Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2016, 22:14   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Time to discuss Coleman

ladies and gents,

once again, let me make this clear for those who struggle to read and understand the English language

At no point have I suggested sacking Coleman nor do I support such a position, but just as I have been his number 1 fan for years (remember who was calling for Colemans return before we had Richardson, Beattie and for his comeback not to mention all the coleman flags I have made and the support i always give him when i see him at the match), its right that we not only praise but also criticise when the time is required.

sacking coleman would be madness

but

we as fans must also be critical, especially when we are in such a bad place in terms of the league.

again, just in case you didnt read my posts, we have done excellent in the cups

again, we have some good players

again, no one gets behind the club and manager as much as I have or do

but we must discuss all the pros and cons of are current situation.

and also, there is nothing i have stated that i wouldn't talk to coley about if i bumped into him at the game

the guy is a stanley legend and a top manager at this level with lots more to give, I am sure he would have no problem discussing and disagreeing with any of my comments

Last edited by DAV007; 12-12-2016 at 22:17.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-12-2016, 22:31   #47
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post

but we must discuss all the pros and cons of are current situation.
One question, Why? Surely this is up to Andy Holt and the board not the fans. JC and JB live or fall by the results of the football team and at the moment, they are teetering on the edge. I personally believe they will pull it around and pray that they will. Yes they are Legends in the Stanley family and long may they reign.
choirboy, Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2016, 08:13   #48

Why? because as fans we are stakeholders in the club and have a right to vent frustration when we feel it neccessary. Fans and their views are more important than any owner good bad or indifferent regardless as to who actually wields executive power.

NB: Fans is taken to include the full spectrum of opinion.
Greger likes this.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2016, 08:23   #49
God Member

[QUOTE= I personally believe they will pull it around and pray that they will. Yes they are Legends in the Stanley family and long may they reign.[/QUOTE]

to those coley haters on here be careful what you wish for.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2016, 08:27   #50
Full Member+

When Mr Coleman & Mr Bell asks you to attend a meeting in his office how many of you will turn up to discuss the current situation,
baldy likes this.
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2016, 09:36   #51
God Member

One of the great things about Stanley fans as a collective is that we dont get at the playing staff all too often. Managers are allowed to manage and players allowed to play. You go to other grounds and they are after blood within a few games - we dont. We understand our restrictions and we allow mistakes.

However, even a legend cant be allowed to rest on his laurels. Nobody on here would honestly think that Coley plays a player for any reason other than he believes the player to be his best option. But someone posted earlier that one of Coley's best qualities is his weakness - loyalty.

Whilst I dont believe McConville to be the anti-christ that others do, and whilst I do think that Coley believes him to be performing the duties required of him, I also believe that a replacement would bring more to the team than the loss of him.

Last year we had nothing more than a decent team with 4 good players in Windass, Crooks, Mingoia and Kee. Coley pulled masterstrokes in January by bringing in 2 veterans who we werent sure about (Boco and Hughes) and an unknown in Fosu. All 3 made important contributions and bolstered the squad at an important time. We improved.

There's nothing to suggest he cant do it again, and he will certainly know what needs improving. Andy Holt has twittered his public backing of the duo and suggested funds will be available. Job done.

On a further note, bug if but if we went down I wouldnt want anyone other than Coley in the Conference trenches.

On another even further note please play Boco, Clark and Ronnie as an attacking 3 behind Kee or GTF. All 3 with the freedom of the borough to move and roam and drag the back 4 wherever they want. Attack attack attack
MikeA likes this.
Old 13-12-2016, 09:49   #52

'to those coley haters on here be careful what you wish for.'

Not sure what I'm missing but is anyone saying Coley should go?
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2016, 11:01   #53
I am Banned

Atleast were better off than we were under Beattie
monkey hanger likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2016, 12:13   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
'to those coley haters on here be careful what you wish for.'

Not sure what I'm missing but is anyone saying Coley should go?
not yet they,re not. its some of the constant moans that will get more anti if our poor run continues. there are those who weren,t over keen on him coming back may be ready to have a field day. for every coley there,s a craig hignett or a ronnie moore. nuff said.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2016, 12:54   #55

Quote:
....Whilst I dont believe McConville to be the anti-christ that others do, and whilst I do think that Coley believes him to be performing the duties required of him, I also believe that a replacement would bring more to the team than the loss of him.

... Last year we had nothing more than a decent team with 4 good players in Windass, Crooks, Mingoia and Kee. Coley pulled masterstrokes in January by bringing in 2 veterans who we werent sure about (Boco and Hughes) and an unknown in Fosu. All 3 made important contributions and bolstered the squad at an important time. We improved.

....On a further note, but if we went down I wouldnt want anyone other than Coley in the Conference trenches.

.....On another even further note please play Boco, Clark and Ronnie as an attacking 3 behind Kee or GTF. All 3 with the freedom of the borough to move and roam and drag the back 4 wherever they want. Attack attack attack[/QUOTE]

Agree with and like all these points:

1. Left sided attacking players are like "gold-dust" in any league and I believe he's improved a great deal this season. Not good as a left back, but plays where he's asked.

2. Our team last year, was one of the best I can remember. Full of goals (in most games! let's not go there!), Your right on the FAB four....

3. Agree with this 100%.

4. Yes I'd like to see this set up maybe against Luton? But doubt it will happen.... with two in midfield and four at the back. You can easily add the names..........no one playing out of place mind-you, so we'd have our left sided winger on the bench for back-up.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2016, 15:58   #56

Dav007 - reckon you've summed it up right. Talk like you would to Coleman's face and you can't go far wrong. (I'd love to be there when you ask him why we've got the most unfit team in the league though.)

If I was talking to him I would acknowledge that my knowledge of football is but a smidgeon of what his is but would humbly like to know why Boco doesn't start very often when he looks like a really good player to me. Whatever his answer was I'd accept it.

At the same time I'd ask how in god's name did he get a player like Beckles to sign for us. What's it like competing whilst being the smallest club in the league etc,and could he please sign my new bobble hat?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2016, 06:39   #57
Senior Member+

Agreed Lord Didsbury

There is no one on this forum or within the Stanley fan base who is a bigger Coleman fan than me, if anyone cares for a duel of Coley love then I accept your challenge
monkey hanger likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2016, 09:59   #58

What have you bought him for Xmas? I'm thinking of £200 gift vouchers as a small token of my appreciation.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2016, 10:44   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007
once again, let me make this clear for those who struggle to read and understand the English language
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007
we must discuss all the pros and cons of are current situation.
For those who struggle to read and understand the English language I think he means our.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2016, 11:04   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
For those who struggle to read and understand the English language I think he means our.
Now give oer, its hard to be clever when yer aint.
DAV007 likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..