Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2009, 17:57   #46
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: The Stanley Revolution!!!

I am over the MOON!!! with this news and eternaly greatful to Mr Khan and MR Marsden and everyone else who have made this happen
Old 03-11-2009, 18:04   #47
Senior Member+

Up until 6pm this evening, I knew nothing of this, but when I was driving home and listening to Radio Lancs and it said the bill had been paid, I felt nothing but relief that our famous little club had been saved from oblivion yet again. OK so we have all had a pop at Dave O'Niell and Rob Heys, but if Ilyas and Peter have talked to them and asked them to stay on, then maybe we should all agree to give them our support. Also, after listening to the interview with D O'N, I personally thought he sounded like a weight had been lifted from his shoulders. As he said, he never really wanted to be chairman of the club, but it was gifted to him by EW (The real villain of the piece I believe). If the club still owe him, then maybe we should send the money as washers, like he implied the club stewards were worth paying in. Things will take time to settle down, but lets get behind the club starting this Saturday and cheer the lads on to victory to bigger and better things. As others have said, thank you to all persons (be they individuals or teams or firms) who have assisted in saving this club.

BTW Mel and Lancsdave, can I pop back in to the shop to have an addition to my T-shirt - I HELPED save our Accrington Stanley.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 18:09   #48

At last, it's all over.

Now, let's get back to the important stuff; the stuff that happens ON the pitch...

Ash

http://www.unlimitedricepudding.com/
Fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 18:16   #49
Full Member+

Hallelujah.....Hallelujah....

I cannot express or put into words the immense sense of relief that has flooded through me since I heard this joyous news....We are forever in debt.... to Messrs Khan & Marsden who have steered the good ship Stanley to safer waters....

Now we have to build on this and all pull together to move the club towards a brighter and more financially stable future. To use a (horse) racing analogy....I feel we've just clambered over the first ( seemingly at times unsurmountable ) hurdle and there's probably more tests the club are yet to face...But with todays news, I'll sleep easier knowing the club has the right people at the helm to meet the challenge.....

Let's get behind the club, putting all recent problems behind us and start by packing out the ground on Saturday...Onwards and upwards towards brighter times.....

Mr Khan and Mr Marsden...many thanks for your untiring endeavour and commitment to the cause.

And to all others who have contributed to the fundraising, however large or small ...thanks....you've all chipped in to help keep the legend alive....

ACCRINGTON STANLEY.....The club that wouldn't die !!!!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 18:16   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
BTW Mel and Lancsdave, can I pop back in to the shop to have an addition to my T-shirt - I HELPED save our Accrington Stanley.
No, but maybe we could make a new t-shirt with that on, and even make some money on them this time

You never know the club shop may actually start getting new merchandise, hopefully with a 'Made In Accrington' label on it
Old 03-11-2009, 18:18   #51
Full Member+

I thought Ilyas was very impressive on the radio tonight. He'll be in charge of governance and the financial side of the Club. So, at last, he have full access to the books and he promised the financial security and transparency that we've wanted for so long. Even talked of money for Coley to buy players, though more next season than this

It may be a long time before my anger at David O'Neill subsides and it may be a while before I listen to Rob Heys on the radio and not be cynical, but in Ilyas I trust. If the current setup of the Club is good enough for him, it's good enough for me

On to the football and a very vocal show of support for Ilyas and Peter on Saturday!
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 18:21   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
Hallelujah.....Hallelujah....

I cannot express or put into words the immense sense of relief that has flooded through me since I heard this joyous news....We are forever in debt.... to Messrs Khan & Marsden who have steered the good ship Stanley to safer waters....

Now we have to build on this and all pull together to move the club towards a brighter and more financially stable future. To use a (horse) racing analogy....I feel we've just clambered over the first ( seemingly at times unsurmountable ) hurdle and there's probably more tests the club are yet to face...But with todays news, I'll sleep easier knowing the club has the right people at the helm to meet the challenge.....

Let's get behind the club, putting all recent problems behind us and start by packing out the ground on Saturday...Onwards and upwards towards brighter times.....

Mr Khan and Mr Marsden...many thanks for your untiring endeavour and commitment to the cause.

And to all others who have contributed to the fundraising, however large or small ...thanks....you've all chipped in to help keep the legend alive....

ACCRINGTON STANLEY.....The club that wouldn't die !!!!!

good post carpon, i will also never forget the fans from bury. burnley, blackburn etc etc, who chipped in to help.
Old 03-11-2009, 18:27   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
No, but maybe we could make a new t-shirt with that on, and even make some money on them this time

You never know the club shop may actually start getting new merchandise, hopefully with a 'Made In Accrington' label on it
Heres a suggestion for your next batch of T's :-

" IF ANYONE CAN, ILYAS KHAN "

Cheesy, hell yeah but I dont care lol Now trying to think of one for Mr Marden ????

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 18:35   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
Heres a suggestion for your next batch of T's :-

" IF ANYONE CAN, ILYAS KHAN "

Cheesy, hell yeah but I dont care lol Now trying to think of one for Mr Marden ????

Jeeez Pete that's so cheesy. On sale in the shop tomorrow from 9.05 am
Old 03-11-2009, 18:35   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:

Can I be the first to order a new T-shirt with that on then, thanks

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 03-11-2009, 18:37   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:

Im down there tomorrow mate for 1 of those
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 18:38   #57
God Member

Quote:
Copywrite charge = 1x XL in Black ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Can I be the first to order a new T-shirt with that on then, thanks
Er no!!....................you can have No2

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 19:03   #58
Junior Member+

Well done to everyone at Stanley. I Kan't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES
Raggy Thun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 19:03   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
1x XL
I didn't even realise you had been on a diet with all the stuff going on over the past few weeks
Old 03-11-2009, 19:31   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
I didn't even realise you had been on a diet with all the stuff going on over the past few weeks
Ouch!!! BTW make mine a XXL - I don't care if I am slightly overweight - any comments about this will be deemed libelous and will be brought to book with the full extent of the legal system

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..