Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2006, 12:21   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Tonights Gate

Don't really see your point about a full house. Surely the size of the 'house' will dictate when it's full? A bungalow will be a full house sooner than a mansion?
I also don't see how leaguie position is linked to high attendances. We were top of the Conference for nearly 5 months, but never drew in enormous crowds.

I do agree, however, that a roof is essential. I firmly believe that cover and shelter would have a positive impact on Winter attendances.
Old 09-08-2006, 12:47   #17
God Member

spot on redraine
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 13:04   #18
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob
i will be happy to show you our system.

rob
That aside Rob, and I don’t doubt what you saying. What are the chances of having a guided tour of the ground sometime? Perhaps a small organised group for a small donation are something like that.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 13:08   #19
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by This Charming Man
This can only be done by establishing ouselves as a decent football league side. We're heading in the right direction, so if we all keep united and get behind the team as much as poss, i'm sure this will happen
Sounds good to me.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 09-08-2006, 13:11   #20
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
That aside Rob, and I don’t doubt what you saying. What are the chances of having a guided tour of the ground sometime? Perhaps a small organised group for a small donation are something like that.
I'm up for that I'm really interested on how the crowd figure is counted as I still don't believe it was the one announced last night.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 13:21   #21
God Member

Sponsor a game between you.. you then get full guided tour.... I think?

Away support numbers where true because before it rained they where all on coppice end and the half of cow shed was empty (proper half from half way line totally empty...coppice wasnt full and cowshed half empty so 700+ is about right
Old 09-08-2006, 13:28   #22
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
Sponsor a game between you.. you then get full guided tour.... I think?
Do we get the posh room with the nice chairs and a telly?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 09-08-2006, 13:30   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Do we get the posh room with the nice chairs and a telly?
Posh room? I was talking about a home game tha knows
Old 09-08-2006, 13:39   #24
Member.

Right........you mean the room with no roof......

I'd prefer the clayton end, even in the rain. but I would like to have a good look round. perhaps meet a few souls.

What about an open day? Beer, booze and a bag of chips. Tour of the ground and a open forum chat with the men behind the club.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 09-08-2006, 13:45   #25
God Member

An open day.. thats an excellent idea.. people can just drop in anytime and also tell school who can bring down parties of kids to look around..

I think thats a spot on idea doug.... mail the club...
Old 09-08-2006, 13:53   #26
Super Moderator

Great idea, chaps! I'd be up for that!
Old 09-08-2006, 14:06   #27
Resting in Peace

[quote=Tin Monkey]Don't really see your point about a full house. Surely the size of the 'house' will dictate when it's full? A bungalow will be a full house sooner than a mansion?
I also don't see how leaguie position is linked to high attendances. We were top of the Conference for nearly 5 months, but never drew in enormous crowds.

I was just pointing out that even our relatively small ground was nowhere near full by any standards - I realise that many of our present spectators have never experienced a swaying, surging, jam packed mass of bodies and am not for one minute advocating going back to the old days of few or no safety measures.
True, our gates did not improve massively last season, but I'm sure they would have been a damn sight less if we had been struggling! Hopefully, when we find our feet in this league we can achieve a noticeable increase by the end of the season.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 14:19   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Posh room? I was talking about a home game tha knows
Its a nice little room with racing on the telly and some butties and a sign which says Do not touch the pies, for players only. After being away from Accy for a few years that really made me feel at home.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 14:38   #29
Senior Member+

Being in the control tower I help monitor the capacity within the seregated areas via a computer program linked to sensors in all the turnstiles (including the old pass gate), this enabled us to redirect people last night away from the seating to the clayton end when the stand was indeed nearing capacity. And I can tell you the number of people who came through those turnstiles last night was exactly the same number as that of the announced attendance. Please don't cast asspertions on the club like this, it can cause a lot of serious problems, kinda like me accusing someone of embezzling from their workplace without any kind of evidence to prove it.

Not on people, just not on.

However I too would like to know where the othere 2,500 people would fit!!!!

I would also like to thank the Darlo fans for being absolutely no trouble at all, you were a credit to your club, and I wish you all the best in the coming season.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 14:53   #30
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie
this enabled us to redirect people last night away from the seating to the clayton end when the stand was indeed nearing capacity.
Don't talk rubbish if this was the case then the system is not working correctly, I and I have other witnesses saw and heard people who had paid for a seat being offered their money back or a refund and entry to the Clayton end because they had gone through the turnstiles when there where no seats left, stop trying to bully me.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..