Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree68Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-12-2012, 20:48   #76
Super Moderator

Re: Todays Attendance

Dread to think what the gate will be on Saturday now.
Old 18-12-2012, 20:51   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
It won't be lower than last week
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 18-12-2012, 21:12   #78
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyJay View Post
Winstanley going round to the local schools is great. But, what about being in the town centre on a Saturday when "little Timmy" is out shopping with the family? If he's already seen Winstanley at school, then he's more likely to pester his parents. Winstanley could then give the said parents the discounted tickets for that game or the next home game.
Murray's crew have been down town a few times in recent months on a Saturday. Problem is it's the quietest day of the week in town
Old 18-12-2012, 21:23   #79
God Member

Big problem stanley have is the apathy, lack of inspiring performances is not helping even with the stanley fans atm. Big squeeze in the economy is footy is a luxury so liable to be cut, pester power doesnt work if the footy interest isnt there among the adults. We only have to look at saturdays home match and the lowest attendance for a long while, poor performance is gonna be the most detrimental if its not addressed - success breeds success and its not been flying around the crown ground for a while.
cashman likes this.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2012, 21:26   #80
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
If the performance is anything like saturdays then gate will be worrying, i accidently brought my uni coursework to footy - i dont want to start intentionally bringing it while we play hahahahaha
Wynonie Harris likes this.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 08:17   #81

Great Post by Whalley Red and great point about penalising the "walk-ons" with a £2 surcharge - talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Me & two mates were in the club shop on Friday morning and we toyed with the idea of each getting a ticket at £15, but decided not to as there was a doubt at the time whether the game would be on or not.

Come Saturday and the game is on - get tucked up for another £2 each!

How about trying a few more Friday Night Games ???? Not sure how well they fared last time we tried it.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 09:46   #82
Resting in Peace

Re: Today's Attendance

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Great Post by Whalley Red and great point about penalising the "walk-ons" with a £2 surcharge - talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Me & two mates were in the club shop on Friday morning and we toyed with the idea of each getting a ticket at £15, but decided not to as there was a doubt at the time whether the game would be on or not.

Come Saturday and the game is on - get tucked up for another £2 each!

How about trying a few more Friday Night Games ???? Not sure how well they fared last time we tried it.
Think that's like shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic smobile, can't think that friday would attract more bums on seats or feet on the terraces, if the product ain't right.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 09:51   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Think that's like shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic smobile, can't think that friday would attract more bums on seats or feet on the terraces, if the product ain't right.
If the Titanic had sailed a day earlier though Jaysay, chances are it wouldn't have gone down
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 10:09   #84
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
If the Titanic had sailed a day earlier though Jaysay, chances are it wouldn't have gone down
Sometimes your names on an iceberg smobile
Leylandii and smobile like this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 13:31   #85
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Sometimes your names on an iceberg smobile
Perhaps that's why Captain Smith was heard to say... 'Lettuce pray' !.
Redraine likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 18:29   #86

The voucher schememay not have a good take up because you have to present the voucher at the club before the matchday which means the hassle of going up to the ground for locals and the extra cost for people outwith Accy could negate the savings on the ticket. In my case it is impossible to come down and present the voucher although I received mine by email presumably because of my account with the accy store. Why not just reduce the online cost to £10 instead of £15 for those games as all the details required on the voucher are already held by the club. For some strange reason the cost of an online Plymouth ticket is £16!!!

The weather is a factor at this time of year as it isn't always possible to get to a rearranged midweek game so people do hold off buying in advance or even travelling on the day if it looks dodgy. It costs me over £30 to travel down and I have to leave home by 9am to be sure of making the game so this time of year usually means missing games that are doubtful although thanks to MrT for his weather updates for the Oxford came on the 1st.

Why not bring back the deal where you could buy a block of say 10 discounted tickets for league games and use them for 10 seperate games or multiple tickets for seperate games. this would help people who travel and can't make midweek games or persuade a group of people to take some others on the spur without comitting to buying a ticket that can't be used for a specific game.

Companies like Ryanair can make people jump through hoops for massive discounts as people usually need to use them, with Stanley it's the other way round. We need to make it as easy as possible. Targetting kids has to be the way to go as they can get a parent to come or they can get used to coming and keep at it as they grow up. As previously stated a generation was lost to Stanley when the old club folded and we need to get people back. Stanley are a second team to many, me included, so often if games clash Stanley suffers however Friday nights don't help as there can be travel problems for people outwith Accy including away fans or if you do watch another team and they play Saturday then Accy lose again as 2 games in a weekend can be a costly business.

I'm lucky that I have friends in Accy and know people at the club as well so I can get round most problems but not everyone can. So, now that Scotrail have called off the strike on Saturday and the weather looks not to bad I can plan for saturday and try for my £10 ticket . Although what's the score with these £5 tickets with season tickets? I've not heard of that one!!
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2012, 21:17   #87
God Member

Dagenham and Wimbledon up in January. Neither with an army of fans to bring.

BOGOF ?
smobile likes this.
Old 20-12-2012, 07:37   #88

morecambe pulled just over 900 for there lancashire senior cup game against man united youth last night
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2012, 12:13   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post

...Targetting kids has to be the way to go as they can get a parent to come or they can get used to coming and keep at it as they grow up. As previously stated a generation was lost to Stanley when the old club folded and we need to get people back.
Nail-head-hit.
So keep up the excellent work, Winstanley, and, if it isn't already your aim, plan to get out to every primary school in the area. Take a player with you where you can. Don't under-estimate [a] the impact a real-live professional footballer can have on 5-10 year old kids and [b] the impact 5-10 year old kids can have on an adult's decision on what to do on a Saturday afternoons. If you give away 300 tickets to kids and get 38 turn up, that could be 38 adults as well. I presume the other 264 tickets didn't take up a seat that someone else could have paid for. Next time it might be 50. Then 60. But it has to be worked on, slowly and surely, with the local schools without expecting miracles.
Just like a dog with a bone, Winstanley.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..