Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2007, 23:58   #76
Senior Member+

Re: The official'Doing over the Dale' match thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVOS View Post
We do our talking on the pitch!
You don't know either?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-03-2007, 07:14   #77
I am Banned

I managed to get a ticket in the boxes at Rochdale yesterday. Havent been to watch stanley since the mansfield match. First time i have seen Alan Rogers play and I was amazed that he was playing, along with the dale fans in the box. He just looks so unfit, so why play him? You would think he would have learned his lesson after being sent off on his debut! Not at the races at all today, Perkins and Murray played well 2 of our previous targets! Mr Coleman getting a bit of grief from some dale fans, suprised he turned around at one point and said something. He was obviously frustrated. I was told by the dale stewards that the stanley players all arrived in their own cars and this provided a source of amusement. Was David Brown injured yesterday? Thought Dale played some good football at times. Anyway another game gone. Some results went our way
BuryRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:28   #78
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuryRed View Post
First time i have seen Alan Rogers play and I was amazed that he was playing, along with the dale fans in the box. He just looks so unfit, so why play him?
We don't know, I was joining in the all round booing, he's a total embarrassment.

David Brown seems to have a facial injury - it doesn't fit, although there is a whisper he has a back strain.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:22   #79

Well, being a Dale fan, I'm very pleased with the result yesterday, but your left-back in the first half, Rodgers, he just couldn't keep up with Muirhead, I really fear it, that cant be the same team that won the confrence last year. I thought you looked better when you brought Mangan on, but our defence can cope quite well with two average confrence strikers, If you carry on playing like that you could be joining Torquay come 5th May, and if you stay, you must have to make some improvments to that shed of yours, which will cost you big, with your average attendance barley getting 2,000 youre buggered, credit to your fans, kept going all the way through the game, if I was you, I know that Coleman has brought you into the football league, but if you go down, do you really think you can bounce straight back, without Craney and Roberts, you were a two man team, and those two men have gone, you could finish 91st in the football league, hope to see you next year, but after yesterday, thats highly unlikely.
Reedyfc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:11   #80
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuryRed View Post
I was told by the dale stewards that the stanley players all arrived in their own cars and this provided a source of amusement.
If this is true I think it's a ?!$?!$? disgrace, where's the team spirit, its gone and it's showing on the pitch now. Yesterday John Coleman said that the players didn't do what he asked them to, if this is the case then ship out the ones you mean or it will be you next.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:30   #81

I,m at a loss for words after yesterdays game,we were played off the pitch by nothing more than an average side yet last week against lincoln we could have easily won,what the hell is going on?
Paul Mullin apparently is not there to score goals and is purely a feeder, but to who there never seems to be anybody there to feed, set pieces both attacking and defending are a joke with corners going far post when everybody is running to the near post take one of yesterdays goals we are on the attack win a corner and they score from it how do,es that work then?
I,m sorry to say it but yesterday we looked nothing more than a conference side in fact we played better when we were and i am at a loss as to what the answer is, the coley out brigade are going to have a field day with this but at the end of the day is it totally his fault? i don,t think so, it,s so very football to blame the man in charge and i never thought i would see my club go to the level of the rest of the football league and put the blame on one man,there are another eleven buggers running about on the field.
There was more action in the stands yesterday than on the pitch well done to all the stanley supporters yesterday singers and non it made for a terrific atmosphere 3-0 down backs against the wall and still singing our hearts out that is passion for your football club we need that passion down on the green stuff and we need it now. Finally a big thanks to macca for sorting out the transport yesterday well done mate i,m just sorry the team did not put the same effort in as you did.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:58   #82
Senior Member+

Reedyfc123 - tell us something we don't already know.
Old 04-03-2007, 13:18   #83
kel

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
I,m at a loss for words after yesterdays game,we were played off the pitch by nothing more than an average side
It really makes me laugh when fans on the losing side say this. If thats the case we've come up against some poor sides lately if they've been beaten by little old Rochdale. I'm quite happy with the way my average team is playing at the moment.
kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 14:53   #84
Full Member+

A lot of folks are talking a lot of sense in this thread. Yes, it is absolutely true that we were played off the park yesterday and, if anything, I think the scoreline flattered us! I also agree that it’s probably wrong to get the knives out against Coley, but surely he can see some of the areas which scream out for action. Perhaps running through yesterday’s starting line-up might focus the mind
PK He’s a young lad, who generally looks a bit nervy. (Not surprising considering what’s in front of him!) Nevertheless, he’s a good shot stopper and, in spite of his rather dodgy kicking, we could do worse
Cav. Before his injury, Cav was a yard off the pace at this level – now it’s 5 yards. If it’s lack of match fitness, then he shouldn’t have played. I can’t help wondering, though, if he reached his level in the Conference[/FONT][/SIZE]
Phil. Probably our best (or only) defender yesterday. Personally, I’d rather see him at full-back, though, especially when we had a central defender on the bench. I can only assume that there must be something dodgy about Almeida which only shows on the training ground.
Welchy. Yesterday he looked as if the last place he wanted to be was on that pitch. His confidence seems to have been rattled – I don’t know why, but at the moment he seems to be only half the player he was.
Rogers I don’t think any comment is necessary here. Suffice it to say that if I were in Leam Richardson’s boots I would be wondering if I must be suffering from leprosy or something not to be in the side.
Toddy. The usual 150%. What he may lack in skill, he certainly makes up for in effort and commitment. As Coley says, if only we had another 10 like him!
Proccy. Tried hard and, especially in the second half, showed a lot of determination. Again, not the most skilful player, but at least he played as if he wanted to win.
Grant. A disappointment.- and not for the first time. He seems a bit too laid back, especially when, as yesterday, we have our backs to the wall. I’d hoped he would be the kind of player to take a game by the scruff of the neck and make things happen. Alas, this is something we haven’t yet seen from him.
Shaun. The less said about yesterday’s showing the better! I think he has the makings of a very good player. Yesterday, though, he was predictable, and it was all too easy for the defenders to deal with him. Unfortunately he seemed to lack the versatility to attempt something a bit different.
Paul. As usual, ploughing a lone furrow, with lack of support. It is starting to worry me a little that he is not winning the amount of headers he used to, but I wouldn’t go so far as to say he’s past his peak, because I know he’s likely to prove me wrong! (at least I hope so!)
Rommy . A touch of class, as usual, but he can’t do it on his own, especially when he’s constantly having to change his position. I know Ian Craney used to talk to him and organise him when he played in the middle of the park. Now he has no-one to do this – and it shows.
Subs. Probably not fair to say too much about them. I thought Leam was 1000% better than Rogers had been, Mangy was a threat and got a deserved goal and Jay was his usual battlng self.
Okay. Those are only my humble opinions – and I’m there to be shot down. However, harking slightly back to last week, I will say that at least I stayed until the end, which is more than I can say for a certain RW who was heading hot-foot for the exit after Rochdale scored their penalty!

<o></o>

Last edited by Oldgobbin; 04-03-2007 at 14:56.
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 14:59   #85
God Member

I think that's a generally sound analysis Oldgobbin, albeit a little harsh on Toddy as I thought his skill really shone through yesterday, it just wasn't met with any nouse from our other players.
I thought Rommy looked absolutely nackered which was worrying.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 15:04   #86
Full Member+

I'm sorry, Shaker, there was no intentionto be harsh on Toddy, but I think he himself would be the first to admit that there are others with more natural ability. .. if only they showed the same effort, commitment and determination as he does! Give me 11 with the qualities of Toddy any day!
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 15:08   #87
God Member

I agree 100% Oldgobbin - Toddy is by far the strongest link in the team due to his league pedigree & antural determination to win every ball, I just thought he showed a fair bit of flair in his game yesterday.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 15:19   #88
Super Moderator

Thought Shrek made some great saves yesterday, including the penalty. If it hadn't been for him we'd have been five or six down. It's come to something, though, when a lad who is on a short-term contract is showing far more commitment to the cause then certain first team regulars!
Old 04-03-2007, 15:22   #89
Senior Member+

I agree with all your ratings Oldgobbin, except for Boco. He was poor yesterday and didn't look fit. As such he was ineffective both in attack and in midfield.

Makes you wonder what happens in training doesn't it? Players unfit, compared to the opposition. Limited ideas in play. No variation at dead balls. Can't defend. Etc.
Old 04-03-2007, 16:12   #90

Thought we played quite well yesterday even though we never really seemed to hit top gear it was enough. Should probably have been more than four with the missed penalty and the 2 goals dissallowed. Credit to your fans who were great, as for the home atmosphere that's what happens when you don't have a little shed like your good selves.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..