for the job and leave them to it.

Get it sorted JC or you'll have it all to do again from the outside. I was gutted for those that went to Rochdale to day, they did us proud, but I was also gutted to be hear at home having to listen to Accrington Stanlay being slagged off on Radio Manchester. We're better than this and it's time to prove it before its to late.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 19:22   #65
God Member

Disappointing performance today, to me the lads looked totally knackered. It worked better in the second half once we had got Podgers and Tony Grant off the field ,Rommy moved back into midfield & Mangy came on to go up front with Mullers. Why on earth the tank is picked ahead of Leam is anyone's guess!! On the positive side, young Kaz looks better every time he plays. Having said that I enjoyed the day out, the fans were brilliant and well done to Macca for organising the buses
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 19:29   #66
Junior Member+

The Worst Performance I Have Seen This Season By A Stanley Team Rodgers Well Send Him Back To Where He Came From . The Fans Were Out Of This World And So Were The Stanley Team But For The Wrong Reasons . Well Done The Ultras The Only Bright Spot On A Very Sad Day
Old 03-03-2007, 20:02   #67

Incredible supporters. Lousy team selection and performance. Rochdale turned things round with a change of manager a short time ago. It doesn't work every time but this is now the Last Chance Saloon. John Coleman has brought glory to the club and, I believe, has its best interests at heart. That is why he should now resign in the hope a new man can save us this season and continue his unbelievable achievements with Accrington Stanley. My heart is heavy with those words but the club's survival in League 2 is paramount to ANY individual no matter how great.
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 20:45   #68
God Member

Just one more thing - kudos to Rochdale for the absolute tunage before the match!
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 20:50   #69
God Member

Heres a bit of therapy for everyone
Repeat after me
WE WILL STAY UP
WE WILL STAY UP
WE WILL STAY UP
Might depend on other teams results but I still think we will escape the drop

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 21:24   #70

Alright folks, I thought that Stanley would have been more up for the game than they appeared to be today, I was expecting a real battling performance from the away side.

I was disappointed with the numbers of the away fans, I was hoping for a 1000+ away fans to make a real good atmosphere between the 2 sets of fans but it wasn't to be. However I must say the fans that were there were a credit to the club and never stopped making noise throughout the game.

I'd like to offer my best wishes for the rest of the season as I hope you stay up so we can develop a good rivalry over the next few years as I really enjoyed my trip to Accrington in August and its good to have good Lancashire derbies!
RochdaleAFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 21:39   #71
Senior Member+

1000+ away fans???? We only get about that for a home game.
Old 03-03-2007, 22:17   #72

Just like to say that i would love you to stay up and send the cocky bury scum down. Think you have enogh battleing spirit that makes up for lack of quality.

How the hell has Mullins scored so many for you especially last year?

He only scored today due to it basically already going in.
Dale_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 23:12   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RochdaleAFC View Post
I was hoping for a 1000+ away fans to make a real good atmosphere between the 2 sets of fans but it wasn't to be.
Enjoyed today, apart from our abysmal defending, and must apologise for Rogers , we don't like him either.

Which end do you sing from BTW, or was it far side, I'd like to know for next year.
There's more noise in Accy Library, what's it like when you're losing?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 23:26   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Enjoyed today, apart from our abysmal defending, and must apologise for Rogers , we don't like him either.

Which end do you sing from BTW, or was it far side, I'd like to know for next year.
There's more noise in Accy Library, what's it like when you're losing?
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 23:37   #75
Junior Member+

We do our talking on the pitch!
TVOS is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..