Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2007, 15:58   #46
Member.

Re: The official'Doing over the Dale' match thread.

Stanley pull another back......4 - 2 FT

Mangan......................................

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-03-2007, 15:59   #47
God Member

Thanks Andrew.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 16:57   #48

just got back from the game. We were very poor. Rogers really is an idiot and can get back to where he came from. We dont want or need someone like him! We really missed Rocky today!
stanleyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 17:05   #49

you really were very poor today yes.
anyway i'm not one to rub salt in wounds etc. the real reason i came over here is to congratulate you, on your fans!
thought you mayeb could've possibly brought a few more but the ones you did bring sang their hearts out. never before have i seen fans 3-0 down by half time still singing like they were 3-0 ahead!!
good luck for rest of season. boston and wrexham for the drop!
Dale4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 17:20   #50
Resting in Peace

Stanley didn't deserve the great support they got today. I think the big difference between the teams was Rochdale's movement off the ball compared with our static play which means our front men play with their backs to goal far too much. Again for the second time this season Rochdale looked a far better side than their position would suggest, although our defence was shambolic at times. Why on earth does Edwards have to be played out of his best position every time one of Coley's favourites comes into the reckoning? I'd better not say any more on that though.
It's time Mangan got a start - we only looked like scoring after he came off the bench as he offers much more penetration than Rommy does at the moment.
Thank God for MKDons.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 17:23   #51
God Member

Just got back.
Brief synopsis of Rochdale:

Home fans - so quiet it was like they were 3-0 down at half time not 3-0 up.
Team - load of diving ponces, fooled the ref every time.
Stewards - didn't have a clue.
Ground - perfect for league 2. let's rob it.

There was only Andy Todd & Shrek really playing for us today. If the team had half the energy of the fans they could've got something, sadly this wasn't the case.
The lads need a massive kick up the arse before Bristol.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 17:42   #52

I have to agree with Redraine
The fans were fantastic today, team were very poor.
Thats all i`m going to say as i was very dissapointed by the performance today.
Old 03-03-2007, 17:43   #53

Got back half an hour ago, fingers just defrosted.

Stanley were not fantastic today but credit to the fans for making it a great place to be anyway. The team needs some improvement but I think we showed the Dale how to support a team.

Thanks Macca for sorting the transport - excellent service!
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 17:45   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine
Why on earth does Edwards have to be played out of his best position every time one of Coley's favourites
Agreed, Redraine. Cavanagh was absolutely awful today. If the Rochdale players were doing any diving as Shakermaker alleges, it was diving out of the way of Cavanagh so he couldn't kick chunks out of them.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 17:49   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Agreed, Redraine. Cavanagh was absolutely awful today. If the Rochdale players were doing any diving as Shakermaker alleges, it was diving out of the way of cavanagh so he couldn't kick chunks out of them.
So I'm the only one that saw every single Rochdale player go down after every single challenge?
Strange, that.

I agree that Cavanagh should not have started. He just clearly isn't match fit.
Yet he still wasn't as bad as Rogers.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 17:56   #56
God Member

Have you ever seen Ipswich's no.33 Shakermaker? There's a diver for you.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 18:11   #57

Unhappy Re: The official'Doing over the Dale' match thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Stanley didn't deserve the great support they got today. I think the big difference between the teams was Rochdale's movement off the ball compared with our static play which means our front men play with their backs to goal far too much. Again for the second time this season Rochdale looked a far better side than their position would suggest, although our defence was shambolic at times. Why on earth does Edwards have to be played out of his best position every time one of Coley's favourites comes into the reckoning? I'd better not say any more on that though.
It's time Mangan got a start - we only looked like scoring after he came off the bench as he offers much more penetration than Rommy does at the moment.
Thank God for MKDons.
Pity the team didn't have the spirit and heart that the supporters gave them today. The team should be ashamed the way they let the supporters down.
Schoolboy defending again showed what we are all about. Unless something drastic is done in the next couple of games we are doomed for the drop back into the Conference. This is not a pessimistic view it is logically a fact. I hope I am proved wrong.
3rd.Div.North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 18:11   #58
Senior Member+

Probably the worst performance I've seen in a very long time today. Rochdale players really looked up for it and wanted to win. We just didn't.

Almeida must be absolutely crap if Welch gets a start ahead of him. Welch today looked as though he was wearing treacle boots and just wasn't up for the fight. Likewise, how can Rogers start ahead of Richardson? Leam isn't great, but he's better than Rogers by a mile!!

In midfield we were over-run again and again. The ease with which Procter and Boco (in the second half) were brushed off the ball was embarrassing. Perkins isn't exactly a giant is he, but he made bigger player look silly.

As I drove back from Accrington I heard Coleman on the radio saying that the players just hadn't listened to what he'd told them to do. He sounded totally dejected. I don't blame him!!

Plus points were the cracking chippy outside the ground and the bus transport worked like a charm. Thanks macca for sorting that out.
Old 03-03-2007, 18:33   #59

well dissapointed with the team today. support was excellent.................
and there was rogers !!!! what can i say...
Old 03-03-2007, 18:53   #60
Senior Member+

Although I felt for the supporters that went today, think of those who for one reason or another couldn't. What the hell happened to the team that played Lincoln last week? Sorry JC, but it is not the players who don't listen, it is the tinkering of the team by the sounds of it to accomodate players who are not fit or ready to return YET! Lets play the strongest 11 on Tuesday night against Bristol ie Shrek in goal, Edwards, Rocky, Welch or Almeida and Richardson across the back, Toddy, Grant, Boco and Whalley with Mullers and Mangan up front. Lets leave the likes of Cav (I know he is Captain, but quite clearly not ready), Martin Fearon, and 3 others on the bench

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..