Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-12-2016, 15:46   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Time to discuss Coleman

"here are my 3 criticisms of Coleman

1. fitness
we appear to have the least fit squad in the league, we always have done.
quite a few of our players are nowhere near their physical peak.
Sports science and diet is huge in football and can make the difference, why is there no evidence of the manager utilising the available technology and dietary understanding.

2. no plan B
we have one way of playing and small variations on that same way, but no genuine plan B or C.
We are predictable, it rarely if ever changes.
As the pitches deteriorate at this time of year, so have our results in past seasons - we must have a plan B and a plan C and be able to adapt to the conditions

3. team selection
the manager has always been and remains to loyal to players who aren't performing (doesn't mean they aren't good enough, just not performing) and to quickly to fall out with others resulting in good players not getting a look in."

And you're his number one fan ?
Gonna keep away when the posters aren't fans then.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-12-2016, 20:51   #62
Senior Member+

please,
dont question my credentials.

If anything, this thread I have started has demonstrated the support, belief and good will that Coleman will turn it around is stronger than ever.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2016, 21:15   #63
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
please,
dont question my credentials.

If anything, this thread I have started has demonstrated the support, belief and good will that Coleman will turn it around is stronger than ever.
Seriously what the F are you smoking
baldy likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2016, 07:45   #64
Senior Member+

Why would you suggest a fellow fan is taking drugs?

Please get behind the club.
baldy likes this.
Old 17-12-2016, 09:25   #65
I am Banned

��������since when does saying that mean I'm not behind the club you really are on something
Old 17-12-2016, 09:38   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
��������since when does saying that mean I'm not behind the club you really are on something
That is his standard response when the discussion isn't going his way.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2016, 19:27   #67
Senior Member+

no,
why would any real fan within the stanley family make such hurtful comments to suggest a fellow fan was smoking drugs?

please, lets stay united and get behind the club
Old 17-12-2016, 19:45   #68
Senior Member+

Are you questioning my credentials or is it a case that if everyone doesn't bow down to you then you throw your doll out of the pram ?
Old 17-12-2016, 20:28   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Are you questioning my credentials or is it a case that if everyone doesn't bow down to you then you throw your doll out of the pram ?
please, stay on topic

there is no bigger Coleman fan than i
Old 17-12-2016, 21:28   #70
I am Banned

Quote:
please, stay on topic

Sure you said same thing about Beattie then was one of first on the sack bandwagon
Old 17-12-2016, 22:11   #71
Senior Member+

Quote:
please, stay on topic

You started the thread so don't expect all and sundry to agree with what you are saying. I reiterate what I said earlier in this thread, it is NOT up to the fans to discuss what the manager does or does not do, we are not a fan owned club, that is up to the directors and Andy Holt. My question would be, why does Coleman leave it until 10 minutes before the end of the game to make his substitutions? Clearly PAFC did a job on us despite us having more possession, more shots on target, more corners etc etc (Stats from BBC website).We had an impact player in GTF on the bench so why not put him on for the last 20 minutes? Perhaps you as the biggest Coleman fan can answer these questions. No don't bother with your drivel. I still think Coleman will turn this barren spell around, but I cannot see him having long into the New Year if we continue dropping towards the Conference National

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2016, 03:01   #72
Full Member+

We are....... where we are...... for one reason alone......we ain't hitting the net....

I'd go along with other suggestions.... as in why we don't seem to have a plan "B" ( "C" or even "D" ) and the management seems to have some sort of mental block as into leaving substitutions until they have little or no time to impact.....

If....(and it is an "IF" ) we get past Luton in the cup in early January.....I'd sincerely hope that Mr. Holt grants Coleman licence to spend some real money on a couple of players.....

We made some good money on the League Cup run......getting past Luton would make us at least another £75k without even thinking who we hypothetically draw in the 4th round !!!

If certain players ( a.l.a. Eagles & G.T.F. ) are surplus to requirements....contractual arrangements permitting .......they need to be released.

That would free up some of the wages....

We also need to utilise the loan market by bringing in some players who will help achieve the objective.......MID TABLE !!!

Forget surging for the play-offs.....this season is now about surviving. The league table don't lie. We are where we are for a reason.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2016, 06:47   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Sure you said same thing about Beattie then was one of first on the sack bandwagon

This is simply not true - please stop this mud slinging

I did not claim to be a huge James Beattie fan

I gave him 10 games before I made a judgement

Carpon is right, we are now in a relegation battle
Old 18-12-2016, 10:34   #74
Senior Member+

Haha - only you could accuse others of mud slinging.
Read the start of this thread.
Don't care how you try and twist this your intention was to put the boot into Coley.
I also don't care what your credentials are and what you perceive them to be.
Have the last word - you always do - but then suggest this thread is closed down and everyone moves on.
Old 18-12-2016, 11:31   #75
Full Member+

It is hard being the smallest club with emergency loans being scrapped. It was likely to be a struggle, like most seasons staying up is success.
monkey hanger likes this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..