Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2016, 22:11   #31
Full Member+

Re: Time to discuss Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Rashford, Kane and Sims come to mind straight away.
Kane who was sent on loan to cut is teeth in the lower leagues at four other clubs for 3 years before he got a chance. Point proven really. Sims has hardly played at all and only Rashford has had a reasonable run and come straight through, even then was kept out the side by 11 very expensive imports today.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-12-2016, 08:54   #32

'I watched young Nathan Webb play last season and he has shown great promise and he has never featured in a senior game yet. This lad can go a long way if he gets a chance, Young Connor Mahoney hardly got a game and was sold. He is still developing at Blackburn but will be a great player. Why can't we do this at Stanley? There is so much that I feel the management could do better.'

I think he played against Crewe in the Check-a Trade. Small guy with big hair. If he's the one he looked out of his depth and barely touched the ball. Not to say he won't develop but looked a long way off first-team material.
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:30   #33
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Kane who was sent on loan to cut is teeth in the lower leagues at four other clubs for 3 years before he got a chance. Point proven really. Sims has hardly played at all and only Rashford has had a reasonable run and come straight through, even then was kept out the side by 11 very expensive imports today.
Kane made his senior debut for Tottenham when aged 18, I believe. Sims may have "hardly played at all" - but he has been given a chance - and taken it. Rashford was given a chance. That's all I am asking - give the youngsters a chance.
cashman likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 10:50   #34
Senior Member+

I sort of understand what your saying RR,
Normally,teams with a youngster, who shows potential is given a "taster",then sent out on loan for game time/experience.
Some impress,most dont.
I still maintain,a lot is in between a players ears,especially when your getting paid peanuts and your mates are getting more money,you soon become disillusioned.
Our last good youngster,Connor,played a few games,but the team weren't getting many points,and in league two,its all about points,not development ---unfortunately
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 11:31   #35
Senior Member+

F19, Spot on as usual!

Would it be the best to chuck a youth player in when confidence is low? Are they any better than what we have now?

I've only seen Webb a handful of times and doesn't look ready for first team just yet!

Impressed with Sykes from what I've seen of him, Also Liam Goulding seems to be getting rave reviews down at Wealdstone!...Doesn't mean they're ready for League 2 football just yet though!

I've said it for a few weeks, We just look shot of confidence and just we need to belief back that we showed at the start of the season and in the cup games against Bradford, Burnley and West Ham!
DAV007 and monkey hanger like this.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:33   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Would it not be sensible to vary our tactics? cos we certainly dont seem to be doing.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:06   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Would it not be sensible to vary our tactics? cos we certainly dont seem to be doing.
From listening to his post-match interviews he doesn't seem set to change our style of play. The longer this bad run continues the more difficult it is to defend this position.

A thought but why not play Connelly and Pearson at full back, Brown and Lacey in midfield, McConville rightwing, Clark on the left with Gornell up front and O'sullivan in the hole- hopefully causing mayhem.
McConville can tuck in when needed so we're not light in midfield and O Sullivan should naturally drift to the right to compensate.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 12:11   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thats what i fail to make sense of Inspector morse, if summat aint working at a particular time, then anyone sensible surely has a plan B?
Old 12-12-2016, 12:43   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Would it be the best to chuck a youth player in when confidence is low?
It could be an ideal time. A youngster not (yet) disillusioned and determined to show what he can do. What an opportunity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Are they any better than what we have now?
We'll never know unless/until we try them - and give them an opportunity to rise to the occasion.
Old 12-12-2016, 13:03   #40
Senior Member+

Depends on what position the young lad plays.
Goalkeeper/defender-no chance !!
Baldy,went watching Liam Goulding a few times last season (played for Sean Hessey-Marine),and i was sure he would get a chance this season when the departures occured.
My lad rated him as well,nothing flash,just a good defender
Old 12-12-2016, 13:16   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Depends on what position the young lad plays.
Baldy,went watching Liam Goulding a few times last season (played for Sean Hessey-Marine),and i was sure he would get a chance this season when the departures occured.
My lad rated him as well,nothing flash,just a good defender
Yeh mean no chance with our management i reckon?
Old 12-12-2016, 13:46   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
I think Jordan Pickford was 18 when he played his first game for Burton Albion.

If you don't mind me saying, I think you are being a bit negative in this thread, f19.

As I said before, it's not worth us having an academy and youth team if it's as depressing as you say!!

Insufficient money from community funding, better youngsters poached by top academies, less good youngsters off to non-league, insufficient financial reward at Accy. Where do we go from here??
Old 12-12-2016, 14:44   #43
Senior Member+

I do sound negative!!!,just trying to Keep it real.
Think we should concentrate on getting rough diamonds and polishing them rather than making them or buying them !!
One of Coleys strengths is to pick a player, Beckles is the latest.
Let the academy system pay for their education and we just take over when their 18/19
baldy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 12-12-2016, 18:39   #44
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Kane made his senior debut for Tottenham when aged 18, I believe. Sims may have "hardly played at all" - but he has been given a chance - and taken it. Rashford was given a chance. That's all I am asking - give the youngsters a chance.
I think staying up is the priority though.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 18:52   #45
God Member

I certainly wouldnt pick a youthy if the squad is full, but it annoys me when we already have a guy sat there patiently waiting for his chance ... and the we loan someone in instead. Fair enough Coley mightnt think him ready, but often we rent in untested players from elsewhere. Zak Vyner has done alright but he didnt uproot any trees in his first couple of games, maybe Sykes and Goulding would have benefitted a short run of games as well?

We got GTF and Eagles in at a time when attacking options were depleted, but had Webb and Hazeldine chomping at the bit for a shot. McCarten and Gornell were short term injured so giving either of them a half chance would have been ideal.

No offence to either Eagles nor GTF but neither have anything to offer us so we shouldnt be paying them.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..