Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree68Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-12-2012, 12:47   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Todays Attendance

Whilst without doubt yesterday was utter crap, i reckon talk of the Conference is way oer the top, we may possibly be dragged into the bottom end scrap, but as far as i'm concerned we aint going anywhere this season, The manager took oer when the snake had let things slip a bit n is new to the game, everyone i spoke too was happy he took oer, n now is the time to back that faith in my view, Panic does no good at all.
Old 16-12-2012, 13:56   #17
God Member

Sound comments Mr. Cash

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2012, 14:57   #18
Junior Member+

I noticed five season-ticket holders who sit in the main stand not at yesterday's game. I don't know if they are counted into the gate announced, but more importantly there are issues surrounding the prices and running of the club in general which worry me more than yesterday's pathetic performance.

Ticket Prices-The club should show some imagination when it is obvious that a game such as this (ie against a southern team just before Xmas) would attract this kind of gate. The fact that the club did not look at putting any offers is disgaceful and the people who are tasked with promoting the club should take a long hard look at themselves. (You are not doing your job correctly)

Prices are too high for this town - all been documented on here before but ignored-Fleetwood seem to be more in tune with reasonable pricing.

I have never been close to running a football club, but I am baffled how we can carry 20+ pro footballers including Beattie who I asume is well paid, the manager, assistant, coach & physio on our poor gates.

I am worried that even if we manage to stay up-history is going to repeat itself?
Ghostbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2012, 15:34   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostbuster View Post
I noticed five season-ticket holders who sit in the main stand not at yesterday's game. I don't know if they are counted into the gate announced, but more importantly there are issues surrounding the prices and running of the club in general which worry me more than yesterday's pathetic performance.

Ticket Prices-The club should show some imagination when it is obvious that a game such as this (ie against a southern team just before Xmas) would attract this kind of gate. The fact that the club did not look at putting any offers is disgaceful and the people who are tasked with promoting the club should take a long hard look at themselves. (You are not doing your job correctly)

Prices are too high for this town - all been documented on here before but ignored-Fleetwood seem to be more in tune with reasonable pricing.

I have never been close to running a football club, but I am baffled how we can carry 20+ pro footballers including Beattie who I asume is well paid, the manager, assistant, coach & physio on our poor gates.

I am worried that even if we manage to stay up-history is going to repeat itself?
The club did to an extent. I got an email for tickets for £10 for yesterday and next saturday. http://www.bulletmailing.co.uk/clien...chers_2012.pdf .

Possibly this could have been promoted better but it didn't help with Burnley being at home for a tenner and Rovers playing at Blackpool.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2012, 17:14   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Aye somebody figured out that 10 days before Christmas, with an away team as visitors with few travelling fans that it might be a good idea to reduce admission prices for the day
Ah thought there must be a reason
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2012, 19:27   #21

Dont necessarily agree with this. The fantastic cup game with Oxford only drew 1196- neither Rovers or Burnley played that day - it was the derby the day after.
Someone on the large board of directors should have sussed this - these young players must be demotivated when they see the crowd as it was yesterday- theyhave to decide quickly - do you want a crowd or the sponds?Pre- Xmas, in a terrible recession.
Give free tickets away- workplaces, schools, colleges.EVERY WEEK. Sell these people pies. Have a staggered entry system- get people to sign up to a voucher scheme- free first match, fiver to the second eight quid to the third etc- they can duck out if they dont like.
As Darreners we come because we feel Stanley represents more in terms of the true values of English football, and stands like a beacon against the greed, hypocrisy and short-sightedness of the 'premiership' et al.The club should play much, much more on this in their marketing-and there should be many, many more posters et al around the town.

I don't mean this in any way nastily towards the residents of Accrington-but I am astonished that the town doesn't get behind the club to a much greater degree- you would be surprised how often people in Darwen comment positively when they see the missus and I sporting our Stanley scarves, shirts, hats etc. After 60 or 70 home games in the last three or four years you have to accept that yesterdays debacle was uncharacteristic - the product at the Crown is usually pretty good!!
ONE OF THESE DIRECTORS MUST HAVE SOME CREATIVE NOUS?
The Red Darreners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2012, 19:42   #22

On yesterday's showing, we'll stumble into the New Year out of all cup competitions, looking nervously at the bottom of the table with an inexperienced manager and an inexperienced team. Not a good combination!
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2012, 20:10   #23
Senior Member+

Any chance of following the example of The Brewers last week?

Army of 900 juniors will boost attendance on Sunday | This is Derbyshire
cashman and smobile like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2012, 20:32   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
The club did to an extent. I got an email for tickets for £10 for yesterday and next saturday. http://www.bulletmailing.co.uk/clien...chers_2012.pdf .

Possibly this could have been promoted better but it didn't help with Burnley being at home for a tenner and Rovers playing at Blackpool.
Wasn't this also dished out to many houses in Hyndburn through a leaflet ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Darreners View Post

I don't mean this in any way nastily towards the residents of Accrington-but I am astonished that the town doesn't get behind the club to a much greater degree-
Maybe many of them are figuring out how to put food in the mouths of their families ? The town is dead, it's poor and has a large population of dead beats. Not sure how much more the town can do, you have to look further afield somehow
Old 16-12-2012, 20:33   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Any chance of following the example of The Brewers last week?

Army of 900 juniors will boost attendance on Sunday | This is Derbyshire
Now thats what i call,using yer head.
Old 16-12-2012, 21:15   #26
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Been saying for yonks the club should be targeting Clitheroe and the Ribble Valley, ony 8miles down the rd from accy My self yonmon Bently5 cartaker all live over here as well as others who attend home games
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 16-12-2012, 21:16   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Been saying for yonks the club should be targeting Clitheroe and the Ribble Valley, ony 8miles down the rd from accy My self yonmon Bently5 cartaker all live over here as well as others who attend home games
It's where all the rich folk live. I might even move my business there
Old 16-12-2012, 21:20   #28
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
It's where all the rich folk live. I might even move my business there
plenty of empty shops to fill Dave,you could branch out
Old 17-12-2012, 02:05   #29
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Been saying this for yonks too, Mab. Get out into the Ribble Valley, Rossendale, Darwen and other areas with leaflets and posters pushing the "Football the way it used to be - real grassroots atmosphere - etc, etc" theme.

Dave's right, it's no good looking to Accy itself for many more new fans - might get a few hundred back if our home performances pick up, but beyond that, we need to look elsewhere.

It really is time the club commercial dept started thinking out of the box - get out there into pastures new!
mab likes this.

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 17-12-2012 at 02:07.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2012, 09:44   #30
Resting in Peace

Re: Today's Attendance

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Now that's what i call,using yer head.
Must agree on that one cashy, Stanley are probably a lot different than say a club that has started of at the bottom working their way through to league status, okay Stanley did that, but Stanley's name is known world wide and was long before they regained league status. My other half went on a safari in Kenya in the mid 90s and even the little kids around where she was stay had heard of Stanley, the problem locally is two well established clubs on each side, the people who were around in the sixties went of to watch these clubs bringing their children up to do the same, who in turn have done exactly the same with their kids, then of course with the advent of TV football lots of local kids go glory hunting with the big boys United ect. So what Darwen Red is saying makes a hell of a lot of scene, it needs somebody to think outside the box, people aren't just going to turn up without a lot of outside intervention, incentives, give aways special promotions, its no use the powers that be sitting on their hands and hoping things improve, it ain't going to happen for the reason many of you have already stated
smobile likes this.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..